Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need restaurant ideas, please!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need restaurant ideas, please!

    Ok, so my family is going to WDW in Oct and Dec. Now, my mother has decided to go at the same time in Dec and has offered to watch my daughters for me at the hotel so my husband and I can have a nice, quiet, adult dinner together. Here is where we have already eaten:

    Crystal Palace-breakfast
    Le Cellier-dinner
    Coral Reef-dinner
    Garden Grill-lunch
    Olivia's-lunch
    Artist's Palate-dinner

    So, what I would like are some honest opinions about where would be good to try next. Cost is not an issue, neither is location. Everything is open as an option. Suggest away! Thanks!
    Originally posted by larasound
    am I the burrito man?

  • #2
    Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

    I also love:
    Rose and Crown - Epcot
    Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
    9 Dragons - Epcot
    Alfredo's - Epcot
    50's Prime Time Cafe - MGM

    Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Ok, so my family is going to WDW in Oct and Dec. Now, my mother has decided to go at the same time in Dec and has offered to watch my daughters for me at the hotel so my husband and I can have a nice, quiet, adult dinner together. Here is where we have already eaten:

    Crystal Palace-breakfast
    Le Cellier-dinner
    Coral Reef-dinner
    Garden Grill-lunch
    Olivia's-lunch
    Artist's Palate-dinner

    So, what I would like are some honest opinions about where would be good to try next. Cost is not an issue, neither is location. Everything is open as an option. Suggest away! Thanks!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

    Find us on Facebook: .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

      Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
      I also love:
      Rose and Crown - Epcot
      Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
      9 Dragons - Epcot
      Alfredo's - Epcot
      50's Prime Time Cafe - MGM
      From what I hear Rose and Crown is great if you can get an outside table during Illuminations but it's not easy to do.
      Is 9 Dragons any different from just a regular Chinese restaurant? I would like to try something new and different. And my hubby will try anything at least once! He's very adventurous when it comes to food.
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

        Well since money is not an object you might want to look into the restaurants at the Grand Floridian. The food at Narcoossee's was great and I have heard wonderful things about Victoria and Albert's (which is a dress-up/kid free zone).

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

          I liked Citricos at the Grand Floridian. Nice Mediterranean dishes and atmosphere.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

            Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
            Well since money is not an object you might want to look into the restaurants at the Grand Floridian. The food at Narcoossee's was great and I have heard wonderful things about Victoria and Albert's (which is a dress-up/kid free zone).
            We are actually staying at Grand Floridian so I was thinking about that. I don't know if I'd be comfortable at Victoria and Alberts and it says to allow 2-2 1/2 hours for dinner. I will look into Narcoossees and Citricos. Thanks! Anyone else?
            Originally posted by larasound
            am I the burrito man?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

              Well there's 'Ohana at the Polynesian, and the California Grill at the Contemporary. Plan it just right on a night where there are Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, and it's a very special evening. The California Grill has established a bit of a dress code. I think they call it business casual. The Food at "Ohana is very tasty, served family style. The California is more pricey, but I have eaten at both places and they were equally outstanding in my opinion.
              BarbaraAnn

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                I like Ohana, but be prepared to waddle out of there from eating way too much. I've been to Narcoossee's and really liked the food there. Alfredos is good. I've heard great things about Boma also, but I've only had breakfast there. And I've heard good things about Portobello Yacht Club too.

                Another place you might try that's a little more adult is Bistro de Paris in EPCOT.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                  Originally posted by Neon Cactus View Post
                  Another place you might try that's a little more adult is Bistro de Paris in EPCOT.
                  I second that. I enjoyed my meal there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                    I would suggest Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was the best meal we had at WDW the last time that I was there.
                    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

                    Buy Now at Amazon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                      We are eating at Boma, Les Chefs de France, Le Cellier, 'Ohana and California Grill on our trip less than a week away. I will be able to tell you better after then which were the best.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                        Here's my short list...

                        Epcot

                        Canada (le Cellier)
                        France (Chefs de France)
                        Morocco (Restaurant Marrakesh)

                        D/MGM

                        Hollywood Brown Derby

                        Resorts

                        Grand Floridian

                        Citricos
                        Grand Floridian Cafe

                        Contemporary

                        California Grill (Great)

                        These are some of my favorites, for more ideas as well as menus for every place goto: allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

                        For the adult dinner you want, I would go to one of the restaurants in Epcot, or California Grill. For just an eating experince the California Grill is great, but you can't beat having dinner at one of the Epcot restaurants, then a stroll around the World Showcase. Swometimes in the early evenings we like to go to Chefs de France, get a window table, enjoy a nice relaxing dinner, do some people watching from the window, then go for a stroll well before Illuminations.

                        Have a great trip!

                        [email protected]

                        Andy
                        Last edited by CUatDL; 09-21-2006, 05:12 PM.
                        -
                        What is, is... What is not, is not.

                        Boom!

                        I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

                        Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                          SKIP all the stuff at WDW. Go to the Ale House behind DTD on road #535, and enjoy a great selection of food with great service and much cheaper prices than over rated WDW. Even the CMs at WDW go there all the time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            SKIP all the stuff at WDW. Go to the Ale House behind DTD on road #535, and enjoy a great selection of food with great service and much cheaper prices than over rated WDW. Even the CMs at WDW go there all the time.
                            I can go to Ale House anytime I want, and I've even been to that one. I am looking for something special and not cheap.
                            So far I am leaning towards California Grill and hoping to time it right for fireworks. But second would be somewhere in Epcot so we can stay and see Illuminations. Has anyone ever eaten in Mexico? I love mexican food. Thanks for all the input everyone!
                            Originally posted by larasound
                            am I the burrito man?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                              I think you're leaning toward a fine choice there Evilqueen. I've never been to the California Grill but have only heard great things about it.

                              Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                              We are actually staying at Grand Floridian so I was thinking about that. I don't know if I'd be comfortable at Victoria and Alberts and it says to allow 2-2 1/2 hours for dinner.
                              I think you should also give Victoria & Alberts more consideration. It's got a very intimate atmosphere and you are treated like royalty. Not sure if it may seem too fancy a place for your comfort level (I can certainly understand if it is) but if you are a foodie, then you should at least experience a 5-star restuarant once in your life (if you have never been to one before). My brother and sis-in-law went for their anniversary last year and were totally blown away and have made ressies again for this year.
                              ______________________________________________
                              "Screw with my pixie dust at your own peril!" - Mr. Wiggins

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                                Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                                I can go to Ale House anytime I want, and I've even been to that one. I am looking for something special and not cheap.
                                So far I am leaning towards California Grill and hoping to time it right for fireworks. But second would be somewhere in Epcot so we can stay and see Illuminations. Has anyone ever eaten in Mexico? I love mexican food. Thanks for all the input everyone!
                                I like the atmosphere of San Angel, but I was not impressed by the food. Not very good Mexican food in my opinion. I thought the food at the Cantina outside was better than the main restaurant inside.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                                  Originally posted by NatdRat View Post



                                  I think you should also give Victoria & Alberts more consideration. It's got a very intimate atmosphere and you are treated like royalty. Not sure if it may seem too fancy a place for your comfort level (I can certainly understand if it is) but if you are a foodie, then you should at least experience a 5-star restuarant once in your life (if you have never been to one before).
                                  Oh my husband is the foodie and he would love it! He used to be the lounge manager at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island so he has been exposed more to the finer things than I have.) It is a comfort level thing for me. I have eaten at the Ritz and been very uncomfortable in the past but the food was phenomenal! I don't know what it is...I feel like I'm being judged by the other patrons on whether I belong there or not. My husband says it all in my crazy little head though. As for Victoria and Albert's we are still considering it...but I think my daiughters might have their grandmother hogtied by the time we got back to the room after 3 hours.:lol:
                                  Originally posted by larasound
                                  am I the burrito man?

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                                    Originally posted by Neon Cactus View Post
                                    I like the atmosphere of San Angel, but I was not impressed by the food. Not very good Mexican food in my opinion. I thought the food at the Cantina outside was better than the main restaurant inside.
                                    Thanks Neon Cactus, that's good to know. We have had some things from the cantina before and they were good but I would expect more from the San Angel.
                                    Originally posted by larasound
                                    am I the burrito man?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                                      I guess it would depend on the sort of setting you're looking for. Are you looking for a quiet dinner, where you can chat (and perhaps drink) by candlelight? Or something more laid back, where noise, passing children, and occassional character visits aren't an issue? Or maybe in between? Here are some choices I would throw in the pot (and I have a feeling you're going to see EVERY restaurant on the list after reading through all of our messages, which isn't going to make your task any easier!)

                                      Magic Kingdom: I like Liberty Tree Tavern and Tony's. I'm a sucker for the theming on both, and the food is always top notch. Liberty Tree in the evening is really pretty, with the Liberty Tree outside, and the old wood paneling reflecting lantern-light. The characters, in my experience, are little more low key as well, and don't bug you if you don't want to be bugged. The food is solid American fare (turkey, beef, ham, mac and cheese, corn, etc) with really good bread.

                                      Tony's I like for lunch or dinner as well; and the food is solid "Olive Garden" type fare (not as fancy as the Italian place in Epcot, whose name escapes me at the moment, but I wasn't actually a fan).

                                      EPCOT: The Mexican restaurant here (San Angel) is just okay. But I'm picky about Mexican fare, having been raised in the Southwest. It's too heavy on the cilantro and tomatoes for my taste. Not a place I go out of the way for.

                                      My pick at EPCOT USED to be Asherkus, dangit! But now, I still like the Biergarten and Rose and Crown.

                                      Disney MGM: Brown Derby. Barring that, Prime Time Cafe is always fun, but can get fairly wild. So again, depends on the kind of meal you're looking for.

                                      Outside the parks, I tend to like Boatwrights at Dixie Landings, and 1900 Park Fare. Never been to Vic & Al's, so I'm no help there.

                                      Good luck, eqr! As I said, I'm sure EVERY restaurant will be someone's favorite!
                                      WI
                                      _______________________________________
                                      "A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles."

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

                                        Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                                        Thanks Neon Cactus, that's good to know. We have had some things from the cantina before and they were good but I would expect more from the San Angel.
                                        I have heard A LOT of negative things about San Angel's food. Maybe just go there for a drink since I hear the atmosphere is amazing.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X