Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

Animal Kingdon lodge
    bome to me is a buffets place with a lot of people and familys
    some time hard to get in without Reservation

Same area
    Jiko (the coking place)
    African touch of food and wines.
    Must reservation

I do not know when you are going but if a in short time (pass 60 days)
    some place are hard to get in.

One I think of is Calif, Grill ever love the view.
    some of the Guide books put it number one this one you need call right at the 60 days mark for Reservation.

Les Chefs De France (epcot)
    Stone Crab Loumge (inside Fulton's) DTD

Leave a comment:

• Phonedave
    replied

Originally posted by herb2linda View Post
    Grilled Wild Salmon - Mashed Yukon gold potatoes, wilted chard, tasted pistachios and Madeira-saffron sauce $36

Bleah!

LOL

-dave

Leave a comment:

• Chernabog
    replied

From last week on the MiceChat Invasion I heard great things about California Grill and that restaurant next to Boma in the AK lodge.. starts with a J... hrmmmm

I did eat breakfast at Boma, which was great, but I wish there were more african dishes there for the breakfast buffet. I hear WONDERFUL things about their lunch/dinners, especially if you like to be a little adventurous.

Last I would like to caution you about Ohana. Ate there for my birthday with the MiceChatters (34 of us) -- while the food was tasty, the service was ABYSMAL.

Apparently "Ohana" means "family", and "family" means "get it your damn self".

There were people in my party who couldn't get their iced tea refilled after asking twice AND speaking to the manager. AND STILL DIDNT GET THEIR ICED TEA REFILLED. I had members of my party asking for water multiple times, then finally walking to an area where there were water pitchers and refilling their own drinks.

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

I like the San Angel Inn, Boma, 'ohana, House of Blues

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

Thanks for that! My husband will have fun drooling over it!
    Where did you find it? And does anyone know if it has changed since then or if it will change?

Leave a comment:

• herb2linda
    replied

Haven't eaten there but here is the menu:

NARCOOSSEE'S
    Menu Date: September 2006
    APPETIZERS
    Narcoossee's Crab Cakes - Remoulade and Fresee slaw $12.00
    Prince Edward Island Mussels with white wine, roasted garlic, tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese $15.00
    Zucchini-Mascarpone Ravioli - saffron-tomato broth $11
    Fried Calamari with a peppercini dressing $12.00
    Chilled Shrimp - cucumber avocado salsa $13.00
    SOUP & SALADS
    Frisee, Watercress and Apple Salad - white cheddar, candied walnuts and apple cider vinaigrette $9.00
    Romaine Hearts with Caesar dressing and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese $9.00
    Heirloom Tomato-Blue Cheese Crostinin Salad - red onion, basil, chives, and red wine viniagrette $12.00
    Seafood Chowder with fish and shellfish, potatoes, and cream $9
    ENTREES
    Grilled Sea Scallops - sweet corn risotto with lobster sauce and herb oil $32
    Roasted Atlantic Halibut - Creole tomato sauce and citrus sticky rice $32
    Grilled Wild Salmon - Mashed Yukon gold potatoes, wilted chard, tasted pistachios and Madeira-saffron sauce $36
    Seared Five Spice Ahi Tuna - stir fry vegetables, soba noodles and soy-mirin glaze $34
    Grilled Beef Filet Mignon and Butter-Poached Lobster Tail - potato gratin, asparagus and green peppercorn brandy sauce $52
    Steamed Whole Maine Lobster - drawn butter and roasted asparagus $54.00
    Tanglewood Chicken Breast - balsamic-bacon lentils, Swiss Chard, and Clementine emulsion $26.00
    Red Pepper-Mushroom Risotto - sauteed Swiss chard, mushrooms, and asparagus $19

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

OK, I know I started this thread a while ago but I think we have made a decision but would like any extra input someone might have on Narcoosee(sp?) We decided on this after considering going to Epcot but decided it would probably be best to stay as close to our room and daughters as possible. After looking at the description online my husband thinks this would be our best choice. Has anyone eaten here recently and have any info on the menu? Thanks again for everyone's input!

Leave a comment:

• Remember the Magic
    replied

Hi guys, I didn't want to start a new thread since I'm basically asking the same question, except it's not my anniversary! It's my 21st birthday and I'll be staying in the Grand Floridian the night before, and the night of my birthday. So I'm looking for suggestions for a nice, special dinner for just myself and my mother on the eveing of my birthday- all suggestions are welcome, kids and characters don't bother me but maybe a dress code would. Would love to hear about anywhere you think would be suitable, champagne and caviar or burgers and chips, it doesn't matter! :lol: thanks!

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

Originally posted by DrummerMan View Post
    Ok... You want special and price is not an issue... I'll give you some of my secrets.

2. Charter the Grand One for a fireworks cruise and have Grand Floridian Private Dinning cater it. (you can charter Grand One by calling the Grand Floridian).

3. Have a private meal on the concierge level of the Grand Floridian, overlooking Cinderella's Castle, catered by Private Dining.

We just got back from our Halloween trip! My husband was wondering if you or anyone else had anymore info or who he can call to get info on these 2 options. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Tikiman
    replied

WOW thanks for the compliments TDLFAN and evilqueenrocks. I am starting to feel more welcome around here already

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Say what?!?!? HELLO!!! Look at Tikiman's avatar and tell me you would not like to be romantic with such hansdome face!!!
    :lol: Yes, it is a very handsome face! But how do you think I got the kids I am trying to have a dinner away from!:lol: JK! My girls are my life. They are the only reason I even go into Fantasyland anymore. Or as I like to call it...Hades with stollers.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks
    And romance is overrated
    Say what?!?!? HELLO!!! Look at Tikiman's avatar and tell me you would not like to be romantic with such hansdome face!!!

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

I have to agree on this! We ate there back in May. Our server was great but the food wasn't. My husband actually saw a little girl pick up a piece of bread, take a bite out of it and then put it back on the buffet! Yuck! Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! Keep them coming! I love hearing about your experiences!

Leave a comment:

• Tikiman
    replied

My favorites:

Jiko (I enjoyed it very much and it was very different. Great view and service)
    Boma (best buffet in WDW with the best variety)

Artist Point (good food)
    Flying Fish (always make sure we go there. Never had a bad meal or service)
    Liberty Tree Tavern (only tried lunch and it was great. Trying dinner in December)
    Concourse Steak House (great steak!!!)

Rose and Crown (great fish and chips and perfect location for Illuminations)

Will not go back to:
    California Grill (use to be a favorite but prices went up, portions went down, dress code and service was beyond unacceptable)

Last edited by Tikiman; 09-28-2006, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
    Hmm nice romantic dinner without kids... one day....
    Yeah...but I have to put up with my mother in her motor scooter. Hmmmm, is that fair enough or should I request another dinner too? Hate that motor scooter! And romance is overrated, I'm just looking forward to not having to cut up someone elses food and feed them while mine gets cold.)

Leave a comment:

• Jerren
    replied

Hmm nice romantic dinner without kids... one day....

Ok my suggestions:

MK Area:
    • Artist Point in the WL- I reccomend the Bison Steak or Ceadar plank Salmon
    • Vitoria and Albert's - note Jacket and Tie required... But worth it.

Epcot Area:
    • Le cellar - usually quiet
    • Rose and Crown - on my honeymoon we where treated to free champaign, dessert, and a song...
    • Flying Fish cafe - on the boardwalk, kinda more fun than romantic but good.
    • Shula's Steak house - WDW Dolphin steak house, best in the area suposedly.
    • Coral Reef - Quiet and dark, food was IMHO not the best and you have to question the logic of having a seafood restarant in the reef exhibit... I swaer the fish where looking at me saying "OMG you ate Kenny..."
    MGM:
    • Brown Derby - fairly quiet for an in park restarant, nice atmosphere but not as good as the origional...
    Downtown:
    • Fulton's Crab House - much better food than coral reef without the condemmed watching you eat...

Leave a comment:

• wdwnut4life
    replied

All this food talking is making me hungry & miss WDW!!!! My last trip was November 05 & I hope 2 go next year.
    My fave restaurants (from the 05 Birnbaum book (I need the '07 book, don't have the 07 one yet or 06 one for that matter b/c I didn't go to WDW this yr)
    Epcot-Fountain view bakery (Innoventions), Bistro de Paris (great food & view of World Showcase, I luv Epcot), Mitsukoshi (Japan pavilion), great food @ Rose & Crown (esp the fish n chips, yum-o! I want some now!), San Angel Inn, Liberty Inn.
    MK-Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table. (I ate there my 1st WDW trip in 2001 w/my mom, niece (1 yr old, she's 6 now), sister & brother-in-law,
    AK-Rainforest Cafe (it was freezing in there so my mom & I had 2 buy sweatshirts & still talk about that, b/c we went to the one in Chicago, plus I went to the 1 @ mall of America-it wasn't cold in there & I got a cool glass that lights up!).
    MGM-didn't eat there, would like to
    Downtown Disney-Wolfgang Puck (I have sushi everytime)

Have fun! Post pics here!!! & trip report!! I'll do the same next time I go

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

Originally posted by DrummerMan View Post
    Ok... You want special and price is not an issue... I'll give you some of my secrets.

1. The Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts, or if you prefer more casual dress, Citricos. There is a hefty minimum purchase, but it will be a meal you'll never forget.

2. Charter the Grand One for a fireworks cruise and have Grand Floridian Private Dinning cater it. (you can charter Grand One by calling the Grand Floridian).

3. Have a private meal on the concierge level of the Grand Floridian, overlooking Cinderella's Castle, catered by Private Dining.

Outside of that, I always recommend Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Alfredos and the Biergarten at Epcot, Fresh at the Dolphin, Ohana at The Polynesian, Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge, and 50's Prime Time at MGM.
    Oh wow! Thanks DrummerMan! I didn't even know about any of those private dining options. My husband loves those chef's table deals too. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• DrummerMan
    replied

1. The Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts, or if you prefer more casual dress, Citricos. There is a hefty minimum purchase, but it will be a meal you'll never forget.

Outside of that, I always recommend Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Alfredos and the Biergarten at Epcot, Fresh at the Dolphin, Ohana at The Polynesian, Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge, and 50's Prime Time at MGM.

Leave a comment:

• cooknthyme
    replied

how about Boatwrights Dining Hall over at Port Orleans Riverside, my wife and I liked it ( Dinner )

Also Captain Jack's at Downtown Disney

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X