• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    Re: Epcot News and Rumors

Originally posted by captsmith84 View Post
    It's a fact... my friend actually works in Paris and met up with the film crew.
    It makes sense to me. This isnt the first time this has been reported either.

Leave a comment:

• StitchIsKing
    replied

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Shortly thereafter, El Rio de Tiempo will be given a Three Caballeros overlay. The budget is modest, so I wouldn't expect to be wowed.
    Bye Bye If You Had Wings videos...

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post

And I agree with the poster who said that they have chopped too much music out of EPCOT. The one thing that I remember about EPCOT after it opened was how much interesting, fun, and atmospheric music they had created for the park. It was clear that the Imagineers still knew how music could make or break a ride. WDI needs to revisit the amazing work of the Sherman Brothers.
    My suggestion to help that a little:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38903

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
    All these rumors are pushing me close to just throwing in the towel on making another trip until some rumors either come true or fizzle out.
    Don't hold off a trip just because Disney may/may not build a new attraction. There is always going to be something new in the works. Don't sweat it. Take your trip when it works best for your schedule and have a great time. If they build something new that you just have to ride, you can always sell a kidney on ebay to make a quick weekend trip.

Interesting rumors in this thread. There are so many concepts floating around for EPCOT. Too bad the major theme integration concepts aren't moving forward very quickly (a new greener and tighter theme for Future World for one).

And I agree with the poster who said that they have chopped too much music out of EPCOT. The one thing that I remember about EPCOT after it opened was how much interesting, fun, and atmospheric music they had created for the park. It was clear that the Imagineers still knew how music could make or break a ride. WDI needs to revisit the amazing work of the Sherman Brothers.

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Soarin' in Paris doesn't even have a budget yet, so it's gonna be a while for the one over there. They plan to build their Soarin' half as large as the American Counterparts. As for the film switchout at Epcot, it's anyone's guess, though one would hope it would be ready for the 25th.
    You'd like to think so.

If not, why even film the thing now?

Leave a comment:

• captsmith84
    replied

Soarin' in Paris doesn't even have a budget yet, so it's gonna be a while for the one over there. They plan to build their Soarin' half as large as the American Counterparts. As for the film switchout at Epcot, it's anyone's guess, though one would hope it would be ready for the 25th.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

Do we know about when it's due?

All these rumors are pushing me close to just throwing in the towel on making another trip until some rumors either come true or fizzle out. Laugh Floor and Nemo is nice, but I almost want to wait until more has changed at WDW since my last trip, because of the cost and rarity of such a visit.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Sweet! Will be nice to see a new film, I look forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• captsmith84
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

The reason they were out filming at WDSP for a few days was simply because Soarin' Over the World. is going to be built at WDSP! The WDSP version of Soarin' will open with the new film that FL is getting. One of the many filming locations was WDSP.

Filming has not begun on a new Impressions.
    Interesting ... now do you know this as fact (you trust the sources) or is it rumor?

Leave a comment:

• Jerren
    replied

Originally posted by wdwnut4life View Post
    I think Epcot should bring back Tapestry, I miss it a lot & have it on my iPod (both Nations & Dreams-a good friend of mine made me a cd w/Nations, which after I finally got my awesome new computer a few weeks ago in Chicago Labor day weekend, I uploaded Tapestry of Nations & Celebrate The Future Hand In Hand, which I listen to all the time
    I agree, I never got to see it since they didn't run it durring high winds and for some reason we always visited on windy days...

Leave a comment:

• captsmith84
    replied

Really?

I hadn't heard that. I thought Disney would just leave the current film in there for another 15 years. Besides, what could they be filming at DSP that would be worthy of a Soarin film?
    The reason they were out filming at WDSP for a few days was simply because Soarin' Over the World. is going to be built at WDSP! The WDSP version of Soarin' will open with the new film that FL is getting. One of the many filming locations was WDSP.

Filming has not begun on a new Impressions.

Leave a comment:

• wdwnut4life
    replied

I think Epcot should bring back Tapestry, I miss it a lot & have it on my iPod (both Nations & Dreams-a good friend of mine made me a cd w/Nations, which after I finally got my awesome new computer a few weeks ago in Chicago Labor day weekend, I uploaded Tapestry of Nations & Celebrate The Future Hand In Hand, which I listen to all the time

Leave a comment:

• captsmith84
    replied

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
    I think this is one of those cases where you're entirely right about all of the above points, but for me it just doesn't matter. So much of the movie centers on architecture, beautiful castles and quaint older villages. The old cars seem to fit right in. And I don't find the quality of the film dropping below my enjoyment threshold. New prints are always welcome, but the actual content of this film, including the incredible music score, far outweigh any shortcomings, IMO.

And I'm not really sure I trust the current Disney company to come up with something better . . .
    Well said about your points. I agree, I cringe at the fact that it may get replaced with something not as amazing. Impressions is just a wonderful film, and I absolutely adore the soundtrack. Personally, I'd create a new film using much of the same as the old... the old locations, the old soundtrack (re-mastered) and just re-shoot it in High Def. That would be amazing.

And I wouldn't complain if they added in a flyover of Disneyland Paris... ha!

But the chances are iffy if something like what I'd like would happen, and I'd hate to lose the current film that we have. I guess I always try to improve on perfection... because there never is perfection, I always believe that anything can be improved.

It's simply a matter of how much it actually needs to be improved.

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueenRocks
    replied

It was me and don't even put Golden Dreams in the same category.

The American Adventure may well be the finest theme park show ever created. Even with my very negative opinion of our current president and Congress, it always brings a patriotic tear to my eye. It's WDI at its best.
    And it still amazes.

But it does need to be updated to reflect the events of the past dozen years or so and sadly, most of them are very negative ones.
    ITA here! I have and always will love The American Adventure. And it does need to be updated.

Originally posted by WDW1974
    Shortly thereafter, El Rio de Tiempo will be given a Three Caballeros overlay. The budget is modest, so I wouldn't expect to be wowed.
    I'm looking forward to this! My daughter has to ride this every time we go at least 3-4 times!

Originally posted by WDW1974:961238
    There still is NO financing for the rumored parade for Epcot, which will be held during the day if it happens.
    I don't think EPCOT even needs a parade.

Leave a comment:

• danyoung
    replied

...the night skyline is totally different in Paris now, just the quality of the film shows its age, and the fact that the cars are more than twenty years old is a dead giveaway.
    I think this is one of those cases where you're entirely right about all of the above points, but for me it just doesn't matter. So much of the movie centers on architecture, beautiful castles and quaint older villages. The old cars seem to fit right in. And I don't find the quality of the film dropping below my enjoyment threshold. New prints are always welcome, but the actual content of this film, including the incredible music score, far outweigh any shortcomings, IMO.

And I'm not really sure I trust the current Disney company to come up with something better . . .

Leave a comment:

• Neon Cactus
    replied

Impresions de France and American Adventure are two of my favorite attractions at Disney World, much less EPCOT. I think the music of Impresions is great, and it does a great job in painting a picture of France. I'd rather have an outdated great film than for them to redo it and ruin the whole experience. I am glad to hear that Canada is getting a new film.

I'm going in June 2007, so I hope Imagination is open during that visit. My daughters love Figment. I'd like to see a Three Caballeros overlay on El Rio. It's never been one of my favorite rides and there is so much more they could have done with that ride in the first place.

I wouldn't mind the wand coming down at all (and take out the sorcerer Mickey hat from Disney-MGM Studios too).

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

I'd wager TDLFAN is right about this one. It doesn't make sense to flip to Paris since it doesn't embody what The Land is about anyway. If there was an art and architecture pavillion, I'd love an IMAX 3D Soarin'.

But if it's over WDSP, no way. "Soarin' over pavement!"

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Really?

I hadn't heard that. I thought Disney would just leave the current film in there for another 15 years. Besides, what could they be filming at DSP that would be worthy of a Soarin film?
    Could it be an "Impressions De France" what they were doing in WDSP (which BTW... has no working studios at all as far as I know?) and not a 'Soarin' update? The kids at DLR would hate if WDW got a new 'Soaring' film, and they were still stuck with 'Soaring with the Terminator".

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

I suppose then, if my Dad (another old-school Disney fan, but old enough to remember most of it more than I do, hehe) were going to WDW for the first time, that this would be one of the few attractions at the resort that would really wow him. I know it would wow him more than the Hall of Presidents ever could. He's a Reagan idolizer and the actions of the current Prez caused him to quit the party, so I know that dry speech and Dubya's imitation boots placed next to Ronnie's hat would make him leave in disgust. LOL

Actually, now that I think about it, I should ask for a list of the best/most impressive stuff at WDW. I know there's not as much of it as there used to be, but there's some gems still there. Then again, I'm sure if I look around there's been a lot of discussions of that type on various WDW forums.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X