Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eliminate from WDW

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Eliminate from WDW

    Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    oh man I am sorry to make you offended. I thought you were a woman !!!
    In my best impersonation of Nathan Lane in "La Cage" with Robin Williams... " I *AM* a woman!!!"

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Eliminate from WDW

      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      In my best impersonation of Nathan Lane in "La Cage" with Robin Williams... " I *AM* a woman!!!"
      I thought so, see some said you wern't I knew you were,

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Eliminate from WDW

        Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
        have a wonderful WDW day
        Not sure that's even possible, since it is TDLFAN we're talking about here.

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Eliminate from WDW

          There are many things in my WDW1974 utopian world that wouldn't probably be a part of WDW today ... from timeshares to most of DD ... from the tacky Pop Century to the BAH ... from the NASCAR course in the middle of the parking lot to Test Track ... but that's just the fanboy in me.

          What absolutely has to go is most of the current exec team that has WalMarted the product down to squeeze every last penny out of their guests and cast. Because things like attractions can disappear, resorts can be made over ... but when management is a cancer it spreads to all the parts that make the magic.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Eliminate from WDW

            Spin the WoS complex out of the property. and the cheezy things like mini-golf and mcdonalds off the property.

            Disney is about immersion.. these things take away from it IMO
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


            Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

            Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Eliminate from WDW

              Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
              Spin the WoS complex out of the property. and the cheezy things like mini-golf and mcdonalds off the property.
              Seems to me that you should start clearing out the real golf parks before the mini-golf. Mini-golf can be enjoyed by all ages and income levels, while real golf is typically a pastime of rich men.

              And I'd sooner have McDonalds than WDW's overpriced mouseburgers. I had to make special trips to DTD to save a few bucks on a meal.

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Eliminate from WDW

                Smoking rooms at all resorts can go. It will save a lot in the long term. Plus it will be healthier for guests who get put in a smoking room who don't want one!

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Eliminate from WDW

                  Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  Honey, I Bored the Audience to Death.
                  Amen
                  "There's no off position on the genius switch"

                  Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Eliminate from WDW

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    In my best impersonation of Nathan Lane in "La Cage" with Robin Williams... " I *AM* a woman!!!"
                    Of course you are darling .. especially with that fablous hunk of a husband, G-fan. :shy: (yup... MiceChat still doesn't have a drool icon, so that will have to do.)

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Eliminate from WDW

                      Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                      Of course you are darling .. especially with that fablous hunk of a husband, G-fan. :shy: (yup... MiceChat still doesn't have a drool icon, so that will have to do.)
                      Please, don't give G-Fan a big head. He already thinks he is the belle of the ball in all of the meets we have attended.
                      But I do love my hunky redheaded babystud.:blush:

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Eliminate from WDW

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Please, don't give G-Fan a big head. He already thinks he is the belle of the ball in all of the meets we have attended.
                        But I do love my hunky redheaded babystud.:blush:
                        I didn't inflate his ego - you just did. :cwink:

                        Next time, I'll just go back to inflating yours then.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Eliminate from WDW

                          Personally I think Fast Pass needs to go away. Waiting in line is not fun, but when you go to a theme park it is to be expected. Fast Pass to me, just makes the standard lines longer. Another thing that definately needs to go, more so than the Fast Pass, is the damn SUV sized strollers. Too many times the kids in them are big and I mean BIG enough to walk, in fact many of them could use the exercise.

                          Another change I'd like to see made is a return of the policy that you couldn''t bring food from the outside into the park. The other day at work in the park there were guests with large cold drink cups advertising Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. Finish the drinks outside the park and throw the cups away.

                          What's with all the backpacks and luggage in the parks lately? I saw several people yesterday in the Magic Kingdom dragging a suitcase on wheels behind them. I followed them for awhile, they went up to the Tomorrowland Terrace opened up the suitcase and it seemed like they had an entire grocery store in there. They made sandwiches and stuff right there at the tables. They were using the suitcase more like a cooler, and they had all the fixins from pre pakaged salads and a loaf of bread to bottles of Pepsi. I'd rather pay the few dollars more, based on all the food they had, I doubt they saved much, than drag that cooler/suitcase around the park all day.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Eliminate from WDW

                            There are a few things that I might remove, but when I think about things that I don't personally use, like WWoS, Richard Petty Experience, DVC, and things like that, then I think that there are people who come to WDW and enjoy those things. That's the beauty of WDW is that it does offer nearly something for everyone. I'm not a huge fan of DTD Westside, but with DisneyQuest, Cirque, House of Blues, AMC Theaters, etc. it offers more things to do. And, although I'm not sure how much Disney makes, these companies pay Disney money to be there, so removing it would not really save the company $$. I don't mind McDonalds so much at the marketplace (I will never go to a McDonalds at a Disney resort, but that's my own opinion), but I do wish they'd remove that eyesore by the All-Stars.

                            Definitely do not remove Fastpass. I think it's a great system.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Eliminate from WDW

                              Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                              What's with all the backpacks and luggage in the parks lately? I saw several people yesterday in the Magic Kingdom dragging a suitcase on wheels behind them. I followed them for awhile, they went up to the Tomorrowland Terrace opened up the suitcase and it seemed like they had an entire grocery store in there. They made sandwiches and stuff right there at the tables. They were using the suitcase more like a cooler, and they had all the fixins from pre pakaged salads and a loaf of bread to bottles of Pepsi. I'd rather pay the few dollars more, based on all the food they had, I doubt they saved much, than drag that cooler/suitcase around the park all day.
                              This one, on the scale you mention here, bugs me too. But, I need to bring in small snack items in my backpack style diaper bag for my 2 daughters. My oldest daughter for example doesn't eat candy only the fruit snacks. I am not going to deprive her of this since this is not something that is sold in the parks as well as many other food items that they will eat. But what you mentioned above is just crazy. I know the food is overpriced at WDW but it's just all part of it. Plus I can't imagine how long it took security to look through all of that. I would be too embarassed to bring that much food into the park.
                              Originally posted by larasound
                              am I the burrito man?

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Eliminate from WDW

                                ***Moderator Note- Let's cut the snarky remarks and personal attacks. Just because someone may have a different point of view than yours, doesn't mean you get to insult them. Attack the post not the poster. Please review our FAQ's.
                                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson


                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Eliminate from WDW

                                  Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                                  Seems to me that you should start clearing out the real golf parks before the mini-golf. Mini-golf can be enjoyed by all ages and income levels, while real golf is typically a pastime of rich men.
                                  I think the stats on Golf speak for itself.. no need to stereotype (and poorly at that). Just because you don't play doesn't make Golf any less popular then it is.. and in fact its one of the few sports people actually travel for JUST TO PLAY golf.. at many skill levels, not just the top echechlon of participants. Golf adds to a destination, sorry you just can't ignore that.

                                  And given over the recent history, Disney ADDED courses.. I'd find it hard to argue that they don't give Disney return for their money.
                                  Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


                                  Am I evil? yes, I am
                                  Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

                                  Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                  Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Eliminate from WDW

                                    Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                                    Another thing that definately needs to go, more so than the Fast Pass, is the damn SUV sized strollers. Too many times the kids in them are big and I mean BIG enough to walk, in fact many of them could use the exercise.
                                    I don't have a problem with big kids in little strollers, since it's up to everyone to make the choice to make themselves look stupid, but I would like to see strollers reduced to singles again, with maybe a double-wide baby stroller for they VERY little ones.

                                    The SUVs have to go. If you couldn't stop at a reasonable number of kids, then this is what you're going to have to deal with. Life is tough.

                                    Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                    I think the stats on Golf speak for itself.. no need to stereotype (and poorly at that).
                                    We're not stereotyping. Fact is there's not many places for homeless to go in my city, but we sure have lots and lots and lots of golf courses. Big wide expanses far larger than any other game's court.

                                    Just because you don't play doesn't make Golf any less popular then it is..
                                    How popular is it? A former WDW marketing executive talked about his efforts to try and market the Golf Resort (Shades of Green) to golf enthusiasts and all his efforts came up dry. The conclusion was that people at WDW don't want to play golf, and/or people who want to play golf don't want to go to WDW to do it.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Eliminate from WDW

                                      Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                                      I don't have a problem with big kids in little strollers, since it's up to everyone to make the choice to make themselves look stupid, but I would like to see strollers reduced to singles again, with maybe a double-wide baby stroller for they VERY little ones.

                                      The SUVs have to go. If you couldn't stop at a reasonable number of kids, then this is what you're going to have to deal with. Life is tough.

                                      Uh...What do you consider a big kid or a reasonable number of kids?
                                      Originally posted by larasound
                                      am I the burrito man?

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Eliminate from WDW

                                        Whatever is a reasonable number of kids is however many strollers you feel you wish to push along. If everyone who can walk in your party is pushing a stroller, than so be it. All I'm saying is that they shouldn't cater to the Cheaper By The Dozen crowd by making Stroller Minivans.

                                        As for what constitutes a big kid, I don't know and that was my point. Everyone else complains about children too large for a stroller being pushed around. I say, hey, if it moves forwards and that's what they want to do, then let them do it.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Eliminate from WDW

                                          Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                                          Whatever is a reasonable number of kids is however many strollers you feel you wish to push along. If everyone who can walk in your party is pushing a stroller, than so be it. All I'm saying is that they shouldn't cater to the Cheaper By The Dozen crowd by making Stroller Minivans.

                                          As for what constitutes a big kid, I don't know and that was my point. Everyone else complains about children too large for a stroller being pushed around. I say, hey, if it moves forwards and that's what they want to do, then let them do it.
                                          OK. Just curious. I have a 5 and a 2 year old. We only rent a stroller for the 5 year old because she really likes it. It seems special to her because we don't do it everywhere else. And my 2 year old is tiny and the strollers at the parks are not safe for her so we always bring a smaller one for her. But I see the point of the SUV sized double strollers which you can actually fit 3 kids in. I don't like them either and will never rent one. I hate the people with them who block the walk thru paths that are set up during fireworks.
                                          Originally posted by larasound
                                          am I the burrito man?

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X