Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I full of pooh ... oops, I mean poo ...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I full of pooh ... oops, I mean poo ...

...for having a BIG problem with the fact that out of five days I was at Pop Century, the pool closed four of them when I was at it because someone's child defacated in the swimming pool?

Do you think this is acceptable behavior?

Do you think these people are well-bred?

Do you think this is ... say, disgusting?

Do you think Disney needs to clamp down on this by placing LARGE, BOLD, NASTY signs by the pool stating that toddlers and young kids MUST wear swim diapers or will be EJECTED from the pool?

Oh, and do you think I'd have a red block in my file if I went to the front desk and demanded to speak to a manager about it?

I really want opinions because I have traveled all over and stayed at mom and pop places, low level Comfort Inns, Hojos etc ... right on up to 5 star world-class resorts and I have NEVER witnessed this yet I ALWAYS see it at WDW.

Have people become total animals?

Please, someone tell me, it's just me. Go on ...

Re: Am I full of pooh ... oops, I mean poo ...

wow they pooped in the pools? thats just gross!! and yes swim diapers are a must and should be strictly adheard to!!!

Comment

and this is another reason I do not swim in public pools. They also pee in it all the time and thats harder to see, but it's my belief the pee is the main cause of cloudy water.

Comment

Diapers of any kind should NOT be allowed in pools. Period, and that includes Depends.

Comment

Yet further proof the human race is de-evolving.

Comment

it just seems to me the attitude of some people is, "we are here to have fun, we paid good money to be here, we don;t care how our behavior effects othhers as long as WE are having fun.".....and this attitude really can cause others to have not such a good time...

Comment

ok, Tracy while buttercup is in the pool you and I will have toddies at the table :lol: no way am I gettign into that water. no way!!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                ok, Tracy while buttercup is in the pool you and I will have toddies at the table :lol: no way am I gettign into that water. no way!!
                cool...I was already planning ways to bow out of the pool idea. I figured if thats what everyone wanted to do that would be fine, but I would take that time to shop or take pictures...LOL...besides, I have farmers tan and the parts that aren't tan look like casper......

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                  cool...I was already planning ways to bow out of the pool idea. I figured if thats what everyone wanted to do that would be fine, but I would take that time to shop or take pictures...LOL...besides, I have farmers tan and the parts that aren't tan look like casper......
                  I am looking forward to just looking around and taking my time and taking pictures and just seeing things I have not seen before. I thought I would bring a deck of cards for night time relaxation. have some fun beating the pants off the gang in a game of cards I have never seen the espn zone. or other buildigs. looks like I will have a chance to look at some things I over looked before.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                    I am looking forward to just looking around and taking my time and taking pictures and just seeing things I have not seen before. I thought I would bring a deck of cards for night time relaxation. have some fun beating the pants off the gang in a game of cards I have never seen the espn zone. or other buildigs. looks like I will have a chance to look at some things I over looked before.
                    sounds good to me. You won't have much trouble beating me at cards. I don;t know how to play very many games...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      sounds good to me. You won't have much trouble beating me at cards. I don;t know how to play very many games...LOL
                      we will just play rummy or we will play the other team for drinks :evil:

Comment

Hmm.. The last time I was in a Disney Resort Pool was....

:croll:

Yup! I don't recall. :lol: So I guess I can't help much but this topic is quite interesting. I did not see any of this while at the Poly the many times I have walked to/from/by the beach.

Comment

My last experience with a public pool was many years ago at the mirage in vegas. They have a really pretty there. We were having drinks by the pool and I noticed the pool was pretty clear excpet for where about 8 kids were playing by the stiars and it was cloudy as can be there. I was so grossed out. Thankfully the midori sour helped, but I have not been in a public pool since...LOL...

Comment

74, that's worse than Exaclibur. If you were actually planning to use the pools, I'd complain.

Comment

Anyone else here think about Caddyshack when you hear this story? lol the Baby Ruth in the pool? lol and yea thats gross ..id hate to be the one that had to tell a cast member about that one...and i'd bet money it WASN'T the parents of the kid that did it..they probably collected little timmy and went to their rooms trying to be anonymous as can be..

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaah......pooooooo.....eewwwww.
                                Some guests need to wear DIAPERS or learn to control themselves!

Comment

I don't know, but it's ridiculous how Disney took four days to sort the floater out.
                                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                                  TRIP REPORTS

Comment

you have to shut the whole system down and dump lots of chemicals and such into the pool and since the pools at pop centery are so large it probably took that much time to make sure the chemicals filtered through the whole system and that the water was safe to swim in again. no nasty bacteria like e coli and such. I read a thread like this on a cruise board and cruise ships don't even allow swim diapers in their pools, if you aren't potty trained you aren't supposed to be there. but like i have said before look at the clientel that stay at pop centery and allstars. to me those resorts are just a step above the old travelogdges or motel six. I won't ever stay at either again.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                      Diapers of any kind should NOT be allowed in pools. Period, and that includes Depends.
                                      I agree.

All diapers are designed to do is hold in any solid material that a child (or adult) expels. The germs and potentially dangerous bacteria flows out into the H20 ... and before someone tells me how much chlorine the pools have in them (where's my little apologist Mikey ... likely discovering himself at school now!) that doesn't assure anything. Children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems are very much at risk for serious illness (and even death) when directly exposed to fecal contamination.

This really sickens me to the core ... and I also do NOT believe it is strictly babies (who shouldn't be in pools to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                        Yet further proof the human race is de-evolving.
                                        That much is certain.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X