Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which would you prefer? Test Track or World of Motion?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you prefer? Test Track or World of Motion?

There seems to be a constant debate over which is better. TT or WOM? I would like to finally like to know what the general public prefers. Both have pros and cons. (Me personally, I'd be hard pressed to choose one over the other. WOM might just have a slight lead and I mean slight.)

World of Motion: Similar in pace to SSE, slow moving ride. History of transportation, highly detailed with many AA's and speedroom. All climating in a view of the city of tomorrow.

Test Track: Similar in pace to ????, high speed ride. Faux automotive testing grounds, going through a variety of tests. Tests included: Hill climbs, braking, temperature changes, curves and bends, and a few surprise tests.....All climating in a 65-mph run around the outside of the pavillion.

Which will it be WOM or TT? For those of you who just can't decide I have an option for you to so don't despair. VOTE!!!
    World of Motion
    40.00%
    Test Track
    50.00%
    Oh man, I just can't pick one over the other!
    10.00%
    I hate them both.
    0.00%
    - Horizonsfan

Re: Which would you prefer? Test Track or World of Motion?

Test track, hands down.

Comment

I can't say, Test Track is always broken when I go to Epcot, so by default I'll have to say WoM, at least it worked. That said, from what I've seen of Test Track, overall it's a better ride than WOM. Aside from the turn of the ride outside with the views of SSE and Horizons, WOM bored me until the speed room into the city of the future. The finale was great, but the leadup to it was a little long.

Now if this question were Horizons or MS? Horizons would win hands down.

Comment

Another coming up!
        - Horizonsfan

Comment

Hey, a fast ride for those of us who want to remain right-side up and don't care for extreme G's? Sign me up.

WoM is the most overrated of the old Epcot rides, by the video evidence. Spaceship Earth without the architecural marvel of the ball as a show building. No thanks.

Comment

Test Track. World of Motion might show the history of cars, but I want life in the fast lane!

Comment

Does anyone have any photos of WOM? I am drawing a blank on what it looked like. I'm sure I rode it many times as I did Horizons, which I really miss. Thanks!
              Originally posted by larasound
              am I the burrito man?

Comment

"It's Fun to be Free!! Fun to be Free!!!" Remember?

Comment

Visit http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id61.htm or http://www.startedbyamouse.com/features/wom.shtml

hopefully that will help!
                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Hmmm.... Nope don't remember that. Should I be glad about that or not?)

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
                    Yes, thanks! That did help! I especially remember the DaVinci/Mona Lisa scene. Wow, I miss that one too! Now I'm all nostalgic....
                    am I the burrito man?

Comment

Does anyone have any photos of WOM? I am drawing a blank on what it looked like. I'm sure I rode it many times as I did Horizons, which I really miss. Thanks!
                      Heres a video too if you care to watch. Brings back some memories.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_BfwKsTQc

Comment

Definitely World of Motion. I'm a sucker for rides that are heavy on AA's. Plus I thought it was cool how you went "outside" before going into the first showscene. I loved the view of Future World you got during that part. All you get from Test Track is a big blur.

Comment

Originally posted by BackIntoYourSystem View Post
                          Heres a video too if you care to watch. Brings back some memories.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_BfwKsTQc
                          Oh wow! Thanks for that link! So many memories...

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          Definitely World of Motion. I'm a sucker for rides that are heavy on AA's. Plus I thought it was cool how you went "outside" before going into the first showscene.
                          ITA! I think this is why I can still ride SSE 4-5 times in a row because of my daughter. She loves it, and I love the AA heavy rides myself. I've only ridden TT once and I don't think I'll ride it ever again. I just didn't think of it as that great since I have no strong desire to do it again. But, I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it. This is why EPCOT is so different form its original design and purpose. I feel it was meant to be more of an educational and cultural experience but the powers that be at Disney decided it needed more thrill or something to keep the people coming back. I don't know...I still feel it is the most relaxing of all the parks and I don't feel as rushed in it. Like I can take my time to just sit and enjoy rather than stressing over getting to the next ride, worrying about how long the wait time is, etc..
                          Last edited by EvilQueenRocks; 09-24-2006, 04:32 PM.
                          am I the burrito man?

Comment

While there is no doubt that I enjoy the thrills of Test Track, from what I remember of World of Motion it was such a great experience. I sort of prefer the slow moving full experience rides 'ala Space Mountain the most, go figure.

Oh well....it's never coming back so I might as well enjoy TT to the fullest.

Comment

The problem when Epcot opened was too much education and too little fun. The slow moving attractions were way cool--but seriously, I felt they didn't realize you could mix education with a fun ride. All Test Track is, is a simulator. But still, you can learn, if you are open to it.

But a slow moving view of scenes about motion? Cool if you are a teacher, but when the kid next to me starts to scream and bang his head against the ride vehicle's dash...he's thinking he escaped school--not rode back into it.

I'm going to vote in favor of Test track.

Peace,
                              Roo
                              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I guess I'm a fuddy-duddy because I prefer WOM. Not that I don't like thrill rides (I love them actually) but for me Test Track is a thrill ride without the thrill. I only ride it if there is no line for it, other than that I pass it up. Just dissapointing to go on an attraction that mimics my daily commute to work.

Comment

Where is the option for I never went on one or the other, but I like/don't like ___?

Because that is my vote.

Comment

World of Motion, while it had its moments, was the weakest of the Big 3 Old Epcot Dark Rides(With Horizons and Journey Into Imagination being superior)
                                    While Test Track could use some improvements to give it more of a message about transportation, it's much better then what was there before. Wouldn't it be nice if they brought back the "Fun to be Free" song in some form, like some rock cover? Would be great exit music like Destiny is at Mission Space.
                                    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                    sigpic
                                    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                      I wouldn't be surprised if thats on your ipod....

actually.. has a master or near master version of this attraction come out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                                        I wouldn't be surprised if thats on your ipod....

actually.. has a master or near master version of this attraction come out yet?
                                        Uh, well I have a 27 minute ride through track of the attraction. I can't remember where I got it, but it has all the narration from the ride and also all the music from the various parts of the ride(which is why it's 27 minutes). I think the actual ride was about 15 minutes long I think.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X