This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in the (Disney) World? v1.2

Round two was getting long, so we are going to start round 3. The following are the rules and how to host & post an image (for anyone who is new). I'll post the first picture in the next post (since I guessed the last round)
    RULES & INFORMATION
    This is a fun game. First, someone posts a picture. The idea is that it's close up enough that the location is not given away, but still wide enough to make it possible to guess where the photo was taken.
    - Please post pictures only from the Walt Disney World Resort.
    - Pictures must be taken from a Disney Park'
    - Don't make them too hard...but don't make them too easy
    WHERE TO HOST/HOW TO POST AN IMAGE
    1) Go to http://www.imageshack.us
    2) Browse for the photo you wish to upload.
    3) Press "host it!"
    4) The resulting page will give you a list of links. The one you need is called "Direct Link to Image" (it is usually the last link).
    5) In your post, click on the image icon (little mountain with a sun) and put in that link.
    This is by far the easiest possible way I know of.
    Walt Disney

Here is the first image of round 3! This should be fairly easy.

-Michael
    Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
      This should be fairly easy.
      You have, of course, doomed us all in saying that.

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's something on one of the trains in the Magic Kingdom.

Although... zooming on it, the shape within the circle is somewhat irregular, it looks almost like a golden apple. Could it be from Snow White?
      G7

It's your future. Make it a great one.
      http://planet7.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Planet7
        You have, of course, doomed us all in saying that.
        Yes, I probably have. [Laughs evilly]

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's something on one of the trains in the Magic Kingdom.
        Yes, it is in the Magic Kingdom...no, it's not on the trains.

Although... zooming on it, the shape within the circle is somewhat irregular, it looks almost like a golden apple. Could it be from Snow White?
        Yes, it is a "Golden Apple"...no it is not from Snow White (although, it does have to do with Snow White). You'll be "happy" when you find out the answer. Heck, you might even "celebrate." (And yes, those are all hints).

-Michael
        Walt Disney

Comment

Yes, it is a "Golden Apple"...no it is not from Snow White (although, it does have to do with Snow White). You'll be "happy" when you find out the answer. Heck, you might even "celebrate." (And yes, those are all hints).
          Which leads me to my second thought, that it's something to do with Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, which the other parks are inexplicably "celebrating".

Is it part of one of the "golden" ride vehicles or a parade float?
          G7

Comment

Which leads me to my second thought, that it's something to do with Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, which the other parks are inexplicably "celebrating".

Is it part of one of the "golden" ride vehicles or a parade float?
            It is not the golden vehicles (as those are specific to Disneyland). However, it does have to do with the Happiest Celebration on Earth (and it is in the Magic Kingdom).

-Michael
            Walt Disney

Comment

It is not the golden vehicles (as those are specific to Disneyland). However, it does have to do with the Happiest Celebration on Earth (and it is in the Magic Kingdom).
              Well, unless it's part of a parade float or street decoration (sign, lamppost, etc.), I have no clue.
              G7

Comment

Oh, is it part of that tacky stuff that's stuck on the castle?
                G7

Comment

Oh, is it part of that tacky stuff that's stuck on the castle?
                  Although I disagree about the decorations, that is the correct answer. For the second time, you are the first person to win in the round.

(Although you can't see it, it is on the bottom of the magic mirror).

You're up Planet7.

-Michael
                  On a side note, we only have to go through 403 more posts to catch up to the Disneyland version.
                  Walt Disney

Comment

Here you go...

G7

Comment

Here you go...

It seems as if maintanence is bad or it is themed that way. Could this be in Dinoland somewhere?

-Michael
                      Walt Disney

Comment

or on a boat-like structure/ride?

Click the banner! ^^^^
                        Follow us on Twitter
                        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

It seems as if maintanence is bad or it is themed that way. Could this be in Dinoland somewhere?
                          Nope, not Dinoland. And not on a boat--though it does look like a porthole, making it an interesting and challenging clue, no?
                          G7

Comment

Could this be the "ever-so-exciting" Swiss Family Treehouse?

-Michael
                            Walt Disney

Comment

Somewhere in Typhoon Lagoon

Comment

Could this be the "ever-so-exciting" Swiss Family Treehouse?
                                Nope, not Swiss Family/Tarzan Treehouse.

And Matterhorn, as far as I know we're only playing this with the four "major" parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Studios, Animal Kingdom). That helps narrow things down at least a little.
                                G7

Comment

Here's a couple of hints: it's on a ride, and the "wear" that Mike noticed is intentional.
                                  G7

Comment

Anyone else having trouble seeing it? Nothing's coming up on my computer for the picture.
                                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

It looks like there is a door (or archway) of some sort behind the window. Does this ride take you through this open thing? Also, I forgot to ask the generic question...is this in the studios?

-Michael
                                      Walt Disney

Comment

It looks like there is a door (or archway) of some sort behind the window. Does this ride take you through this open thing? Also, I forgot to ask the generic question...is this in the studios?
                                        If I understand your question correctly, no, at least not in the sense that you're asking. When you look through the "porthole", there's another opening beyond, which you can see through in the photo. The area that you can see to is indeed part of the ride area, but you don't "pass through" the "archway" as you called it to get there. Does that make sense?

And no, it's not in the Studios.

Yoyo, I'm not sure what the problem viewing the photo is. I just put a copy of it on my own server. See if you can view this one:

If you still can't see it, adjust your browser settings (crank down security/privacy a notch temporarily) and see if that helps. Just be sure to crank 'em back up before visiting less "trustworthy" sites. If you still can't view it, let me know and I'll figure something else out.

This is turning out to be a be tougher than I expected, but I think you can get this. In fact, I know you can!
                                        Last edited by Planet7; 05-05-2005, 03:45 PM.
                                        G7

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X