This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Al's Column: What about WDW?

My biggest dream is for Magic Kingdom and Epcot to get revamped and restored to there old glory.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post

Both Space and Jungle Cruise will be getting redos and a new E-Ticket is on the way for the MK
      Please, please tell me more. Are these reliable rumors that I can go to sleep at night and dream about? What is the new e-ticket? Is it oft-rumored Incredibles ride for Tomorrowland or something different that we've never heard about? Did I miss a thread somewhere that discussed this?
      "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
      --John Lasseter

Comment

There's been a few threads discussing this. The master plan for WDW for the next several years has been confirmed to be mainly refurbishment of classic rides. Al himself stated a while back that WDW management was so blown away with the HM and Jungle Cruise that they were both going to get some major refurbs. (One of the ideas I don't like is that they may do a pre-show video while in line for the jungle cruise with Timon and Pumba).

Nothing is confirmed in anyway, but it's widely speculated that Space Mountain is going to get a refurb in the next year and I've heard some fairly substantial confirmation that there is a plan for an E-ticket to go in the magic kingdom in either the old 20k spot, somewhere in adventureland, or in frontierland. Nothing has been given on either of those however.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Cactus View Post

Disney World has been far from ignored, however. They got Everest, they're getting the Laugh Floor Comedy Club, they're getting Nemo for the Living Seas, among other things.

And these are just the things we know about.I think WDW is in decent position right now as its in a stage where growth for tourism in Orlando has come to a halt.So instead of building more new hotels and half built parks we are instead going to have the money spent on the already four existing parks.To keep them looking strong and fresh and to keep making money out of them.
          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

ORDDU: As I recall, even Michael Ei$ner used to refer to Disneyland as the 'Flag Ship' Park. Not that I usually agree with anything that man ever had to say. But for once I suppose he actually did say something we could agree with. But, really, it's a matter of opinion. If you're basing you're opinion on a purely financial point of view, then at least a coven of witches has an idea where you're coming from in what you're saying. But in terms of charm and creativity--alone--we'd still have to say that Disneyland outshines them all and is the true 'flagship'.

ORGOCH: Maybe they meant ta say Walt Dizzy Whirl was the 'fagship' a the Dizzy theme parks. Ain't they got the biggest draw fer Gay Days?

ORWEN: You should know, old biddy. You were there to see for yourself, you know. In the meantime, I've also heard Disneyland referred to as the 'crown jewel' of Disney theme parks. I'd have to agree with that, too. But that does NOT mean I'm putting Walt Disney World down by saying that. Walt Disney World is wonderful. If we didn't think so, we wouldn't go there so much. It's just that Disneyland appeals to us even more--enough to rate it as the very best of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
              If they aren't careful their supposed flagship park will cost more than 100 just to walk through the gate. and that would severly limit attendance.
              One problem with DL is that too many guests pay too little to enter the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Doopey1 View Post
                Please, please tell me more. Are these reliable rumors that I can go to sleep at night and dream about? What is the new e-ticket? Is it oft-rumored Incredibles ride for Tomorrowland or something different that we've never heard about? Did I miss a thread somewhere that discussed this?
                I only post reliable information.

From what I've been told/pieced together, money has already been budgeted for major redos on both Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise, with a few smaller add-ons to Pirates.

As to what the E-Ticket will be, I can't tell you because I don't know myself. But, yes, it could be the Incredibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                  ORDDU: If you're basing you're opinion on a purely financial point of view, then at least a coven of witches has an idea where you're coming from in what you're saying. But in terms of charm and creativity--alone--we'd still have to say that Disneyland outshines them all and is the true 'flagship'.
                  I agree. 100%.
                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                  TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                    I only post reliable information.
                    I did not mean to imply otherwise, I was just wanting to dig a little deeper. Thanks!
                    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
                    --John Lasseter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X