This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoaMD Winning Family Video

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but youtube has a clip from GMA of the winning family who got the day in the MK to themselves (they also show computer renderings of the Royal Suite). I got the chills seeing that when all the CMs came out on Main Street. The expressions on all their faces were priceless. It must have been one very large magical moment. As for the suite in Cinderella Castle, if they can get it to look anything like those renderings, it will be simply stunning. Not much more I can say but wow.
    Walt Disney

Re: YoaMD Winning Family Video

I just saw the ad to win the night in the castle from GMA - you just send in a family photo and an essay on why you deserve to go. I may just do that.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

The suite looks so pretty - but it does seem quite extravagant for Disney to decorate the suite like that for an eighteen month celebration. Surely they are considering using it after the YOAMD has finished.
      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

i actually shed a tear watching that when everybody came running out! i'd give anything for a night in that castle
        November 1996. Surprise birthday trip

April 1998

April 2000

November 2003

February 2005

November 2006. My 21st birthday trip to the Grand Floridian

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse". Walt Disney

Comment

Very awesome video!

Comment

that was awesome. with things like this.. I don't see how people can continue to slam disney over this campaign. If this happened to you, you'd be floored.

Where is this 'royal treatment' on the GMA website? I can't find it
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Is this picture breathtaking or is it not?

Something about the morning sun on the castle, and the family in the middle of Main Street just wowed me.
              BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
              October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
              April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
              December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
              July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
              July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
              February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
              February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
              TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I'm guessing we'll be seeing something like this soon in a future Disney commercial...
                Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                  The suite looks so pretty - but it does seem quite extravagant for Disney to decorate the suite like that for an eighteen month celebration. Surely they are considering using it after the YOAMD has finished.

My name isn't Surely, Speedy, but current plans are for the suite to be given to big VIPs ... not a pay deal. But who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                    that was awesome. with things like this.. I don't see how people can continue to slam disney over this campaign. If this happened to you, you'd be floored.

Where is this 'royal treatment' on the GMA website? I can't find it
                    I can still slam Disney and will.

Hell, I'll even slam them for the way they pick 'winners' for things like this.

And, no, I doubt I'd be floored if I was the only guest in the MK ... I'd think it was a bit strange and eerie though. But it was all a setup for the media attention (largely ABC, natch) to kick-off the event.

So far this whole event elicits a big yawn from me. That won't change if I win a FastPass next week either.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                      It's not. You can clearly see the difference between the repainted turrets and the ones that aren't, and you can very clearly see the tape on the bottom left turrets covering up damage to the roof done by all that 50th stuff.

I wonder if these people were randomly selected as one of the YoaMD handouts, or is this another case of what Al described in previous promotions, where they wait for a nice clean Disney-esque family to come along and award it to them instead.

I know this makes me sound like a big grump, but I promise you that I'm no TDLFAN when it comes to my expectations. They simply should have taken that picture looking the other way with the family walking into the shot.

Comment

Awesome Mike, thanks for sharing the video as I didn't get a chance to watch it myself.

I'll admit that it made me teary-eyed too. It brought back memories of my early morning at Disneyland on July 17, 2005 with Cast Members lining Main Street, only this time they were filling it. If I was in that family I would've been hugging everyone.

One thing I've noticed is that the family isn't exactly dressed in Disney apparel, ears/hats, etc. Not that I mind, but something I wasn't expecting to say the least.

Okay Disney -- what's next?

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                          They simply should have taken that picture looking the other way with the family walking into the shot.
                          But this angle is so much more Disney-esque. The only way it could be more Disney-like is if the son & daughter were about 7 years younger and the girl was on the dad's shoulders pointing up at fireworks in the sky. (at least judging by most Disney commercials)
                          Walt Disney

Comment

Wow! I can't imagine what that family felt at the moment they got mobbed. Wow. Totally cool!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                              It's not. You can clearly see the difference between the repainted turrets and the ones that aren't, and you can very clearly see the tape on the bottom left turrets covering up damage to the roof done by all that 50th stuff.
                              Wow you can "clearly see" that, I must need to get my eyes checked then.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                                Wow you can "clearly see" that, I must need to get my eyes checked then.
                                I agree. Never would have noticed that had MickeyMania not pointed it out. Oh well. Guess I better get my money back for the Lasik surgery I had done 3 years ago!

Comment

That was awesome video. What a lucky family indeed.

This is the first time looking at a picture of the suite in the castle for me. I know where those windows are located on the castle and what's strange is that they are made of blue glass, so I'm not sure of they will be able to look out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacha View Post
                                    I agree. Never would have noticed that had MickeyMania not pointed it out. Oh well. Guess I better get my money back for the Lasik surgery I had done 3 years ago!
                                    To be fair, I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been following sites documenting every little change at the castle.All it would have taken is a little Photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember the Magic View Post
                                      i actually shed a tear watching that when everybody came running out! i'd give anything for a night in that castle
                                      Me too!!! Isn't it a shame that the winners didn't even seem like Disney fanatics. They weren't even excited to be there. Please - GIVE ME THEIR DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                                        They weren't even excited to be there. Please - GIVE ME THEIR DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        I didn't get that. There faces when the characters/CMs came out seemed priceless to me. They just seemed like they weren't big fans of the interview and didn't have much to say. I know there wouldn't be much I could say after winning that prize. Just my opinion though.
                                        Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X