I need to go puke, excuse me.
    I agree....

Man Disney has gotten greedy!

Comment

Re: DAK Lodge to be ruined ...

Well, since I'm a DVC member myself........ :whistling

Comment

What's the problem? Are they converting/removing rooms or just adding new ones? If they're just adding new ones, what's to complain about if (and only IF) it's done well?

Comment

they are converting some of the savanah rooms and adding others I believe but there is still room to put them. at least they are going there and not the contemporary. geesh. actually all of the dvc resort areas seem to blend in pretty well with the other resorts in the area. the only one that doesn't to me is the beach club and that is because they decided to use a different color.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
            What's the problem? Are they converting/removing rooms or just adding new ones?
            From the article..

"According to Disney, the time shares will be a mix of new construction and renovated accommodations in part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge."

"Development of the Animal Kingdom Villas is scheduled in phases, with units to begin opening in fall 2007. The project is scheduled to be completed by spring 2009.

The first phase will include 134 remodeled accommodations on the fifth and sixth floors of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and additional phases will include the building of 324 vacation properties in a new building at the resort."
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Sounds O.K. to me. You don't have to be a member of DVC to rent a room there. I rented a studio at the Beach Club villa, and it was very nice. Didn't cost me anymore than a regular room. I used my AAA discount, and stayed there for a few nights a few years ago. Then rent these rooms, when they are available.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                Sounds O.K. to me. You don't have to be a member of DVC to rent a room there.
                Disney rents out extra capacity in the DVC rooms and of course owners rent their timeshare as well. I think its 60days out if the room isn't booked, it goes into the available pool which can be rented directly from Disney.
                Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                  Disney rents out extra capacity in the DVC rooms and of course owners rent their timeshare as well. I think its 60days out if the room isn't booked, it goes into the available pool which can be rented directly from Disney.
                  It's more than 60 days out. I've been looking at my holiday plans since the middle of Spetember and could have reserved at any of the DVC and I'm not a member.

Comment

DL 1975-2014
                    WDW 1984-2014

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/

Comment

Uh, I'm confused. How will this "ruin" DAK??

Comment

Building DVC rooms are NOT ruining disney. They blend in well and are appropriatly themed. DVC booths are ruining disney. They're cheap, obnoxious, and always out of theme.
                        - Horizonsfan

Comment

I personally love staying in DVC and I am not a member. And AKL is one of my favorite resorts so I am all for it! Now I can stay there, enjoy the animals, and have more space. What's the problem with that? I'd rather see it go here than see them build a whole new skyscaper in front of Contemporary.
                          Originally posted by larasound
                          am I the burrito man?

Comment

It ruins the deluxe resorts by lowering the standards of teh NON-DVC rooms and bringing in a lower clientele.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                              It ruins the deluxe resorts by lowering the standards of teh NON-DVC rooms and bringing in a lower clientele.
                              I don't understand this post. Who IS the lower clientele?

[email protected]

Andy
                              -
                              What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I don't consider myself lower clientele since I can afford to stay wherever I want to at WDW. I just like having the extra space with 2 children. And being a DVC member is not cheap! So who do you consider "lower"?
                                Originally posted by larasound
                                am I the burrito man?

Comment

I'm glad they'll be putting in an additional restaurant. I don't see a need for a second shop though.

Comment

Oh, so it's a class issue then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

I love the idea of DVC at AKL -- we might actually buy in now. As for the lower class of visitors, I don't think DVC is on a par with the lower class of hotels. Finally, if you look at the other Deluxe resorts, only WL and AKL have just the one gift shop (I'm considering the shops of the BW for BWI, BC + YC). It would be nice to have a shop that focuses on the African artwork and clothing and another that focuses on Disney brand merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
                                        Building DVC rooms are NOT ruining disney. They blend in well and are appropriatly themed. DVC booths are ruining disney. They're cheap, obnoxious, and always out of theme.
                                        I've found a few that were nicely themed during my visit, like in one in Frontierland with a newspaper talking about how trains are now boarding for Saratoga Springs. The problem usually isn't the booths themselves but the big bright DVC logos on them.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X