This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How busy is it?

Just looking for an idea on how busy it is at WDW at the end of April beginning of May.

We have been in January and loved it - the temps are perfect - not cold but not too warm either - t shirts during the day jackets at night.

our trip at the end of May beginning of June was way too busy and hot for us. We'll never go again from June to Sept.

What's it like temp wise and crowds say mid April to mid may?

Thanks
    P.
    Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
    We'll let you decided who types what

Re: How busy is it?

Anyone?

Comment

Hi P, i wanted to let you know we went this year the end of april, first of may. it was pretty nice. it was warmer than we expected, but very nice! we are currently planning a vacation for May 1st, 2007.
      i would say the crowds were average. We brought the kids for the first time this year, so i didn't get to ride much. but my husband was able to get fast passes on what he wanted to ride, so i wasn't left waiting long. Hope i helped! jen

Comment

It's not bad at all the end of April. Most of the spring break crowds are gone and it's before the busy summer season starts.

Comment

Jen - thanks for making your first post a response to my question and Welcome to the board.

We're just trying to figure out the best time to go with children. My wife doesn't like the heat and found the end of May was too hot and we ended up staying at the hotel until late afternoon - this trip it didn't really matter since we had a 7 month old and couldn't ride many rides anyways but our next trip our daughter will be 3 and we really want to take advantage of our holiday. (including dare I say it - Early morning parks - who gets up that early???? LOL)

Comment

P~ you are very welcome, i am soo excited to be apart of the board. Our kids were 18 months and 4.5 when we went in April. they had soo much fun! i brought the video camera and video taped a lot.. so the kids get to see and remember it. they get soo excited when i put the home video's in. My son, who is now five waves like mad at the tv when they watch the parade. it's soo cute!! i can't wait to take them again!! jen

Comment

Thanks, this helped me out too.

My next trip to the US should be April/May for about 4/5 weeks, so we'll end up in Florida around the same time. I suspect it would be a nice average balance between Spring Break and Summer crowds.

So, do you all reckon late May is still about the same?

Comment

Not at all - This year we were there for 8 days at the end of May.

It was crowded and hot - you'll be used to the head but my wife hates it and our daughter was only 7 months and didn't like it either.

we usually went in January where the longest line up was 2 minutes. In May we skipped rides because they were out the door - that's just insane.

I really think from now on we'll go in the off/value season - weather is beautiful and the crowds are minimal too.

Comment

It's pretty average. The Spring crowds die down a little at that time.

Comment

we have gone a few times the 1st of November, that is a GREAT time to go. there were hardly any lines, weather was nice... i want to go to the not so scary halloween one of these years. maybe next year

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X