This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Gate

What are your ideas for a 5th gate at the Walt Disney World Resort?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Re: 5th Gate

dont have one

Comment

I'd like the gate to match the rest of the fence.

Comment

Anyone recall that one from the old "Forbidden Disney" show at Pleasure Island's Laugh Factory?

Comment

They already have all the plans made up for "Disney's America" that was supposed to be built in Virginia. Building this at WDW would save the imagineering money for what was already planned, and I'd love to know more about American history!

Comment

Pixar Park

Instead of sticking Pixar rides in all of the existing parks, build a whole park with everything Pixar.

Pixar Rides, Characters, Eateries - everything from all of their movies - all in one place.

Jim

Comment

Still hoping for that villains park, myself.
              Originally posted by larasound
              am I the burrito man?

Comment

The Funtastic World of Socks.

Comment

How about a Harry Potter/LOTR park? I'd like to see it happen if for no other reason than that I will not have to hear people gripe about how those themes do not fit into other DIsney parks. Maybe there could even be a section for villians in that park.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelan6 View Post
                    They already have all the plans made up for "Disney's America" that was supposed to be built in Virginia. Building this at WDW would save the imagineering money for what was already planned, and I'd love to know more about American history!
                    Please no... Remember California Adventure... the closest education should be is Epcot, not many people go to parks to learn, they go to escape learning.. or subliminal learning.. like at Epcot.

Originally posted by Schroedingers Cat View Post
                    Pixar Park

Instead of sticking Pixar rides in all of the existing parks, build a whole park with everything Pixar.

Pixar Rides, Characters, Eateries - everything from all of their movies - all in one place.

Jim
                    hmm... but wouldn't that just be overkill... some pixar is nice.. but there is not enough to be a single park on it...

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    The Funtastic World of Socks.
                    Best idea ever!

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                    Still hoping for that villains park, myself.
                    will it have a rollercoaster that loops 15 times? if so.. build it! and dont forget the waver to enter the park...

Comment

Disney's Floridian Adventure
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

IMHO Disney should not be even thinking of a 5th gate untill the gates they have are up to par and money can be invested for upkeep.

Comment

*agrees with wem1985*

Comment

Originally posted by wem1985 View Post
                            IMHO Disney should not be even thinking of a 5th gate untill the gates they have are up to par and money can be invested for upkeep.
                            Actually, if you ignore my earlier ideas, I think this is the best idea. Here is what I would like to see. BTW I realize these are all unrealistic, expensive and blue sky. Also I realize that especially with my suggestions for the 5th gate and for Disney Studios it can be tough to get the rights to things, or that the rights may already be in the hands of another theme park chain.

Magic Kingdom: Upgrades and refurbs all around, especially Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. Let's see some of the new addtions to rides like Disneyland has (i.e. New Bride on Haunted Mansion, Piranhas on JC). Move CoP to Epcot or back to DIsneyland, and restore the original show.

Animal Kingdom: Beastly Kingdom. Its time the Dragon in the logo is recognized. I was under the impression that the park was just not supposed to be for animals that were (Dinosaurs) and animals that are (most of the rest of the park) but also Animals that have never been. At least it was that way in the original idea. Since Universal has already built a Dragon coaster, how about a Griffen based coaster. Then how about a nice boat ride that takes you on a tour of the mythological animals of the world, like Dragons, Unicorns, Salamanders, Sea Serpents and the like. The maze they originally designed for the park would be nice too.

Also I'd like to see them add some dark rides. For example they could build a Jungle Book ride in Asia. These would not have to be state of the art, just at least on par with most Fantasyland rides.

Disney Studios: I'd like to see them remove Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Star Tours from the park (and move them to a hypotecial 5th gate where they can be expanded to sections rather than a single ride/attraction. Other lands would include Harry Potter, NArnia, and/or LOTR).

In their place I'd like to see a new Muppet ride. There were all sorts of ideas in WDI's backroom. Just dust one off and polish it up.

Also I'd like ot see an upgrade to the Great Movie Ride. How about a Sci-fi scene from a movie like Star Wars to replace Alien. Perhaps a section for fanasty movies like LOTR. Maybe a scene for a Pixar Movie. Instead of the generic horror scene perhaps they could get the rights for some horror movie. Leave Wizard of OZ.

Epcot: At least 1 new World Showcase. Fix the exit for Maelstrom so you can get out without having to wait for the doors to open for the movie. Build the Germany ride that was planned long ago.

Future world - Universe of Energy, remove Ellen and Bill Nye. FIlm new film and add some new animatronic dinosaurs. Add something new to Wonders of Life and reopen it. Remove something if necessary.
                            Move CoP from Magic Kingdom and restore the original show. Use it as a nostalgia piece.

After that is all done, then a 5th park can be built. I would suggest it should be themed to those properties that are not owned by Disney and can use a large section to be in. Examples could be LOTR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and NArnia. The best reason for doing this would be that no one would then be able to complain about these properties being in their favorite Disney park.

Just my crazy, never going to happen, hell would have to freeze over ideas. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post

will it have a rollercoaster that loops 15 times? if so.. build it! and dont forget the waver to enter the park...

Heck, yeah it will! Think about it, build a separate park with the most thrill rides in a darker themed setting. All the parents can send their teenagers off to there and then go enjoy a nice quiet day at EPCOT without being told how boring it is every 5 minutes.)

I could've sworn there was a rumor swirling about this years ago when Universal built Islands of Adventure because didn't it take a bite out of Disney for a little bit at least? Due to the better thrill rides...Gosh I miss those coasters, haven't been there since my kids were born...

What waiver? We don't need no stinkin waiver!
                              am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                                Also I'd like ot see an upgrade to the Great Movie Ride. How about a Sci-fi scene from a movie like Star Wars to replace Alien.
                                They better never remove the Alien Section!!!!:beg:
                                - Horizonsfan

Comment

There will be NO 5th gate. Please give it a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                    Oh, you're no fun anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                      I think most of us are well aware of that fact but we still have the right to dream about it and have wishes for what it would be.
                                      am I the burrito man?

Comment

still hoping for a 3rd gate in Anaheim

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X