This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GrimmGreen First ever WDW Trip report

I sooo agree...Japan is a favorite on mine also. And I always drop a fair amount of cash in that store. Though I have done Epcot during the day, to me it is perfect at night. I actually use to be a big fan of the restaurant that was in Canada (first time I ate there was back in 91...man time is flying by), but on a visit a few years ago the quality had gone down. Not sure what they did. Did October-fest last time and it was fun. Thanks for update. BTW...that Ellen show is a great place for a nap!
    Last edited by Hamlet Schmalzbach; 10-26-2006, 09:06 PM. Reason: forgot to add a comment

Comment

I think your report was great. My comments:

I agree that Splash is much better at MK. I also think that Thunder is better at DL. But I love the DL Space Mountain better than the MK version.

At Disney Studios, I love TOT better than the DCA version. I also love Rockin Roller-coaster. It is amazing!

I cannot believe that you went to Epcot but did not go into the American Adventure. That is the best animatronic show I have ever seen! I also love France in general. The movie is one of the best of the movies at WS. I also have been to the Food and Wine festival. It is so wonderful sampling things, but it get expensive fast!

I loved your report. I also stayed at French Quarter. I loved the atmosphere. It is a great value for WDW. Thanks again.

Comment

great trip report!!

last summer was my first time to WDW ... looks like you had just a good a time as i did

Comment

That was awesome!

I have never been to DW (only DL countless times) but it really looks like a week-long trip (at least).

This just reinforces my dismay at the marketing strategy of combining the various parks into the Disney Park conglomeration. Animal Kingdom / Epcot - must see!
          How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
          :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Yay, I was starting to think you had forgot about all of us waiting to read the next part of your report!

Comment

Awesome report! Love the pictures. :thumbup:
              "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
              - Walt Disney

Comment

MGM STUDIOS GO!!!

i had heard that MGM studios was more of a half day type of park , but we stayed there all day untill closing , and had a great time ,

the gate and a smudge

as usual the first thing we did was eat , and the eatery , some sort of ABC place was great , and since i'm a nerd i had to take picture of the "LOST" props

after breakfast we went and got a fastpass for Indiana Jones stunt show , it was packed , while we were waiting we went and did the Drew Cary nonsense , my mom is a big fan of his , but i just took a 7 min nap...

i thought Indy was freakin cool

After Indy we did StarTours and i must say that i did'nt really like the whole , "MOVIE SET" vibe of it , the ATAT out front looks awesome , then on the back it's mostly metal beams and stuff . kinda silly in my humble opinion

i thought these fake backdrops were rad , much beter than the hollywood pictures backlot at DCA

Muppet Vision was next , great show , again exactly the same as DCA

the pre show for the Backlot Tour was cool , though because of the glare i coul'nt see anything on the Tv screens

The Canyon was cool , the tour guide said that you "may get wet" and that it would be a "light misting" of water , but i got dominated with water , i was almost in the very back of the tram , on the left . Still good times though

AAAAAHHHHH!!! WATER!!!

after lunch at a nearby eatery , ( are you really suprised i cant remember the name of it? ha ha ) we waited for the next Lights Motor Action show , after we entered the line , they informed us of " TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES" and we sat baking in the sun for a good 40 min or so before they let us in to sit down

but it was so worth it , this show was awesome , and not in the california sense of the word , in the true sense of the word

becasue of the wait for the Lights Motor Action show , the park was almost closed so we ran over and rode the Rockin Rollercoaster , and TOT again that is me and my girlfriend in front , and my brother and his girlfriend in the back , we kinda have this thing we do for all the ride pictures , we call it BEING GRIMM , long story

obviously i'm still quite impressed with the size of this thing..

in the qeue they had an ANNOYING amount of misters going , as if its not humid enough in orlando.. ha ha ,

overall i really liked MGM there was alot to do , and the RockinRollercoaster is worth the price of a ticket alone ,

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Great TR so far... Keep em coming...

I love ToT and Aerosmith as well. Also, I saw your in avatar that you are a fan of the free sodas from around the world in epcot center. I love the drink from Japan... Its so good.

I hope that you were able to eat at Ohana's while you were visiting WDW... If not, I suggest you get back on the plane and go eat there... Right now... Seriously, I am not kidding...

Oh and that one pic of you and your gf in front of spaceship earth, you look a lil like Jonathan Davis from Korn

Comment

I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you. Love the shot of Indy!
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                      I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you. Love the shot of Indy!
                      oh it's not over yet.. but thank you , that shot of Indy was complete accident.. ha ha..

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Love reading the trip report, I can't wait to read the rest! :-D

Comment

and the whole time i was snacking on wierd candy from the Japan store
                          What kind did you get? I got a "sampler" pack of 5 different kinds of fruit gummies when I was at EPCOT last week. After I got over the initial "weirdness" of it... I liked it! I'm going to buy a big bag of the apple and orange ones next time. One question... WTF is a muscat (besides some kind of fruit obviously)? LOL!

Comment

Great job...looking forward to "the rest of the story"
                            "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              What kind did you get? I got a "sampler" pack of 5 different kinds of fruit gummies when I was at EPCOT last week. After I got over the initial "weirdness" of it... I liked it! I'm going to buy a big bag of the apple and orange ones next time. One question... WTF is a muscat (besides some kind of fruit obviously)? LOL!
                              i got som gummy strawberry kinda like starburst ones , i got a bag of... they were like Smarties but better , the bag just said Fruit-Lemonade in english the rest was japanese , ha , and some fizzy soda wierd flavor ... and of course the Botan rice candy.. love that sutff

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
                                keep in mind i have been going to Disneyland all my life , and this was my first ever trip to WDW...
                                (...)
                                we went over to Tommorowland , to ride SM , i really really liked this version , it was not as dark and smooth as the DL version , and i really missed the music. But man it was fast , the qeue was awesome , i loved how you could see the rockets flying by from the waiting area
                                WDW regulars/long-timers/grumps, eat your hearts out.

Comment

MAGIC KINGDOM DAY2 + HALOWEEN PARTY!!

The train station with the new winged wispy purple things

Either i did'nt notice these before, or they just put them out for the halloween party tonight , either way they looked cool and festive

my brother and i recreating "THE PICTURE". The story goes my brother and i went to disneyland in 1989 and took this same picture , then my brother and i recreated the same picture in 2006 , and then again this day in the Magic kingdom

These are the other 2 pictures i was refering to.. ha ha... good times

Tried again for Pirates first thing , this time no "technical difficulties"

grainy pirates shot..

Next again was big thunder , i just love the way this mountain looks ,

Our train commin round the corner , of course we had to get the back seats

Took a spin on the awesome splash mountain..

and hit up Pooh on our way over the awesome SPACE MOUNTAIN!

the very top looks a touch diffrent from the Anaheim version to me for some reason , more spires or something?

we were really all over the place today , we went back to Frontierland to eat and stopped at the hall of presidents first , kinda cool , kinda wierd , mostly i just dislike our current president so much that i did'nt really find it entertaning to watch an anamitronic version of him give a speech

One more ride before lunch? yeah sure , one more ride on the HauntedMansion , i noticed this time through that the singing busts out in the graveyeard , their projections were off center from the busts they were being projected on.. just made it look wierd

After lunch at the Harbor House? i think ? we went over to the jungle cruise , we had a girl skipper and i allways find them more entertaning for some reason... maybe because i'm a guy... ha ha

We walked out the hub and i took this rad picture of the castle with the scary haloween clouds behind it.. ha ha , and i know it looks cold in this picture but it was like 90 out

After a few fantasy land rides , PeterPan , Philharmagic and Snow White my brother and his girlfriend took of for the night because they did'nt have tickets to the halloween party , and they were shufling people out of the park around 6 or so

i think this is a stork , and i did'nt zoom in for this picture , i just put the camera up in his face... brave birds here in florida

Big thunder is Kelseys favorite so we HAD to take a nother spin

we walked out to the front to get our wristbands for the haloween party

They must have put out these decorations quickly , because it seemed like they just appeared

Token castle dusk shot,

You cant really see it to well in this picture , but they had fog and creepy lighting all over the park

The park was quite empty for the halloween party , we just kind of walked up and watched the Villians show in front of the castle , no crowd or anything

And some more villians

we kinda just stayed in the same place and wached the Boo To You parade..

The ballroom dancers from the Haunted Mansion

The Pirate float was cool , complete with jack sparrow

Jack

Goofy and his Goofy Candy Company float

The Halloween fireworks were awesome

Fireworks

We decided to take one last ride on the mulicolored space mountain ,

The Halloween party was great fun , and with no lines for any rides i'm supprised that more people dont do it

The train station looked , spooooooky and rad

Parting shot of the lit up pumpkin mickey floral..

NEXT UP...

BACK TO EPCOT!!! WHOO HOO!!!

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

I love that picture of the floral mickey at night. Thanks for the pcitures and trip report.

Comment

I Know this is kind of a big report but , hang in there , i only have 2 days left ...

EPCOT v2 GO!!

THE BALL! , after seeing pictures of this for the last 15 years or so , it's great to finaly see it in person

We liked the food so much at the land that we went back for another round

We headed right over to TheSeas to see if we could get a ride on Nemo

I thought this ride was freaking cool , i cant wait to see how they use this technology in the subs back home

Just like my avatar shows , we had to go try some of the ledgendary BEVERLY!! , yeah it was gross and sorry for the blurry picture..

We did the MissionSpace , TestTrack combo again before heading into the world showcase ,

The MissionSpace qeue we never got to stand in , because of the fastpasses

We got to do the Rio El ... something , mexico boat ride this time , it was kinda cool kinda wierd. I liked the video displays in the caves and stuff

After spending some time in Norway and riding Maelstrom again , we headed off to china to see the CircleVision movie

As you can see i was fascinated with the ceiling in the china temple

This time we actually got to see the American Adventure show , i really liked it because i'm a big fan of MarkTwain , mostly because he lived in this area Virgina City and Carson City

YES back to Japan and the MITSUKOSHI STORE!! to spend more money!

The not so hidden mickey of morroco

I thought it Iffel Tower would look cheezey , but it actually looked quite cool

After getting our extended magic hours braclet , we waited in the worlds longest line t get fish and chips... so good though

We staked out a spot in Canada to watch Illuminations again , such a great show..

so rad..

Thanks to our Extended magic hours , we were able to take another spin on Mission space and Test Track , on a side note one of my favorite things about mission space is all the buttons and switches in the cabins that do nothing , you can just click and swich and say geeky things like " i'm going to go ahead and switch on the enertinal dampners" "make sure the forward componets are a maximum" it was just so much geeky fun

and lastly me , in the wierd blue quiet room in the Test Track qeue ,

i freaking love epcot , a few more E-Ticket rides and this could be the best park at WDW , to be fair we did spend some time in Innoventions and it was just as boring as Disneyland , and we did'nt get to go see the Figment thing

NEXT UP...

the last day ANIMAL KINGDOM and FANTASMIC AT MGM!!

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Beverly rocks!!! I love:love: it!!!

..and that would be "Rio Del Tiempo" in the Mexico showcase.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                          Beverly rocks!!! I love:love: it!!!

..and that would be "Rio Del Tiempo" in the Mexico showcase.

You mean It's A Small World EL Mexico right? LOL

and Beverely is gross, how can you like that!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X