• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrimmGreen
    replied
    Re: GrimmGreen First ever WDW Trip report

Originally posted by RenMan View Post
    Very enjoyable trip report. you sound like you would be fun to travel with: I like the "intertial dampener" nerdiness on Test Track, and I LOVE the way y'all recreated "the photo!" It's funny, cuz in your original 80's photo you strike that pose even though there isn't a Mickey there doing the same thing like in the 2006 DL photo!
    yeah i know , the photo just kinda came out that way ha ha ha , and yes you MUST engage the intertial dampener , i mean that is just common sense

ha ha , thanks all for the nice words , maybe next time i get out to florida i can make it to a micechat meeting... WHOOHOO!!

Leave a comment:

• RenMan
    replied

Very enjoyable trip report. you sound like you would be fun to travel with: I like the "intertial dampener" nerdiness on Test Track, and I LOVE the way y'all recreated "the photo!" It's funny, cuz in your original 80's photo you strike that pose even though there isn't a Mickey there doing the same thing like in the 2006 DL photo!

Leave a comment:

• Hamlet Schmalzbach
    replied

Thanks for the report. I really enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• Parisi
    replied

that was a great TR... loved every update. Makes me want to go back again.

If you ever decide to come back, you should try to go down during the Christmas months... I hear the parks are done up so nice...

Leave a comment:

• TarzanRocked99-
    replied

So happy you enjoyed WDW, Hope you get a chance to come back again.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Glad you had a great time at WDW and thanks for posting your photos and thoughts...

Leave a comment:

• thmar
    replied

Great job! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

I'll go ahead and finish this up , last day , Animal Kingdom and Fantasmic over at MGM!! GO!!

Animal kingdom , kinda cool and nature like shot throughthe tall grass

After Coffee and pastries and getting our fastpasses for EVEREST ( aka the best ride in all of WDW ) we went over to see the Flights Of Wonder show

I thought this show was freakin cool , my Parents saw it the day before and said the birds were acting wierd and not performing , so i guess we saw it on a good day

We walked back to the Pangani Trail to see the gorilas , and gorilas we saw

Man digital zoom on my camera sucks , but that is a gorila

My GF Kelsey showing how far we have come , love that girl , and Kelsey is alright to i suppose

The Tree Lady again... rad

Token couple shot infront of Everest

Can you feel the GRIMM!!!?

EE Credit

Bats! , i thought it was cool there was nothing seperating you from the bats , also they looked like beef jerky

A sleeping tiger , these guys are huge

Last ride of the day on Dinosaur ,

and our time rover broke down , and all the lights came on right in front of this guy ,

and i just like this picture

Apart from being the loudest place on the planet to eat , the Rainforest cafe has rad food , for some reason this one in the AK seemed much louder than the one in Anaheim , but i dont know

Over to MGM for FANTASMIC!

YES this show rules

I just thought this was a cool little homage to Disneyland ,

i really thought this version of Fantasmic was awesome , and verry diffrent from the Anaheim version ,

They had the whole pocahontas story in it , and i thought it was cool

YES THE CHERABOG!!

rad , just rad

Well , it's not the Mark Twain , but it was cool none the less

The final bus back to Port Orleans ,

::GRIMM GREEN'S FINAL THOUGHT::

WDW is amazing , and magical , you all are so lucky to have a place like this nearby , there is so much to do and see it boggles my mind , no amount of reserch can prepare you for just how large this place is , and i had many many awesome suprises along the way , thanks for having us WDW hopefully we will see you again someday...

thanks for reading

Leave a comment:

• ieffectfor_disney
    replied

I love this trip report! Looks like you had a great time !

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Beverly rocks!!! I love:love: it!!!

..and that would be "Rio Del Tiempo" in the Mexico showcase.

You mean It's A Small World EL Mexico right? LOL

and Beverely is gross, how can you like that!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Beverly rocks!!! I love:love: it!!!

..and that would be "Rio Del Tiempo" in the Mexico showcase.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

I Know this is kind of a big report but , hang in there , i only have 2 days left ...

EPCOT v2 GO!!

THE BALL! , after seeing pictures of this for the last 15 years or so , it's great to finaly see it in person

We liked the food so much at the land that we went back for another round

We headed right over to TheSeas to see if we could get a ride on Nemo

I thought this ride was freaking cool , i cant wait to see how they use this technology in the subs back home

Just like my avatar shows , we had to go try some of the ledgendary BEVERLY!! , yeah it was gross and sorry for the blurry picture..

We did the MissionSpace , TestTrack combo again before heading into the world showcase ,

The MissionSpace qeue we never got to stand in , because of the fastpasses

We got to do the Rio El ... something , mexico boat ride this time , it was kinda cool kinda wierd. I liked the video displays in the caves and stuff

After spending some time in Norway and riding Maelstrom again , we headed off to china to see the CircleVision movie

As you can see i was fascinated with the ceiling in the china temple

This time we actually got to see the American Adventure show , i really liked it because i'm a big fan of MarkTwain , mostly because he lived in this area Virgina City and Carson City

YES back to Japan and the MITSUKOSHI STORE!! to spend more money!

The not so hidden mickey of morroco

I thought it Iffel Tower would look cheezey , but it actually looked quite cool

After getting our extended magic hours braclet , we waited in the worlds longest line t get fish and chips... so good though

We staked out a spot in Canada to watch Illuminations again , such a great show..

so rad..

Thanks to our Extended magic hours , we were able to take another spin on Mission space and Test Track , on a side note one of my favorite things about mission space is all the buttons and switches in the cabins that do nothing , you can just click and swich and say geeky things like " i'm going to go ahead and switch on the enertinal dampners" "make sure the forward componets are a maximum" it was just so much geeky fun

and lastly me , in the wierd blue quiet room in the Test Track qeue ,

i freaking love epcot , a few more E-Ticket rides and this could be the best park at WDW , to be fair we did spend some time in Innoventions and it was just as boring as Disneyland , and we did'nt get to go see the Figment thing

NEXT UP...

the last day ANIMAL KINGDOM and FANTASMIC AT MGM!!

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

I love that picture of the floral mickey at night. Thanks for the pcitures and trip report.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

MAGIC KINGDOM DAY2 + HALOWEEN PARTY!!

The train station with the new winged wispy purple things

Either i did'nt notice these before, or they just put them out for the halloween party tonight , either way they looked cool and festive

my brother and i recreating "THE PICTURE". The story goes my brother and i went to disneyland in 1989 and took this same picture , then my brother and i recreated the same picture in 2006 , and then again this day in the Magic kingdom

These are the other 2 pictures i was refering to.. ha ha... good times

Tried again for Pirates first thing , this time no "technical difficulties"

grainy pirates shot..

Next again was big thunder , i just love the way this mountain looks ,

Our train commin round the corner , of course we had to get the back seats

Took a spin on the awesome splash mountain..

and hit up Pooh on our way over the awesome SPACE MOUNTAIN!

the very top looks a touch diffrent from the Anaheim version to me for some reason , more spires or something?

we were really all over the place today , we went back to Frontierland to eat and stopped at the hall of presidents first , kinda cool , kinda wierd , mostly i just dislike our current president so much that i did'nt really find it entertaning to watch an anamitronic version of him give a speech

One more ride before lunch? yeah sure , one more ride on the HauntedMansion , i noticed this time through that the singing busts out in the graveyeard , their projections were off center from the busts they were being projected on.. just made it look wierd

After lunch at the Harbor House? i think ? we went over to the jungle cruise , we had a girl skipper and i allways find them more entertaning for some reason... maybe because i'm a guy... ha ha

We walked out the hub and i took this rad picture of the castle with the scary haloween clouds behind it.. ha ha , and i know it looks cold in this picture but it was like 90 out

After a few fantasy land rides , PeterPan , Philharmagic and Snow White my brother and his girlfriend took of for the night because they did'nt have tickets to the halloween party , and they were shufling people out of the park around 6 or so

i think this is a stork , and i did'nt zoom in for this picture , i just put the camera up in his face... brave birds here in florida

Big thunder is Kelseys favorite so we HAD to take a nother spin

we walked out to the front to get our wristbands for the haloween party

They must have put out these decorations quickly , because it seemed like they just appeared

Token castle dusk shot,

You cant really see it to well in this picture , but they had fog and creepy lighting all over the park

The park was quite empty for the halloween party , we just kind of walked up and watched the Villians show in front of the castle , no crowd or anything

And some more villians

we kinda just stayed in the same place and wached the Boo To You parade..

The ballroom dancers from the Haunted Mansion

The Pirate float was cool , complete with jack sparrow

Jack

Goofy and his Goofy Candy Company float

The Halloween fireworks were awesome

Fireworks

We decided to take one last ride on the mulicolored space mountain ,

The Halloween party was great fun , and with no lines for any rides i'm supprised that more people dont do it

The train station looked , spooooooky and rad

Parting shot of the lit up pumpkin mickey floral..

NEXT UP...

BACK TO EPCOT!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    keep in mind i have been going to Disneyland all my life , and this was my first ever trip to WDW...
    (...)
    we went over to Tommorowland , to ride SM , i really really liked this version , it was not as dark and smooth as the DL version , and i really missed the music. But man it was fast , the qeue was awesome , i loved how you could see the rockets flying by from the waiting area
    WDW regulars/long-timers/grumps, eat your hearts out.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    What kind did you get? I got a "sampler" pack of 5 different kinds of fruit gummies when I was at EPCOT last week. After I got over the initial "weirdness" of it... I liked it! I'm going to buy a big bag of the apple and orange ones next time. One question... WTF is a muscat (besides some kind of fruit obviously)? LOL!
    i got som gummy strawberry kinda like starburst ones , i got a bag of... they were like Smarties but better , the bag just said Fruit-Lemonade in english the rest was japanese , ha , and some fizzy soda wierd flavor ... and of course the Botan rice candy.. love that sutff

Leave a comment:

• thmar
    replied

Great job...looking forward to "the rest of the story"

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

and the whole time i was snacking on wierd candy from the Japan store
    What kind did you get? I got a "sampler" pack of 5 different kinds of fruit gummies when I was at EPCOT last week. After I got over the initial "weirdness" of it... I liked it! I'm going to buy a big bag of the apple and orange ones next time. One question... WTF is a muscat (besides some kind of fruit obviously)? LOL!

Leave a comment:

• ieffectfor_disney
    replied

Love reading the trip report, I can't wait to read the rest! :-D

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you. Love the shot of Indy!
    oh it's not over yet.. but thank you , that shot of Indy was complete accident.. ha ha..

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X