Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    You know the Little Mermaid Dark Ride that is a feature in the dvd? Tony Baxter says the ride may get built if WDI gets enough letters from fans.

    Here is the WDI address:

    1401 Flower St.
    Glendale, California, 91221 USA

    So remember if you want to see the Little Mermaid ride built just write Imagineering a letter expressing how you feel. I know I will.

  • #2
    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    wdi really must want to build this outdated ride alot. otherwise they wouldn't have put it on the dvd. from what i have seen, it's a nice little dark ride along the lines of peter pan. perfect for fantasy land but nothing to write home about.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

      i think they planned it that way. its a good idea to see what kind of response a ride would get based on such an old movie. if you ask me this method of market research is genius. my friends daughter, after seeing the ride on the DVD, cried the next she went to d-land and she realized there was no little mermaid ride. it looks like a fantastic ride that would really enhance WDW lame fantasyland. im all for it. im writting them right away.
      "There's no off position on the genius switch"

      Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

        Originally posted by WRDup View Post
        i think they planned it that way. its a good idea to see what kind of response a ride would get based on such an old movie. if you ask me this method of market research is genius. my friends daughter, after seeing the ride on the DVD, cried the next she went to d-land and she realized there was no little mermaid ride. it looks like a fantastic ride that would really enhance WDW lame fantasyland. im all for it. im writting them right away.
        We appricate your support WRDup. Might be good to give WDW management your comments as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

          Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
          You know the Little Mermaid Dark Ride that is a feature in the dvd? Tony Baxter says the ride may get built if WDI gets enough letters from fans.

          Here is the WDI address:

          1401 Flower St.
          Glendale, California, 91221 USA

          So remember if you want to see the Little Mermaid ride built just write Imagineering a letter expressing how you feel. I know I will.
          What dvd are we talking about here? I never even knew there was talk of a Little Mermaid ride. It is an older movie but it appears to have held it's own and is still popular whenever a new generation of little girls discovers it. My daughter first saw it 4 years ago and was addicted to it for about a year at that time.
          Originally posted by larasound
          am I the burrito man?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

            Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
            What dvd are we talking about here? I never even knew there was talk of a Little Mermaid ride. It is an older movie but it appears to have held it's own and is still popular whenever a new generation of little girls discovers it. My daughter first saw it 4 years ago and was addicted to it for about a year at that time.
            The Little Mermaid DVD that just came out has a section on the second disc about the little mermaid ride that wasn't built because Eisner shut it down. The section includes a CGI ride-through and various background information on the project.

            In a video on Tony Baxter says if WDI gets enough letters they may build the ride.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

              Fantasyland needs another dark ride. i'll send them a letter.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                The Little Mermaid DVD that just came out has a section on the second disc about the little mermaid ride that wasn't built because Eisner shut it down. The section includes a CGI ride-through and various background information on the project.

                In a video on Tony Baxter says if WDI gets enough letters they may build the ride.
                Ohhhh...I haven't had a chance to watch my dvd yet. Interesting...I'll send a letter too!
                Originally posted by larasound
                am I the burrito man?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                  Question: Which ride will be killed off to build this ride?
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                    Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                    Question: Which ride will be killed off to build this ride?
                    Hmmmm...good point! The ride with the shortest wait in Fantasyland is Snow white so that would be my first guess on it being chosen. Could they make room for it somewhere near the Grotto?
                    Originally posted by larasound
                    am I the burrito man?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                      ^^There's plenty of room over by the grotto where 20k used to be so they shouldn't have to kill off anything.
                      "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
                      --John Lasseter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                        They could eliminate either Pooh's Shameful Spot or Ariel's Ghetto IMHO.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                          In florida it could either replace a chunk of Mickey's Toontown fair or could replace pooh's playful spot. No major attraction would have to be replaced so please write to Imagineering!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                            ... if hell freezes over ... or 'W' catches Osama ... or Disney stops selling pins.

                            Seriously, this just isn't happening. It was placed on the DVD as an extra.
                            This attractions has been slated to go into virtually every park at one time or another, including HKDL in planning and even DCA a few years back.

                            Won't happen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                              Don't kill me if wrong but wasn't the Mermaid ride planned for Disneyland Paris. I didn't see the DVD special but from what I heard and read it was supposed to premiere somewhere in the mid 90's together with the Beauty and the Beast darkride in Fantasyland (Paris).
                              Then offcourse came financial trouble and the money was spend on attractions with a better capacity.
                              We (here in Europe) are still hoping to get it someday....
                              Last edited by milo_vhw; 10-25-2006, 06:13 AM.
                              - Milo

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                                Originally posted by milo_vhw View Post
                                Don't kill me if wrong but wasn't the Mermaid ride planned for Disneyland Paris. I didn't see the DVD special but from what I heard and read it was supposed to premiere somewhere in the mid 90's together with the Beauty and the Beast darkride in Fantasyland (Paris).
                                Then offcourse came financial trouble and the money was spend on attractions with a better capacity.
                                We (here in Europe) are still hoping to get it someday....
                                It was designed for both Disneyland and Disneyland paris but obviously it would have been cloned in all of the parks. There is room for it in Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Paris, Tokyo, DCA, and MGM Studios. Just write so that they can finally build it!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                                  This doesn't excite me at all. Perhaps it does for the little ones, but I only see this as a replacement for Pooh or something like that. Fantasyland does really well with the amount of Dark Rides it already has. Souping this idea up with some better technology and adding it to MGM might not be a bad idea...or shoe horn it into the Living Seas
                                  "You are not the first to pass this way..."
                                  Mouse Extra
                                  feeding the Disney addiction daily
                                  http://www.mouseextra.com/

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                                    ORDDU: Fairytales--such as The Little Mermaid--are timeless stories that can NEVER be outdated to the young at heart. So my sisters and I say it should, indeed, be added to the Fantasyland line-up as long as it doesn't replace some other classic attraction that is already there.

                                    ORWEN: After all, Peter Pan is even older than The Little Mermaid and still seems to be very popular. It's never too late to add the magic of ANY Disney classic as an attraction to Disney World or Disneyland.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                                      I would love to see it at MGM or maybe next to the Nemo musical at DAK.
                                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

                                        If they build it, they better use AA's...none of that cardboard cutout stuff.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X