This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion to possibly go down for rehab

Hey All... I got this little tidbit from screamscape.com, and they are usually reliable, but at this point, its still a rumor... A Rumor I actually hope comes true.

[/FONT]

Re: Haunted Mansion to possibly go down for rehab

I agree. From everything I have heard lately, it needs a refurb badly.

Comment

Well it's about time. I really hope this is true because the Haunted Mansion needs some major help.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
          I'll believe it when I see it.
          Ditto.... but I can only hope for this to be true, since the facts are... the MK's Haunted Mansion needs to be condemned in it's current state of neglect.

Comment

WHat kind if upgrades have they done in DL that makes it different than in WDW?

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpy215 View Post
              WHat kind if upgrades have they done in DL that makes it different than in WDW?
              I cant give you exact changes, but I do know that they upgraded the effects. I know that Madame Leota's floating head actually looks like a floating head, and not some prop from a 70's movie, and they did something with the bride in the attic... I think they actually expanded on her story.

There might be other changes, but I am not sure.

Comment

Better special effects, new storyline, digital sound and some other stuff. I have not ridden the DL version but I understand it's really good.

Comment

New storyline, my rear. It's a twist on the storyline in that one dull attic room, in that you have a black widow bride who looks awesome instead of just a regular bride with pop-up heads everywhere. And once you get out of that room it goes back to 60s Sounds.

Only Disnuts who like to pretend that there's some sort of canon story arc to the whole Mansion beyond "a sequence of spooky rooms" would think there's a new story. Don't let the vivid imaginations of the Anaheim hard-cores confuse you.

Comment

interesting.. other people have reported a mid 07 closure reopening in time for October...

Comment

Like everyone else, I'd really love for WDW to get HM back up to par.. I really hope this isn't just a rumor!

Comment

I'd like to see the special effects get a little better, like the bride. The little half smile and light up face seems goofy not scary. But I don't want the idea or story if you will to change too much. Like the pirates rehab, whether you like it or not, the story of ride has changed. It went from a bunch of pirates just pillaging a town, to a bunch of pirates looking for Jack Sparrow.
                        Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                          New storyline, my rear. It's a twist on the storyline in that one dull attic room, in that you have a black widow bride who looks awesome instead of just a regular bride with pop-up heads everywhere. And once you get out of that room it goes back to 60s Sounds.

Only Disnuts who like to pretend that there's some sort of canon story arc to the whole Mansion beyond "a sequence of spooky rooms" would think there's a new story. Don't let the vivid imaginations of the Anaheim hard-cores confuse you.
                          You do have a point. There really is no obvious storyline. A few new props or whatever doesn't change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie Pueblo View Post
                            I'd like to see the special effects get a little better, like the bride. The little half smile and light up face seems goofy not scary. But I don't want the idea or story if you will to change too much. Like the pirates rehab, whether you like it or not, the story of ride has changed. It went from a bunch of pirates just pillaging a town, to a bunch of pirates looking for Jack Sparrow.
                            I agree. I just want a smoother ride with better sound.
                            "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                            - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post

No need to get cranky.. I have not experienced the ride myself and would have probably found out I was wrong since I based my comments on what I read on the many boards I participate. Yet, one thing is fact: DL's HM is a much better experience over the MK's.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X