This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 5th park idea - Say what you want, but read first

So the 5th park thread got me thinking and my idea for a new park down at WDW is a park based off Ancient Worlds/Civilizations.
    I thought of it because while i was searching the TDS site i thought "what does Diseny have to do with the Ocean?"
    The answer?
    nothing, that is why it works so well as a park. It is completely original but with a distinct Disney touch.
    I then realized that almost all of the parks started this way (with the possible exception of the sudios parks), they had hardly anything to do with Disney and Disney only.
    Epcot, Animal Kingdom,Magic Kingdom, DisneySea... none of these themes had anythign to do with Disney specifically until the parks were built. So then i was thinking of what other kinds of parks would fit this mold. Then Ancient worlds hit me. The idea has so much potential, it is original and with the right Disney touch it could be wonderful.

The lands for the park would be as follows:

Atlantis -
    This was my first idea for a land because even though it is fictional (or so they tell us) it fits the overall theme of Ancient. Now this would have nothing to do with the movie the Disney made, it would be completely original. It could house the submarine ride that has been missing from WDW since the last one was removed, it could have some dark rides, the first one that came to my mind was he LIttle Mermaid one that is as of yet unbuilt and MAYBE an Atlantis movie themed rides )but it would only be like a b or c ticket), it could also be home to some other rides that i havent thought of yet, but it would be underwater themed. My idea is that this would be the "Fantasyland" of this park, the place where everything is completly made up and guests would be transported to a unknown place to explore. Maybe a BTMRR type roller coater?

Ancient rome -
    This entire land would be surrounded by giant Coliseum type buillding. It would have an attraction similiar to the Jedi Academy but centurion training instead. It could also house a roller coaster or some type of fun ride like that. I really don't know what else to do with this land but i know it has potential that i have not unlocked yet.
    Ancient Greece - The center of this Land would have a mt. Olympus with a temple on the top. This land would have a Hercules attraction, possibly a dark ride, but i do not want the overall theme of the land to be themed around Hercules. I am sure he would be the character greeting haracter in this land, but not the theme. This is another potetial for a roller coaser zooming in and out of Mt. Olympus. Also there would have to be a ride depicting all of the gods of greek mythology and of course more but i am still working on details for the park. I know it would have some sort of trojan horse, icon or preferably ride, but i am not sure what kind. Maybe a kiddie Coaster similiar to the unicorn one at IOA, but around the horse and stuff. But probably not the big roller coaster because of this samll one, maybe.

Ancient Egypt -
    The main icon of this land would be... you guess it a giant pyramid! Yay
    MY idea for this land is sort of a miniland like the Mermaid lagoon at TDS, but instead of being in the parks central icon, the whole land is inside the pyramid, with the exception of a few shops and just some transition themeing from the other lands. Since it is a miniland, just two or three rides. A maze type attraction like at DLP's alice in wonderland one, but bigger, one ize that will be trickier than the other and an easier ones for kids to go alone in. The other ride would be like a movie adventure featuring some gods, maybe like the story of Osiris but with Disney added action styled similiarly to the IOA attraction whose name escapes me. And the big attraction would be an Egyptian Roller Coaster or thrilll ride that would even go into the two smaller pyramids that i decided would flank the large one.

Ancient Mexico -
    This would be split into the civilizations from Mexico. I can't remember which one is which, but there would be an adventurous splashdown type ride located here within and around the big ziggurat/mexican pyramid thant dominates the land. This is my least thought out land at the moment because i need to do some more research

I will add any ideas to this thread but what do you think so far? I still have no idea what the icon of the park itself is, just the lands. I am also toying with the idea of an entry land without any attractions, just like a shop and then a long futuristic type tunnel to signify time travel to these civilizations. I would not want this to be another MGM or DAK that doesnt have enough attractions at opening, i think this park could only work if built as if it were complete like TDS. I know some of you will say that TDS is the best and cant be duplicated but i also think this park would only work if it was given as much detail as possible at the start like TDS.

so... comments? ... Ideas? tell me what you think?

Re: My 5th park idea - Say what you want, but read first

I think that a thread about this has already been created and opened up for everyones suggestions. http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42076
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Isn't this the 3rd thread on this subject currently? I know the one DM is talking about but I think there is another one too.

Yep I just looked there is another thread about this at:
      http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43078

I'm not trying to bust anyones bubble or be mean. Just wish everyone would read through to see if a thread is already out there. There seem to be a ton of copycat threads on the boards lately.
      Last edited by Jessicalover; 11-01-2006, 02:13 AM.
      Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I posted a very similar park in the HKDL forum. Disney's Land of Legends Park based off of mythology from different sections of the world. Not calling you a copy cat or anything, just fun to see people with the same ideas.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35795
        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Its a popular subject so the more threads the merrier, besides this one is against a distinction ? on his park. And I like it. I would throw in an Ancient China and/or Japan as well.
          www.jamboeveryone.com
          Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I thought that and Asian land would be cool too, but i didnt want people to say that it was an unrealistic idea because Disney would not start with a park so big

Also, just to reiterate, I only have these ideas for attractions now, but there would be a lto more

Comment

I think your idea is quite creative, and upon some quick reflection, it has a LOT of potential. Almost like an opposite of Epcot...
              - Paul

Comment

Originally posted by CowofDisney View Post
                I thought that and Asian land would be cool too, but i didnt want people to say that it was an unrealistic idea because Disney would not start with a park so big

Also, just to reiterate, I only have these ideas for attractions now, but there would be a lto more
                Unfortunately, a fifth park itself is unrealistic at this point.
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

How true yes how true...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X