This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Time in WDW

Well the Holidays have started here and Disney is at its best with special events. Be sure to check it all out. Here are some photos from some of thier special events.

Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade

Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights

It is all excellent! I've shot over 200 photos in the last 4 days.

Re: Christmas Time in WDW

Thanks for posting those pics! I was hesitant to look for fear of spoiling my surprise for when we are there over New Years....I am glad I looked. Now I can hardly wait!:yea:
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

Great photos, thanks for sharing! Is it just me or does it seem a little earlier this year? I thought they didn't start most of this until Thanksgiving weekend.
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

Comment

Disney's gotta keep up with the malls since they put up their decorations Halloween night.

Comment

Nice photos but it all seems old and tired. It's the xmas stuff from years past. Why can'T WDW do new and different Xmas entertainment from one year to the next? Make it nice and new all over again... instead of rolling out the same old garlands and shows!!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Nice photos but it all seems old and tired. It's the xmas stuff from years past. Why can'T WDW do new and different Xmas entertainment from one year to the next? Make it nice and new all over again... instead of rolling out the same old garlands and shows!!
            While this might be true as many families return each holiday season, last year was my FIRST holiday season at the parks. I enjoyed it but I don't know when I will be back... same goes for Disneyland - I enjoyed what little I saw a few years ago, but I don't tend to go during that time of the year so little money being spent there doesn't bother me. I don't think it's what you want to hear TDLFAN, but there's my 2 cents. :cwink:

Oh.. and THANK YOU T for finally posting some photos!! :clap: wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
              I don't think it's what you want to hear TDLFAN, but there's my 2 cents. :cwink:
              What I want to hear is not of importance here... it's what management wants to hear from you. ...and as long as newcomers are happy... we all will be stuck with the same 1971 garlands over Main Street USA.

Comment

Just an FYI, Studios got new decorations at the entrance this year. So there are some new things. And the lights dance this year. Which is really pretty cool. So, it's not all the same ol' thing, as much as you'd like to think so! Usually I agree, but you know me, I have an eye for every single detail, and I notice new things, probably things that you overlook, hence why you fail to see some of the changes. But they're there. Trust me.

And tloolgb, awesome photos!

Comment

main street is like the old downtown area where I grew up. for years they had the same decorations until a new mayor came in and replaced them. and that caused a huge uproar because people didn't want the new ones they liked the old ones. it's a comfort thing for some. I am not sure how you would decorate mainstreet differently unless you changed what is inside the circles on the garland. the decorations have gotten better at the resorts throughout the years. I remember a purple tinsel tree at the contemporary. I will say this as long as AL weis is in charge in any way there won't be any changes to the decorations and I don't think he is going away any time soon. unfortunately

Comment

Thanks for sharing I'll be there hopefully one of these for Xmas
                    Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                      main street is like the old downtown area where I grew up. for years they had the same decorations until a new mayor came in and replaced them. and that caused a huge uproar because people didn't want the new ones they liked the old ones. it's a comfort thing for some. I am not sure how you would decorate mainstreet differently unless you changed what is inside the circles on the garland. the decorations have gotten better at the resorts throughout the years. I remember a purple tinsel tree at the contemporary. I will say this as long as AL weis is in charge in any way there won't be any changes to the decorations and I don't think he is going away any time soon. unfortunately
                      It's very obvious to me that Al Weiss is truly not in charge. So you can't use him as an excuse anymore. Ha!

Comment

I love all of the edible display decorations at the deluxe resorts. The carousel at the Beach Club, the display outside of Boma, the huge gingerbread house at the Floridian. They are amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Cactus View Post
                          I love all of the edible display decorations at the deluxe resorts. The carousel at the Beach Club, the display outside of Boma, the huge gingerbread house at the Floridian. They are amazing!
                          Edible displays? So, like, I can go up to one and take a bite if I get the munchies? Wow, sorta like a fringe benefit of the holiday decos!

Although, if they are the same old decorations that TDLFan mentions, I'm sure that they're pretty stale by now. :unsure:

Comment

Cool photos
                            Have to say though that I haven't been impressed by most of the decorations... In the MK there isn't much past Main Street, and yes many of the decorations seem a tad dated
                            I also went to the Parade Preview... it was a cool parade, but that's about all I can say about it
                            Can't wait to see everything at the resorts though
                            Going to see Osbourne tonight
                            WDW College Program Alumni
                            May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
                            May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
                            Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                              Oh.. and THANK YOU T for finally posting some photos!! :clap: wonderful!
                              You are welcome. I made sure to bring my camera and get all the photos of these I could.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X