Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the deal w/ Cinderella Castle?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the deal w/ Cinderella Castle?

Earlier this month we saw pictures of Cinderellla Castle with parts of it pink. Now aside from the fact that the castle in the movie is a blueish gray and I think having a pink castle is ghastly, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The gray castle was fine. Tokyo's is fine. NOT pink. Does anyone have updates/pics of the castle in the past week or so? Is the pink a primer, are they giving it the Tokyo treatment, or is WDI making another bad decision by making it pink?

Re: So what's the deal w/ Cinderella Castle?

Yup... it's pinkish and it looks like it will stay that way
    Don't know if they are done, they still have the crain over it on a daily basis, but it doesn't appear like it will be blue anytime soon
    Was a rumor that I had heard awhile ago, but didn't believe it because of the fact that all our advertising materials for the "Year of a Million Dreams" feature a grey and blue castle
    Looks like it is going Tokyo though
    WDW College Program Alumni
    May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
    May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
    Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

I'm glad someone else saw the same thing as me... thought I was going crazy the first time I saw it... I pretty much jumped the first time I saw it!
      Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Not so much Pink as it is tan...but ok. It's nice. Its subtle, and it still looks like our castle.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
          Not so much Pink as it is tan...but ok. It's nice. Its subtle, and it still looks like our castle.
          you have a camera, take photos

turning a different color might not be to bad.. they just might be getting ready to 50th it a few years early

or have another cake in a few years

Comment

The new colors are better for the castle. And bluntman, have you even SEEN Tokyo's new Castle?

Comment

Originally posted by captsmith84 View Post
              The new colors are better for the castle. And bluntman, have you even SEEN Tokyo's new Castle?
              The TDL catsle new colors are much nicer than the current scheme being applied at WDW. Even my G-Fan (who is a much harder critic of Disney than me) agrees... TDL got it right.

Comment

What is the current scheme? So far it's just been a color applied on a few panels unless something has changed and nobody's been posting pictures!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing as MickeyMania, the most recent updates are going on several weeks old already and it looked nowhere near completion. Can one of our wonderful Florida MCers unlighten those of us who are so far away with an update, please?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                    It will faid in the sun, FAST. Same thing happened with Disneyland's. Everyone screamed.. ITS TOO PINK! It's Barbie pink! But it's already started to faid. (Check out Darkbeer's photos: 11/14/06 or here. I still need to find one from when DL's was first "finished.") I think they're just planning ahead by going a little bit brighter than expected. (Less crane time by the castle that way...)

Don't like it? Come back in a few years and the color should be to your liking. :cwink:

Image thanks to jimmybop. (Would be wonderful.. without that BLUE thing, don't you think?)
                    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 11-15-2006, 01:48 PM. Reason: add pictures to help.

Comment

so here is the best photo i could find that I took the other day since it has been painted.... it was really overcast that day so the colors are not that great, but you can still get the idea...

But BPF has a good point about it fading.

enjoy!

Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Thanks for the update, but still looks like a lot is incomplete. I'll still reserve judgement till they are done.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

needs more cowbell color.... whens the stones getting repaited... or are they just going to strip the paint down to the pepto pink underneath?

Comment

i thought they pressurewashed the stones before they repainted them gray.

Comment

ORGOCH: If'n ya asks me, what they oughtta do is make it look more like the Horny King's Castle--here in the Land a Prydain. Now there's a castle that don't need much fixin' up--'cause it's already fallin' apart ta the point where there ain't no use even tryin' ta make no repairs. It's got a nice mud-brown color that attracts frogs an'--after all--ain't that the main point in Life? Havin' all the frog legs ya can eat?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X