This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg Wdw... Stop It!!!

Stop trying to claim Disneyland's attractions as your own in commercials!!!:rant:

Re: Omg Wdw... Stop It!!!

I've seen that in Disneyland commercials as well. It's the lame marketing due to Disney Parks not so much WDW wanting to claim DL attractions.

Comment

Are you talking about the one with the snowman? It covers all the parks here and overseas without them having to spend more money for separate regional commercials, I guess. Very cheap of them.
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

Comment

It's part of the whole "Disney Parks" promotinal campaign to go along with the Year of a Million Dreams, it's very misleading and tries to show as if all the parks are the same. Some of my cast member friends have said that people have been looking for Haunted Mansion Holiday after seeing the commercial, but of course it does not exist at WDW. Long story short... not a very good campaign for the parks, spend a few extra dollars and make seperate ads.

Comment

I've seen the snowman commercial (that has both coast's attractions in it) with both the generic "Disney Parks" ending and a "Disneyland" ending.

I guess depending if it's a Network commercial or just a local feed determines which you see.

I suspect there's a Walt Disney World ending I haven't' seen as I'm on the West Coast.

But it is stupid all around...the cross attractions, I mean...even if the commercial is kinda cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post

I suspect there's a Walt Disney World ending I haven't' seen as I'm on the West Coast.

But it is stupid all around...the cross attractions, I mean...even if the commercial is kinda cute.
            I think the commercial is adorable but should have been done differently per region. I love the concept, not the execution. I'm on the East Coast in FL and have not seen one with a specific WDW ending.
            Originally posted by larasound
            am I the burrito man?

Comment

Just remember, every time you get angry with WDW, you're being a hypocrite. If you don't believe me, take a look at Space Mountain @ Disneyland.com, now, doesn't that coaster bear a striking resemblance to a certain attraction at WDW? Hmmm.

Companies do this, it's cheaper for them. Just remember, whatever money Disney can possibly save from Marketing goes back into maintenance and staff wages (someday, I hope), if they want to fudge locations a bit, why not?
              In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

isn't it all the same company? Yeah the commercials may be misleading and the whole Disney Parks thing is lame, but seriously, why the rivalry?

Click the banner! ^^^^
                Follow us on Twitter
                @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by WDW
                  NEVER! They're ours! All ours! Muahahahah we totally tricked you into coming here based on the brief clip of a ride at Disneyland you thought was here and now you're trapped! moneymoneymoneymoneymoney
                  Dude i know he just sort of attacked you by starting this thread but ease it up, the sarcasm is not appreciated.

Comment

Isn't Disney always doing this? Here in Europe most DLRP TV commercials feature parts of other Disney Parks. For instance, I never saw the Parisian Mainstreet in a TV add. Last year they even used a quick video overview of the Magic Kingdom WDW, and digitally painted the castle pink so that it looked like the one here!!
                    I checked some old official DLRP brochures and even there are some photo's not taken in Paris. Like an image of the Dumbo ride, clearly not from our Fantasyland.
                    Though I never caught them using images of attractions that DLRP does not even have, so I don't mind really.
                    - Milo

Comment

The one I keep seeing here in Florida shows DL's Haunted Mansion, DL's Splash Mountain, Indy.... then says "Walt Disney World" at the end. It drives me batty! Show some of your own unique attractions for crying out loud!

And if that makes me a hypocrite... so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                        Are you talking about the one with the snowman? It covers all the parks here and overseas without them having to spend more money for separate regional commercials, I guess. Very cheap of them.
                        Well, I've seen "they don't spend enough on new rides." I've seen "they don't spend enough on paint." I've seen "they don't spend enough on ride maintinence." I've seen "they don't spend enough to pay the CMs." I've seen "they don't spend enough to keep the parks as clean as they used to do." I've seen "they don't spend enough building new parks."

But "they don't spend enough on advertising?!?!?!?"

Wow, that's just...wow. You're actually complaining that they don't spend more money on something that has absolutely no impact on how enjoyable a day at the park is? Wow...that's....too much for a Sunday morning.

A bientot.
                        Remember
                        What the dormouse said
                        Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                          Is The Snowman one online somewhere? If Yes, Can I have the Link?

Celebrate Churros
                          Only at Disney Parks..

Comment

Are any of you Disney fans who know the difference going to cancel trips to the parks because of this?

Are any of the Disney fans who don't know the difference going to cancel trips over this?

My guess is knowledgeable Disney fans will still spend whatever money they're going to spend on Disney and instead, complain about it on Disney forums.

And the people who don't know the difference might be disappointed when a few of the things they've seen aren't at that park at that time, but it's unlikely they'll become Disney haters because of it.

I just don't see this as being a huge issue.

Comment

^ YES!!!

Okay ... no.

They have been using MK's castle for Disneyland commercials for years now ... putting Walt in commercials for WDW like he was actually there ... it's called payback.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X