This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disneyland1970
    If you can afford the room for the extra nights,stay longer if you can. If you do wait until later in the summer, Disney has had some very good room rates in Sept and Oct in the past.
    That's great news! We're thinking very seriously about postponing the honeymoon til October. The Food and Wine Festival sounds like a lot of fun, the rates may be cheaper and the crowds & weather should be much improved by then. Thanks for all the help everyone, and anymore tidbit tips would be greatly appreciated!
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Comment

When I think of WDW, I think FOOD!!! There are sooooo many great restaurants! Personally, I enjoyed Mitsukoshi at the Japan pavillion at Epcot. Cinderella's Royal Table inside the castle at Magic Kingdom was very enjoyable.

If you're going to watch Fantasmic, you can arrange for dinner and priority seating (if they still have it...I visited in September 2002), so you don't have to hassle with lines.

O'hana is the fantasic restaurant located at the Polynesian resort...I thought the food was better than the actual Luau that they have.

In terms of transportation to the airport, if you're staying on property, you can easily arrange for a shuttle to take you and pick you up...fairly inexpensive. Once you're on property, the transportation system should suit you well.

Enjoy!!!
      "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Comment

Welcome to the World...RUN! kidding...

Hey there Mouse-ka-teer!

Glad to see you're heading this way! Here are some tips from a 30+ times visitor (since 1980):

* If you're planning to stay on-site, resort speaking, may I recommend either the Contemporary Resort or Wilderness Lodge if you are in the Deluxe (price) Resort range. Now, I only recommend the Contemporary if you can get a tower room (facing the Magic Kingdom is a plus). The tower rooms are absolutely enchanting, offering a view of the park (if available) and will give you a "ringside" seat for the evening fireworks from the balcony. Be sure to specify room preference, and if all they have are "wing" rooms then skip the resort all together. The Wilderness lodge offers many of the same great accomidations as the Contemporary with great rooms and a slightly lower price.

If you're not in the Deluxe range, I recommend the Port Orleans: Riverside Resort which is a more affordable price, but they don't scrimp on the accomidations as much as the Value Resorts. Fun stuff like fishing, motorboats, huge pool(s), bicycle carts, and more "Deluxe" like extras (for an extra fee, of course...lol). Coronado Springs is also a Moderate resort with great rooms and service, plus it was just built during 2003/2004.

* If you only have a few days, spend the most time at the "original trilogy" (i.e. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, & Disney MGM). If you think the Magic Kingdom is too much like Disneyland...Then stake out Epcot and the Studios, with half day trips to Animal Kingdom and MK. You should try and fastpass-slip in some AK attractions (Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl).

* Here's something interesting. If you're visiting during a warm month, try out Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. I was not a big fan of water parks, but after trying Disney's clean and pristeen water park, I can go to no other! Its not dingy like a lot of other water parks (Hello Schliterbauhn! I know travel channel gave you number 1 rating...but YUCK!), and there are great attractions for every member of the family. I think they have the best lazy river in the business.

* If it rains while you're visiting, and dad-gum-it if it doesn't rain a lot in central Florida, then I advise heading to Disney Quest for the day where you can play on every type of high tech video game and virtual reality gizmo they have there. There are even Retro games for parents and those that remember their 80's/90's childhood (wistful sigh), like Pac-Man and Moon Patrol. Epcot can also be fun during rain with many of its pavilions and attractions indoors. By the way, I've had the chance to ride Test Track in the middle of heavy rain...wow...now that's an experience!

* Want a good on-site restaurant? My family has tried them all, and here are the best tasting: Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK (ham, turkey, mac n' cheese, dressing, salad), 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM (prime rib sandwiches, shrimp salad, PB & J, meatloaf, great cocktails), Biergarten Restaurant @ Epcot/Germany (buffet with entertainment, sausages, potatoes, beer, many pastries), Tony's Town Square @ MK (Italian, spaghetti & meatballs, manacoti). I could go on...lol!

I think thats enough to start you off, I can always post more. Happy travels to the World!

- Agent Xero (Johnny Childers)
        "Disneyland will never be complete...as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Comment

Originally posted by AgentXero
          * Want a good on-site restaurant? My family has tried them all, and here are the best tasting: Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK (ham, turkey, mac n' cheese, dressing, salad), 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM (prime rib sandwiches, shrimp salad, PB & J, meatloaf, great cocktails), Biergarten Restaurant @ Epcot/Germany (buffet with entertainment, sausages, potatoes, beer, many pastries), Tony's Town Square @ MK (Italian, spaghetti & meatballs, manacoti). I could go on...lol!
          Please do! Thats great info...

So far our food interests are in the Prime Time Cafe, the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, the Castle, the Living Seas restaurant, the Canada Pavillion Steakhouse, and Tony's Town Square (gotta share some spaghetti for our honeymoon :love: !).

Tell us more about your restaurant suggestions, we're all ears!
          "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Comment

Eh, try to avoid 50's Prime Time, I really hate the food. Some people like the atmosphere, but it dosn't make up for the food.

Try some of these places too:

-Spoodles (favorite)
            -Alfraidos
            -Coral Reef
            -Mama Melrose
            ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Originally posted by testtrack321
              Eh, try to avoid 50's Prime Time, I really hate the food. Some people like the atmosphere, but it dosn't make up for the food.

Try some of these places too:

-Spoodles (favorite)
              -Alfraidos
              -Coral Reef
              -Mama Melrose
              The food is great! Very much like Mom would make! The atmosphere is fun if you are in the mood. Not the place to go for a quiet dinner for 2 But everyones taste is different. I would recomend giving it a try, you wont find anything to compare it to. The Fried Chicken is my fave!

Mama Melrose to me is pretty much the same food you can get at Olive Garden @ a much cheaper price. Just My 2 cents!

Comment

Originally posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
                Isn't there also a WDW equivalent to DL's ESPN Zone?
                Yes, the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. It's more of an "ESPN Zone prototype" which is to say it's not as extravagant as the Anaheim version, but you'll get the same kind of food.

And I'm jumping on the "I love Prime Time Diner" bandwagon. Milkshakes, fried chicken, and s'mores. It doesn't get any better than that.
                Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

Comment

LoL when me and my sister were little, we HATED the Prime Time Cafe... we didn't like how they would yell at us if we put our elbows on the table and tried to get us to finish all our food. I was like, goodness... I get this at home, I don't want this on vacation!

Now that I'm older I can see how it would be fun, though. I haven't been back in my "more mature years" (emphasis on the quotation marks...)

Comment

STAY AWAY FROM THE CONCOURSE STEAKHOUSE IN THE CONTEMPRARY!!!!! I don't know why, probly cause the food is crappy, but I hate this place. Its TOO pricey for the taste, and the last time I was there we had a terrible waiter.
                    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

After working in the parks and at the resorts, I would recommend staying at the Value resorts, especially with the Magic Your Way deals going on now. If you want a great place to eat Mitsukoshi in the Japan Pavillion in Epcot is Excellent. If you want the best time to come it would be Late Oct and Early Nov. The crowds are not that big and the temperature and the chance of rain are down. I would tell you as working at DAK it is a 3-4 hour park to do. And without kids it makes it easy to accomplish. MGM and EC are a 1-2 day parks. With large crowds MK can sometimes be a 2-3 park. If you want a fun place to eat there is the Sci-fi diner and the Prime Time Cafe. Sci-Fi is great because you can sit in a car and watch B rated horror films. Prime-Time Cafe is great if you want a motherly figure to make sure you eat your vegetables and clean your plate. Both are at MGM. Make sure you see Fantasmic, Illuminations, Wishes, and Spectromagic. All are the Closing event for the parks. DAK does not have any fireworks or night time show. the park closes at 5:00pm during the winter. 6:00pm during the Spring-Fall.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                      X