This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January weather at WDW

I'm taking my family to WDW the last week of January and I'm wondering about weather. We've heard the weather can get nasty in Jan., but I'm wondering what that really means. We will be coming from sub-zero Utah temps. Can anybody tell me what the weather is usually like in Orlando in late January?

Re: January weather at WDW

Compared to Utah temperatures, you'll be fine. January can get pretty cold (40's or 50's) but there can also be days in the 60's and 70's.

Comment

I'll second what mikeland had to say. It can go either way so do bring some warm clothes and most of all have fun.

Comment

when we went in Jan 02 it was cold for us. we are from california. i think one night it hit a low of 20. during the day it was 40s and 50s but it was a freak thing

Comment

bring a sweatshirt and some pants. but dont forget the shorts and tshirt too. Just be prepared for anything in January

Comment

I agree, January can be unpredictable when it comes to temps. Definitely a sweater/sweatshirt and a light jacket just in case.

Comment

Yes i agree i always go to WDW in Jan. and it always just depends i usually prepare for cold weather just to be safe. I always bring a jacket and pants, but i never forget my swimsuit for the hotels heated pool.

Comment

As Coloradoans we were amused by the parka clad CM's (in the morning) in what for us was "mild" weather (upper 50's).

It will be more humid than Utah, and 40 degrees can feel much colder than a 40 degree day in the Rockies. I would say follow the same rules as at home: wear layers.
                Last edited by fkurucz; 12-06-2006, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Now this may be a strange question, but how is the vegetation that time of year? Here in Utah everything dies in Jan. No leaves, no green. We were kind of hoping that Florida would be somewhat lush and jungly like it was the last time we went in November. Will that be the case?

Comment

Personally I hate being overheated, so I'll take 50 over 90 anyday. But that's me.

The fact is that you will be there at a time with minimal wait times, so you'll spend more time in the rides and less plodding through the crowds. Just keep aware of the temps and plan accordingly. If you see a night coming when it will be 30 degrees, don't make that the Illuminations night.
                    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
                    Mouse Extra
                    feeding the Disney addiction daily
                    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Comment

There's a huge variance in temperature in January. I've seen it down in the 20's but when I was there this year in January it ranged from about 67-83 degrees. Heck, there were even people at the water parks. So I'd be prepared for either thing. Personally I loved the weather when we were there that week, it was absolutely perfect.

Comment

I am so excited!!! We leave on Dec 28 and are currently coming off a cold snap of -17F ( and colder ). 40 or 50 sounds heavenly Sounds like shorts to me!:yea:
                        "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                        I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

it will be between freezing (32f) and hot (80f) with chance of rain every cold front...

yes, i'm a natural Floridian...

Comment

Originally posted by JungleBumCT View Post
                            Thanks for the advice. Now this may be a strange question, but how is the vegetation that time of year? Here in Utah everything dies in Jan. No leaves, no green. We were kind of hoping that Florida would be somewhat lush and jungly like it was the last time we went in November. Will that be the case?
                            Nothing like back at home. Winter in Florida just means that the grass grows slower :-)

Some trees will lose their leaves. But it will be a lot greener than back at home.

Comment

I have been once during early January, and I learned quickly that it can get cold early and late during the day. Mornings were chilly, so a sweatshirt and long pants were perfect. But by afternoon I had the sweatshirt wrapped around my waist. A bit of a pain, so you may want to rent a locker to store it (do they still have rentable lockers?) At night the temps fall fast. A light jacket, plus sweater really helped me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X