• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmybop
    Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet
    • Jun 2005

Pleasure Island Clubs to be 21 and up only Starting Jan 1st 2007

Just got this in an e-mail today from the College Program:

Individuals under the age of 21 have many other options including the Adventurers Club and The Comedy Warehouse at Pleasure Island, in addition to a range of choices for the entire family including DisneyQuestDowntown Disney
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....
  • luckyamber
    • Nov 2005

Re: Pleasure Island Clubs to be 21 and up only Starting Jan 1st 2007

I wish they'd make the Adventurer's club and Comedy Warehouse at least 18+. The last time I was at AC some horrible mom was drunk and had her 2 kids there really late. One was sleeping on the couch taking up room for the adults, not to mention he didn't want to be there and it was clearly past his bedtime. The other kid sat in the front in the Library for all the shows and was totally obnoxious. I'm sure the CM's felt uncomfortable with the young kids there. They were even making jokes about what kind of parents bring their kids to a bar. You would have though she'd have been embaressed but she was back with them again the next night.

Comment

• aimster
      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Thank god!

Comment

• BigPigletFan
        I was deleted.
        • Dec 2008

:blink: Hmm... I'm surprised! Poor CPs! I :love: 8TRAX. I guess they'll all be stuck in "Motion" then instead. It's a good thing I'm turning 21 soon I guess.

Comment

• captsmith84
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
          :blink: Hmm... I'm surprised! Poor CPs! I :love: 8TRAX. I guess they'll all be stuck in "Motion" then instead. It's a good thing I'm turning 21 soon I guess.
          Ditto to that! I loved 8TRAX when I was younger, it was my fav. club after the Adventurer's Club. And it looks like the younger CPs will be blocked out of Motion too. Wow. Oh well.

Comment

• Gorwingel
            Wants to Wear the Bat Hat
            • Apr 2006

Yeah... poor CP's you're right
            Poor clubs because most of these places survive almost entirely on CP's and Cast Members
            WDW College Program Alumni
            May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
            May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
            Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

• MickeyMania
              Vehicle rotating backward
              • Jan 2005

A quick PI question: Which one of the clubs are not playing explosively loud music ala Mannequins? I have enough of those kinds of clubs here in Vegas and I would like a nice get-together place that is more lounge than chaotic dancefloor with louder noise than most Iraqi skirmishes.

I want to do a night at DTD and I think we'll start off with Comedy Warehouse but then I don't know where to go from there that won't leave me deaf for the night.

The other thing I've been wondering since I've done nothing more than walk through the avenue before, is how does admission work out if it's part of your MYW package?

Comment

• figment1986
                Banned User
                • Jan 2005

Darn... I'm not 21 till October... and I been putting off going for a while...

at least adventurers club is still available... or did I read that wrong.

Comment

• Monorail Man
                  MiceChatter
                  MiceChat Administrator
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                  The other thing I've been wondering since I've done nothing more than walk through the avenue before, is how does admission work out if it's part of your MYW package?
                  Scan you ticket/room key (if you add your ticket to your room key), and stamp your hand.
                  -Monorail Man

Comment

• Rosso11
                    • Apr 2005

Wow that sucks. They might as well close Motion right now. I was over 21 when I was a CP but most people aren't. This is going to kill cast member nights. I really don't agree with this. They should make Motion and 8trax 18 and up during the week and on the weekends make them 21 and up. I almost feel like they are doing this on purpose to simply make an excuse to close them down and rent out the space. They must know this is going to hurt business during the week.
                    Last edited by Rosso11; 12-08-2006, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• KevinYee
                      • Jan 2005

My memory is hazy on this, but weren't most of the clubs over-21 in the early years of PI?
                      Kevin Yee
                      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                      Mouse Trap
                      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

• Hamlet Schmalzbach
                        • Jan 2006

I am getting old, for I also thought that one had to be over 21 to get into the clubs "back in the day"...am I wrong?

Comment

• Rosso11
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                          My memory is hazy on this, but weren't most of the clubs over-21 in the early years of PI?
                          Yes they were but it was a very different PI back then. I really don't think all of the clubs can survive today with a strict over 21 crowd. The club scene has changed dramatically over the past five years and PI has not kept up. If they want to move back to the strict 21 and up crowd they really should rent out this space to established clubs out of Miami, New York and Vegas. If Disney is serious about kepping dance clubs at PI they need help and should bring in outside people. I really do think clubs are a good idea if done correctly. When people are on vacation many people want to go out at night and have a good time. This is especially true for Disney's huge convention crowd that so may people on these boards seem to forget about. PI is not for everyone but for others its a great way to end a night.

Comment

• Cmash95
                            Banned User
                            • Jul 2005

back in the day they were 18 and up except for manaquins. We used to go all the time and I could bring in the kids to any club as long as I was there except manaquins. the beach club was designed for the younger crowd and in the beginning it was a rollerskating rink of sorts. if they are pushing the booze I can see why they are doing this so they only have patrons that can drink in the clubs that way they maximize the opportunity of drinking. The bet club has always been 21 or over since it opened, but I must admit it was more fun as the country club.

Comment

• tloolgb
                              Internet.Serious Business
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by luckyamber View Post
                              \They were even making jokes about what kind of parents bring their kids to a bar. You would have though she'd have been embaressed but she was back with them again the next night.
                              They always do that. It is a source for many jokes.

I'm not that upset...A) it doesn't effect me and B) I only really go to Adventurer's anyways.

Comment

• packwingfn
                                • May 2006

I'm sure most CPs go to pleasure island but isnt there other clubs/bars that CP go too as well? I've heard a lot of stories at the Club at the boardwalk being popular. How are those clubs?

For me? I'm really much of a club dancer so when I go join the CP, I'll be fine at the ESPN Club watching sports and hanging at the bar.

Comment

• tloolgb
                                  Internet.Serious Business
                                  • May 2005

There are many other places...I don't know how popular Atlantic Dance is but Jellyrolls defeats anything PI has.

Comment

• Cmash95
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jul 2005

i thought jellyrolls was 21 and up. or maybe that was atlantic. I have never been to either however I hear they are lots of fun.

Comment

• Opus1guy
                                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                                      Cmash95 is pretty much spot on.

When Pleasure Island first opened, each club required separate admission. Admission to the "Island" itself was free, but you needed tickets to get into each club. They had a One Club ticket, Three Club ticket, etc, etc. And all but Videopolis were 18 and over, except when accompanied by a parent. So kids were allowed in most of the clubs with a parent. Videopolis was 21 and over only...no kids. Later Mannequins became the 21 and older joint.

Here's a scan of a One Club Comp Ticket from opening year (1989) on which you can read the age requirements, that also features Pleasure Island's original logo.

Comment

• Rosso11
                                        • Apr 2005

Jellyrolls is great, especially on Tuesdays but if your uder 21 your out of luck again.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X