• Show
Clear All
  • evanescence4ever
    KING OF CABMF'S
    • Jun 2006

Re: Xmas parade on ABC...

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
    BTW:
    Wasn't even the WDW opening special recorded a few days before it aired?
    Actually, it was taped four weeks before trust me, i was there
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Comment

• ZeekSlider
      EPCOT Citizen
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
      This is, again, about complaining for the sake of complaint. And it's why I have increased difficulty taking your complaints seriously, TDLFAN.
      At leat you aren't attacking him for having an opinion like SOME people.
      WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

• Cmash95
        Banned User
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by evanescence4ever View Post
        Actually, it was taped four weeks before trust me, i was there
        so were we.

Comment

• TDLFAN
          Banned User
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
          At leat you aren't attacking him for having an opinion like SOME people.
          Don't worry Zeek. I don't give MickeyMania much credibility for his so-called opinions either, so we are on equal footing.

Comment

• WDW1974
            • Apr 2005

I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to offer my dime's worth ... I was totally embarrassed by the infomercial. There is very little of any substance to this, and before someone says it was always this way I'll just say you all are wrong. It may have always been a commercial, but it once was a classy one (same with the Easter Parade)... a live one ... a real one ... with real people not folks who were cast by Lightship/Disney for how they'd appeal to demos to shill everything from Pirates to Princesses to High School Musical to Nemo.

And Samantha Brown ... gawd, you just sold your soul. Shilling timeshares on what already was a commercial ... that's as bad as it gets. I hope you showered very well after the Mouse got done with you.

And I pity poor Regis and Kelly, two of the nicest celebs I've ever met. You could see them visibly cringing at some of the lines they were reading.

I guess I watch it now for the same reason I slow down when there's a wreck on the side of the road ... for morbid curiosity.

The magical Christmas tradition has been dead for years.

I guess if you're someone who sits in there resort room taping Stacey doing the WDW Top 7 attractions and Company Clips and DVC Info, this type of show could be entertaining but for the rest of us ...

Comment

• tcsnwhite
              Creative Director
              • Jan 2005

^honestly, I guess I am too young to remember the Christmas parade being a 'classy' one. I have loads on tape, they were always in this sort of commercial-like format. Yes, they were better back then, but still, I don't see them as being that much different. again, I am speaking of the ones starting since the mid 80's to the early 90's.

I'll tell you what was a classy and truly grand affair-the Easter Parade. I have a few on tape, and the parade was - literally- huge!!! I have never seen a parade on that scale in any Disney stateside park since then. You're definitely spot on with that one.

As for the hosts and scripts, they have always been corny. again, not as bad as they are now, but always corny. some too corny, some just right. =)

I'll tell you what I really miss- Debbie Allen performing her 3 part Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah performance in New Orleans Square, Tiki Room lanai, and down Main Street. How about Donna Summer performing "She Works Hard For The Money" with Cindy and Snow. DL's 30th special is probably my all-time favorite.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X