This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Trip Report with Pictures

Adam and I drove up to Walt Disney World for two nights.

We stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center Resort. I've heard this is the largest Marriott in the world and I believe it. It was very nice though.

This was the view from our room in the North Tower.

We could see the Contemporary Resort, Spaceship Earth and Cinderella Castle behind Downtown Disney.

Here, you can see the Tower of Terror and Expedition: Everest way in the back.

Cinderella Castle can be seen just to the left of the Contemporary Tower!

The Epcot resort area in the distance.

Our room was really nice and comfy.

The hotel had amazing pool areas.

We got lucky because there was a parking lot right next to the hotel's North Tower - otherwise, guests have to use a shuttle to get to the parking structure or use valet parking.

Re: New Years Trip Report with Pictures

Saturday night, we went to Epcot for a bit. It was very crowded. We saw The Seas with Nemo, which was nice, but very short. The queue for Soarin was 180 minutes - that's THREE hours! (We skipped it)

Epcot's Christmas Tree.

Nice lights at Epcot.

We had dinner at Bistro de Paris. It was ok. Adam's hobby is French cooking so it was highly critiqued. I get better at home

Sunday, Adam and I went to the Animal Kingdom.

Our first glimpse of Everest.

What an amazing ride! I loved it.

The imagineers really did a great job.

That's me holding on for dear life in the fifth row.

A very pretty view at the Animal Kingdom. I'm glad this park is coming into its own.

Lots of flora and fauna everywhere.

We even had fun on Dinosaur.

Pretty bird!

We saw Finding Nemo, the show, but they did not allow us to take pictures. I tried.

Comment

We stopped for a bit at Downtown Disney. I'd never seen the Disney Mobile kiosk before.

For New Years Eve, we went to the 9:30 PM showing of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness Campground. It was lots of fun.

You can see that the actors have a great time doing it. The blond actress could very easily have been Cinderella.

After the dinner show, we returned to the Marriott, which was VERY close. We got to see the fireworks displays from the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney/MGM and Pleasure Island's.

It seemed that the Magic Kingdom had two identical fireworks displays going on at once.

Happy New Year everyone! We wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2007.

Comment

Great pictures, it seems that you had a good time.
        As for the to identical shows at MK, they are called "mirror shows". One set is launched from the main launch site, the other set is launched from an island in Seven Seas Lagoon.
        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Cool pics. Happy New Year y'all!
          Epcot rocks! I luv Capt Jack Sparrow, alongside Will & Elizabeth!
          twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
          myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
          Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
          youtube.com/svhwdwnut

Comment

GREAT PHOTOS!
            Yes, MK launched Fantasy in the Sky from both behind the park and from the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Comment

Great photos!
              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Wow, you had awsome views of the world from your room!Even saw the Team Disney building too-SWEET!!!!

btw-Im in Indy now but grew up in miami(adventura)-is the mall still great??

Comment

Thanks for the photo update I was amazed at how the three parks fireworks started at different times too, The parks must be using Mickey Mouse watches

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Comment

Originally posted by CastMember 02 View Post
                    Thanks for the photo update I was amazed at how the three parks fireworks started at different times too, The parks must be using Mickey Mouse watches

Thats right.WDW is no "MICKEY MOUSE" operation.

Comment

Originally posted by wedway71 View Post
                      btw-Im in Indy now but grew up in miami(adventura)-is the mall still great??
                      The Aventura mall is still great and expanding too. They recently remodeled the floors and such. We're going to have a Nordstrom soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CastMember 02 View Post
                        I think some of the parks began their fireworks shows early so that the grand finale would begin at midnight in time for New Years. You wouldn't want Wishes or Illuminations to begin at midnight ... that's when you want a fireworks extravaganza blowout! I believe that Disney/MGM and Pleasure Island began at midnight.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X