Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Any POFQ suggestions or advice?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any POFQ suggestions or advice?

Ok, in 53 days I'll be on my honeymoon at POFQ. I chose the resort because of the fairly large amount of positive reviews coming from everyone. Any last minute suggestions, tips, or advice anyone can give me on how to make the experience one to remember?
    To Believe is to Conquer the Fears and Doubts of the Typical Intellect...
    sigpic
    June 2002 - WDW (Offsite)
    June 2004 - WDW (Offsite)
    Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*

Re: Any POFQ suggestions or advice?

First of all, "Congratulations" on you upcoming wedding!

POFQ will be a wonderful place to spend your honeymoon. If you did not reserve a "Water View" then don't worry about it. It's not worth the extra money to pay for it, however, it is a nicer view than the parking lot, although all views are from the public walkway outside your room. When you check-in, don't ask for an upgrade to "water view," but do tell them that you are on your honeymoon. Chances are very good that the wonderful CM's there will simply upgrade you for free to "plus" your honeymoon. We celebrated our 20th Anniversay at POFQ and by simply mentioning that at check-in, "viola!" we got a water view at no additional charge. Disney people love making special times even more special.

If you're not already aware of it, reserve an evening carriage ride along the Sassagoula River. Very romantic. If not, a sunset stroll along the river with the one you love can be very romantic, too..

The restaurant over at POR, "Boatrights," is a nice alternative to a meal at the food court. It's about a 5-7 minute stroll on the riverwalk from POFQ to the marina area at POR. Not in the mood to walk? No problem, as the boats come every 10-15 minutes to and from, or catch the next resort bus, as all POFQ buses go to POR before any trips to the parks.

The boats to and from Downtown Disney are one of the best reasons to stay at the Riverside resorts. The gentle, laid back ride to dinner, shopping or nighttime entertainment, are great ways to enjoy the surrounding area while getting to and from your DTD destination.

Do take the time to take a leisurely walk around the resort. The attention to detail is amazing and the resort is quite beautiful.

Looking for a building recommendation? Well, because the resort is so compact, it's difficult to be in a bad location. Location depends on your specific needs. My recommendation for the honeymooning couple is Bldg. 6, the same bldg we stayed in. It's not next to the pool or main building, so you get a little more "peace and quiet," something that I would assume would be high on a newly married couples "wish list." However, you are not far from the resorts amenities, either. Very short walk to the pool/jacuzzi, food court, bar, and, most importantly, the bus depot.

Have a wonderful time on your "Disneymoon" and think of us when you enjoy the beignets!

Best of luck to you!

GG

Comment

THANKS GG!! That's great info and advice. I'll report how everything went when we get back.
      To Believe is to Conquer the Fears and Doubts of the Typical Intellect...
      sigpic
      June 2002 - WDW (Offsite)
      June 2004 - WDW (Offsite)
      Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*

Comment

Originally posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
        tell them that you are on your honeymoon. Chances are very good that the wonderful CM's there will simply upgrade you for free to "plus" your honeymoon.

Have a wonderful time on your "Disneymoon" and think of us when you enjoy the beignets!

Tell them everywhere, you never know what you are going to get. Tell them when you make dining reservations too, tell the wait staff, tell the CMs, tell them all.

Bleah. Those were NOT beignets. They were something else, not beignets.
        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Congratulations! I know you'll have a great time. February is a wonderful month to visit WDW.

Comment

Everyone had some great input, the only thing I can add is to ask for a corner room, you get an extra window.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
              Everyone had some great input, the only thing I can add is to ask for a corner room, you get an extra window.

.....and a king-sized bed!!!

Comment

Ummm......its your Honeymoon.....I hardly think this is the forum for tips and advice..........Enjoy and congrats!!
                HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X