This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IllumiNations has been canceled?

I have just seen this posted on another board that RoE has been completely canceled for the next month due to the Earth Barge refurb.
    Can anyone confirm or disprove this rumor? I know that a test show without the barge was perforned a couple of months ago in preparation for the Globe-less show. Maybe this plan was been thrown away?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Re: IllumiNations has been canceled?

Wow! The show has only not run a few times. While I can confirm the test show, I can't say for sure if the show won't run for an entire month. But, if the end show is AMAZING with great new stuff (such as what they tested) there's not need to worry. :cwink:

Comment

i dont think it has been... they have a back up option... which also shortens the show...

Comment

In Brad Rex's interview on allears.net he stated that the barge would be out of commission but that they had plans in place to make up for the barge being gone so unless something drastic changed I don't think the whole show will be cancelled.

Comment

I am heading to Epcot tomorrow, I will find out and post if no one else gets the answer before me.

Comment

Refurb and Canceled are two completely different things. We don't want to scare people into thinking the whole show has been canceled. Let me know if you want me to edit the title for you.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

In this case, the show was scheduled for refurb but, according to a hopefully unreliable source, the show's status has gone from parts of it under refurb to cancelled for refurb.
              You may edit the title if you wish to do so.
              Thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

I would be shocked if the show went down for a month. Heck, I'd be shocked if it went down for a week.

Comment

I would not. "BraviSEAmo!" at TDS has been cancelled for a few weeks now as it receives maintenance... so that is not new to me. If they did at WDW more often with high maintenance props... maybe the shows could evolve and improve to the very best degree.

Comment

Yeah, but the differance with BraviSEAmo! and IllumiNations is that the Earth barge isn't built into the lake, unlike the Firebird.

They could easily replace it with another pyro boat or something to change the show up a bit. Unless it is cheaper to run a LCD image instead of launching a new temporary sequence of fireworks, then by all means cancel some shows.
                    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

I know that Summer was at WDW over the weekend. Can you tell us what you know?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                        I know that Summer was at WDW over the weekend. Can you tell us what you know?
                        Hey everyone! We were there Friday night and Illuminations went on as planned. I even stopped by Guest Relations and asked if it would be going down anytime soon and the girl there said she didn't see it on the schedule for that.

So unless there is something they don't know I'm thinking its just a rumor.

Comment

That is good to know. Thanks Summer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                            That is good to know. Thanks Summer.

Anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                              Hey everyone! We were there Friday night and Illuminations went on as planned. I even stopped by Guest Relations and asked if it would be going down anytime soon and the girl there said she didn't see it on the schedule for that.

So unless there is something they don't know I'm thinking its just a rumor.
                              Did they or did they not have a globe? And if not, what did they replace it with?
                              WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X