This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer's TR MK 02-11-07

Let me start this TR off by saying I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new digital camera. It has so expanded my capabilities in my photography hobby and I can't wait to share my photos with everyone.

As I didn't know it put a date/time stamp on each photo, I don't have it off for this set but you can still see the pretty pictures.

As posted on another thread my honey couldn't go to the parks with me so being the wonderful boyfriend he is, he suggested I take a "mental health day" and go alone. Bless that man..

So I arrive around 9:05am and park in Pluto, catch the tram and head to the TTC. I was surprised and very happy to see the crowds at a low level and I headed over to catch the ferry boat.

I thought this was a perfect time to try out my new camera.

As always you can view all the photos I took on Sunday HERE.

Half zoom with my camera, not bad at all.

And then I took this shot with full zoom and about half a mile away.

After catching the opening number I snapped a few photos down main Street and headed towards Adventureland!

As I am walking I notice that there is no line for Aladdin MCR! So on I went to enjoy the magic carpet ride and snap some photos of the area in an elevated position.

After getting off of Aladdin I noticed that they were opening Jungle Cruise, I like this ride, it's such a cheesy favorite of mine. Although every Skipper seems to want me to talk everytime I go on the ride. I think I have "Talk to me" written on my forehead or something.

After JC I got an itch to see that sexy pirate friend of mine so I headed to POTC and snapped some photos inside, I got a great one of the red head.

After catching my boy Jack, I headed to Splash Mountain, as it's not a ride that C likes to go on, I wasn't missing the opportunity.

After getting the least wet I have ever gotten on that ride, I decided to tackle another mountain, big thunder that is..

Well at this point I was getting a little hungry and since I was headed to the Haunted Mansion, I do what I always do, BUY A CHURRO!!
    I never take a trip to MK without buying a churro, but while I was waiting behind a group of cheerleaders who couldn't decide whether or not to get diet coke or water for 10 minutes, I noticed this really pretty bird on top of the cart, so I snapped this photo while waiting.

So I am walking along enjoying my churro when I see a Tom Sawyer raft on the opposite side of the river?? Hmm, that's interesting, I have no idea why they were out there but there was a CM pointing and talking, so I can only assume some kind of tour. If anyone knows what tour this is, please let me know.

With my tummy temporarily satisfied with sugary goodness, I went on Haunted Mansion. I didn't take any photos because the ride was a walk on and I didn't stop to click.

After visiting my ghostly friends, I skipped Fantasyland for Tomorrowland and walked around the back way to head towards Cosmic Ray's so I could take the photo of the bathroom door that was requested in THIS thread.

As I was walking behind the castle I turned around and saw the best photo opportunity and quite possibly my favorite photo I have EVER taken of the castle. Tell me what you think.

So after snapping the photo of the now infamous bathroom door, I grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to Tomorrowland.

I never miss a ride on the People Mover (TTA) and I made my usual two trips around. I did break a little rule and took a flash photo of the inside of Space Mountain, I think it turned out pretty good.

I snapped some photos of the construction currently going on Indy Speedway for anyone that is interested.

After the ride I grabbed a FP for Space Mountain as the line was outside and I headed to Carousel of Progress, another favorite that I don't miss with every visit.

Next, I went on Space Mountain and remembered why I didn't ride it often. It's getting a little rickity in it's old age. :blush: I hope they refurb it soon.

It was then I decided to head out but not before taking some photos of the new Monster's Inc. entrance. I noticed a sign that wasn't there before which is neat. I hope they do some soft openings soon.

With a little battery left and to get out of the park before the 3:00pm parade, I exited to my car where I decided at the last minute to end the day at Disney's MGM Studios.

I headed back to the back lot tour to catch up with a friend of mine and I saw this..

Poor Millionaire is no longer, the building has been demolished. *sniffs*

After the Backlot tour I headed to Pizza Planet for some pizza. You know how it's right outside muppets? Well, I got to sit and eat while people watching and listening to the "Rainbow Connection," hard to believe that would be a peaceful moment, but it was. :lol:

As the day was almost over I wanted to catch the Great Movie Ride before heading home, I did manage to take a photo of part of Star Tours on my way around, I can't remember the name of the city it depicts, maybe you Star Wars experts can help.

I managed to snap a photo of the theater but this was the best I could do standing under the hat.

Now as most of my photos didn't come out in here, I don't have very many. Haven't really been able to master low lighting pictures, here are the best ones of the bunch.

The girl munchkin in the picture looks like she wants to take me out, I'm a little creeped out, more so than the Alien. :lol:

Well it turned out I got out sooner than expected so as a last visit, I went to snap some photos of One Man's Dream. I love this mini museum, it's really informative and funny enough, covers mainly Disneyland.

Oh Look! It's the REAL Spaceship Earth! As it should be.

And I end it with my desk.

Just kidding, I wish this was my desk, that laptop and all those disney games and toys would be so neat to own!

Re: Summer's TR MK 02-11-07

Great photos Summer. Looks like you had fun as always.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Oh.... thank you for the Big Thunder pic!
      All your pics are great!
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Great photos, I really like the castle one, and Tatooine Traders shot.

Comment

Great pictures Summer. Looks like you had a good time. Yes, the castle picture is absolutely beautiful!

Comment

As I was walking behind the castle I turned around and saw the best photo opportunity and quite possibly my favorite photo I have EVER taken of the castle. Tell me what you think.
            If you could get someone to photoshop out the date and the man walking, this could easily be a postcard shot. It's that nice. I especially love how well your camera picks up the blues of the sky in your shots. I always have to play around with the saturation in photoshop to get my pictures to turn out that nice.

As for the star wars shot, that's supposed to be Tattooine.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
              If you could get someone to photoshop out the date and the man walking, this could easily be a postcard shot. It's that nice. I especially love how well your camera picks up the blues of the sky in your shots. I always have to play around with the saturation in photoshop to get my pictures to turn out that nice.

As for the star wars shot, that's supposed to be Tattooine.
              Aww, thanks! :blush: It's the camera really, I just point and click at what I think would be pretty.

Comment

Wonderful pictures Summer! That castle shot really is fantastic.

Comment

I like the castle shot also because it is from a different angle than we usually see -
                  " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

Comment

I really enjoyed the pics ... you have a good eye.

The Castle shot was near perfect ... perfect would have been without the dude walking in the background!

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                      I really enjoyed the pics ... you have a good eye.

The Castle shot was near perfect ... perfect would have been without the dude walking in the background!

Well that and the date stamp, it wasn't even the right date! Oh well, I will know for next time.

Comment

I loved your pics! I got a digital camera for Christmas (my first ever "nice" camera) and I can't wait to take tons of pictures. I get so happy looking at pictures of WDW, even when they aren't pictures of my own trips! :P

I really did love the picture of the castle. The coloring with your camera is amazing! I hope I do a god job with my camera.
                        - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful pictures. Makes me want to plan another trip to the "World".
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thanks for the pics Summer... just makes me want to get back to WDW ASAP!
                              ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X