X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVEREST: FASTPASS Queue vs. STANDBY Queue

On the Wikipedia page for Expedition Everest, it says the following:

As riders wind their way through the attraction's richly detailed standby queue, half of which is climate controlled, the legend of the yeti is communicated vividly through a mandir, a kind of Himalayan shrine to the yeti, and a makeshift museum that documents yeti sightings, its significance in Himalayan cultures and a so-called "lost" expedition that ran afoul of the creature many years before (1982). The shorter FASTPASS queue contains a similar but abbreviated storyline. The queues merge in the enclosed train station behind the loading area.
    So, I'm wondering, is it a better pre-show experience to go standby to see all the themeing? Or does it not make a difference?

Re: EVEREST: FASTPASS Queue vs. STANDBY Queue

The standby queue has a lot more to look at, but the fastpass queue I would say is just as interesting, only shorter (obviously..)

I'd take a look at both if you can, but personally I don't think you'd be missing anything super fantastic if you got fastpasses

Comment

I feel everyone should wait in standby at least once to really get the full experience. Much like Indiana Jones, there is a lot to look at, but thats mostly because youll be waiting in line for about and hour or more. The Fastpass obviously has an abbreviated version of stuff and a few things the Standby line doesn't. If you have time and dont mind waiting, take the standby line, if not, just go with the fastpass.

Comment

Get a FASTPASS then go into the stand by... then you can experience both.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
          That might be a good idea.

Comment

The standby que is better, but it is not worth waiting 60+ for if you can use a fastpass IMHO.
            "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
            I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
              That might be a good idea.

If you hit it early, you can get a FP, go though the stand by, come out, and use the FP.

Both queues have some nice themeing. It's a shame that they had to put up signs telling guests not to pick the leaves off the tea bushes.

-dave
              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

It's a shame Disney has not eliminated Fastpass altogether off their parks.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Dammit, someone needs to post that generic "can of worms" picture here....
                  I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                  sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                    I agree with this. Both have different items to look at and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Agreed!

Get rid of FASTPAsS altogether. Part of teh theme park experience is waiting in long lines.

Comment

Even on busy days, the line at Everest would move fast due to the big capacity on the trains. I witnessed this at MGM's R&R Coaster before they installed FP in that queue, bringing it to a screeching hault unnecesarely.

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
                          So, I'm wondering, is it a better pre-show experience to go standby to see all the themeing? Or does it not make a difference?
                          We didn't get to AK until mid-afternoon (hopped from MK), on an AK EMH night. My 6 year old has been waiting months to ride EE. At the front of the park we learned that EE was down for repairs, might reopen might not. At about 5:00 p.m., we walked by and it was open, with a 60 minute standby line, and FASTPASS was sold out. We were resigned to waiting the hour. But then someone gave a CM an extra FASTPASS to give to someone, I happened to be standing right next to him, he asked if we were a party of two, then stamped the single FP with "YETI" and told us to tell the next CM that "Nick says it's okay."

Incredible pixie dust! There was literally no one in the FP queue, so we walked immediately through to loading. After the ride, yes, I felt like the ride was missing a lot of backstory, I felt like there were just things I didn't understand. With that in mind, if I'm in the same situation again next November, you bet your pants I'll take the FP and remain ignorant of the ride's backstory rather than wait in line for an hour with an antsy 6 year old!

Comment

Originally posted by goofgeek View Post
                            I feel everyone should wait in standby at least once to really get the full experience. Much like Indiana Jones, there is a lot to look at, but thats mostly because youll be waiting in line for about and hour or more. The Fastpass obviously has an abbreviated version of stuff and a few things the Standby line doesn't. If you have time and dont mind waiting, take the standby line, if not, just go with the fastpass.

But with fast passes on Indiana Jones Adventure, you still go through the same temple just the same... albeit it's a quicker walk through than standby.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

You go through the fastpass one so fast, it doesn't matter what's there.
                              "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X