Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the 50's show at WDW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What was the 50's show at WDW?

    I was watching the old TV special "Follow Us to Walt Disney World" and in the opening number there are 5 cast members dressed in 50's attire (poodle skirts, leather jackets etc) and I'm wondering what show that was. I visited the park annually back around the time this was filmed and I don't remember anything like this. Was it a dinner show at one of the hotels? The performers from Broadway at the Top are also represented so I know it wasn't at the Contemporary.

    Thanks!
    Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

  • #2
    Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

    I have been visiting WDW regularly since 1972 and I can honestly NOT remember a 50's show from there in the past. Have you any idea exactly around what time that TV special was broadcasted? The only thing I can think of it with a 50's theme back in the days was "Blast to the Past" at DL, and "American Oldies" event at TDL. I can not come up with an answer for WDW, so I am wondering if this opening number you are refering wasn't something done especially for this TV show. Can you at least recognize where this dancing number occurs? On a stage or street??

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

      The number is made up of all the different entertainers at WDW - Hoop De Doo, Broadway at the Top, The Kids of the Kingdom, the characters, and the entertainers in World Showcase are all represented so it leads me to believe that this must have been a show at the resort at some point. The special was taped in 1984 and it appears that that section was filmed indoors onstage with a set.
      Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

        Originally posted by theaterbear View Post
        The number is made up of all the different entertainers at WDW - Hoop De Doo, Broadway at the Top, The Kids of the Kingdom, the characters, and the entertainers in World Showcase are all represented so it leads me to believe that this must have been a show at the resort at some point. The special was taped in 1984 and it appears that that section was filmed indoors onstage with a set.
        I don't know. From that description, it sounds like it might have been produced specifically for the television special. They did stuff like that all the time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

          Originally posted by theaterbear View Post
          I was watching the old TV special "Follow Us to Walt Disney World" and in the opening number there are 5 cast members dressed in 50's attire (poodle skirts, leather jackets etc) and I'm wondering what show that was. I visited the park annually back around the time this was filmed and I don't remember anything like this. Was it a dinner show at one of the hotels? The performers from Broadway at the Top are also represented so I know it wasn't at the Contemporary.

          Thanks!
          well, i know about the 50's prime time cafe, where u are in a 50's home setting with waiters dressed as an embarassing mom, dad, annoying siblings, it is one heck of a show ROFL. but u will get embarassed at one point dirung your meal. LOL
          ADD ME.[:


          WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
          1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
          2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
          3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
          4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
          5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
          6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
          7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
          8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
          9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
          AND FINALLY...
          10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

          M-U-H Muhfukka.
          [:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

            Originally posted by evanescence4ever View Post
            well, i know about the 50's prime time cafe, where u are in a 50's home setting with waiters dressed as an embarassing mom, dad, annoying siblings, it is one heck of a show ROFL. but u will get embarassed at one point dirung your meal. LOL
            But the Prime time cafe didn't open until 1989, when the Studios did. Since this was filmed in 1984, it can't be that. Seems to be made specifically for the show. Where could they have filmed it with a set though? Can you tell which location it was filmed at?
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

              Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              But the Prime time cafe didn't open until 1989, when the Studios did. Since this was filmed in 1984, it can't be that. Seems to be made specifically for the show. Where could they have filmed it with a set though? Can you tell which location it was filmed at?
              well, it was the closest to anything involving the 50's that i know

              I had an epiphany! how can there be a WDW 50's show if wdw did not open until 1971? WDW was not even mentioned to the world until the sixties... hmm...
              Last edited by evanescence4ever; 02-25-2007, 06:09 PM.
              ADD ME.[:


              WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
              1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
              2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
              3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
              4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
              5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
              6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
              7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
              8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
              9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
              AND FINALLY...
              10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

              M-U-H Muhfukka.
              [:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What was the 50's show at WDW?

                Originally posted by evanescence4ever View Post
                well, it was the closest to anything involving the 50's that i know

                I had an epiphany! how can there be a WDW 50's show if wdw did not open until 1971? WDW was not even mentioned to the world until the sixties... hmm...
                I think the poster meant it was a show in WDW themed to the 50's.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X