• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sealsm
    Main Street with a friend
    • Feb 2006

AKL Tips

I'm heading off to WDW in May. We called about getting AP rooms at the WL and they were all sold out! You know how I :love: the WL, but won't be able to stay there with the AP rate. In fact, the only delux resort with AP rooms still available was the AKL, so that will be our home away from home in May.

Never having stayed there, I was wondering if those AKL veterans could give me some tips on what not to miss during my stay. Thanks!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney
  • EvilQueenRocks
    Yes?
    • Aug 2006

Re: AKL Tips

My family and I will be staying there for 4 days in March. We are going to be staying on the concierge level since we got the good AP rate. Keep an eye out for my trip report when I return or if you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them then. We have stayed at AKL before and next to WL it is our favorite. As far as what not to miss...the resort itself. Take your time to walk around, explore and relax. It is just such a relaxing resort. Did you get a savannah view room?
    Originally posted by larasound
    am I the burrito man?

Comment

• Pizzapants
      Inappropriate
      • Mar 2005

Hey i'll be staying there at the end of May too!

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

• sealsm
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
        Did you get a savannah view room?
        I will certainly keep an eye out for your TR. That will be awesome. No savannah view - we got a pool view, which should be nice, too.
        - Walt Disney

Comment

• sealsm
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
          Hey i'll be staying there at the end of May too!
          I'm there May 12th-18th. What are your days?
          - Walt Disney

Comment

• Pizzapants
            Inappropriate
            • Mar 2005

26th-29th. How do you know what view you got already? I got my room as part of the 4day on land 3 day at sea cruise package and it didn't really go in depth on our hotel room.

Click the banner! ^^^^
            Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• EvilQueenRocks
              Yes?
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
              26th-29th. How do you know what view you got already? I got my room as part of the 4day on land 3 day at sea cruise package and it didn't really go in depth on our hotel room.
              The room type should be on your reservation paperwork that you got from Disney, if you received any in the mail. Did you book directly through Disney or a travel agent? Sometimes when you book through a travel agent you won't know until you get there.
              Originally posted by larasound
              am I the burrito man?

Comment

• mikeland
                World Traveler
                • May 2005

You will love the AKL!

Comment

• Pizzapants
                  Inappropriate
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                  The room type should be on your reservation paperwork that you got from Disney, if you received any in the mail. Did you book directly through Disney or a travel agent? Sometimes when you book through a travel agent you won't know until you get there.
                  Nah I booked it myself through Disney. My papers just say room category: standard.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                  Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• SorcererMickey
                    WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
                    • Nov 2006

When I stayed there I had a standard view. I had a view of the savannah, though. I loved it there. It was definately Disney property but at the same time it felt like a different vacation. We had our "day" vacation and then our "night" vacation. The restaurants are wonderful!

Comment

• lisaboo
                      xmanmom
                      • Jan 2006

We had a pool view room when we went last fall and it was nice. You can still see the animals if you go out to the overlooks or just walk down the guestroom hallways of the savanna view rooms. In fact, doing just that got us the best view of three giraffes feeding one night. We just sat on the floor and watched them for a good 15 minutes. If you go out to the overlooks at certain times of the night there will be a guide there (most likely from Africa) who can give you night vision googles to view the animals and will tell you about their experiences living in Africa.

Don't miss just hanging out in the lobby and soaking in the music and atmosphere. Go outside and sit by the firepits, sometimes they even do storytelling around the fire. Let the kids do some of the activities like the carving rubbings or animal games. Most of all DON'T MISS BOMA!!

Have a fabulous time. We did!

Comment

• TDR_Fan
                        MiceChatter
                        • Feb 2006

The Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of my favorite resorts at Walt Disney World. We had a Savannah view, and it was simply wonderful. From our balcony, we could see various types of wildlife such as zebras and antelopes or impalas.

Like others have mentioned, I would definitely take the time to explore the lobby as it is one of the more beautiful resorts on property. So much detail! My only complaint would be its distance away from everything else, including Animal Kingdom park.
                        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

• Pizzapants
                          Inappropriate
                          • Mar 2005

what kind of food does Boma serve? So many people talk it up and it has me interested and i'm a sucker for food.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                          Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• SorcererMickey
                            WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
                            • Nov 2006

Here's a link with an updated menu, just scroll down to resorts. Boma does change daily, I believe, but it's got so much you'll definately like something.

Comment

• sealsm
                              • Feb 2006

Thanks for the info guys. We've eaten at Boma before. I really enjoyed it, but my Mother was not a fan, so I don't know if we will be repeating it.
                              - Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X