This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party in August

Pirates and Princess parties will be back in August. Possibly Mid August to end of September, then in October is the Not So Scary Halloween and then December the Verry Merry parties.

I seriously doubt the free dining plan thing will be returning

Comment

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
      I thought you didn't like MNSSH thing because of how the undead tear up the walkway with their sparking shovel dancing.
      I do enjoy the parties (both Halloween and Xmas, even though I too find they are excesively overpriced for what they are) but I do dislike the shovel dance on the parade. Anthing that causes physical damage to the park should not be done, even for entertainment purposes.

Comment

figment and kate(eeyore'snumber1fan) went to the party last night and several cms told them that the party was indeed coming back for august. I think it's a good idea just timing isn't right. of course going from princesses to halloween to christmas might also be a bit expensive for some folks.

Comment

My worries are that any special event done too often ceases to remain special, no matter what disguise it's dressed in.

Might we some kind of extra-cost event every month of the year in the near future? I hope not.

I absolutely love MNSSHP for what it is and it's limited run makes it so the freshness remains year after year. But having these "parties" run right up against each other may very well (to borrow a phrase) cannibalize each other. Now the fact that WDW's base constituency is made up of vacationers and tourists may not impact attendance at either of these parties. That seems to be WDW management's attitude for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            I do enjoy the parties (both Halloween and Xmas, even though I too find they are excesively overpriced for what they are) but I do dislike the shovel dance on the parade. Anthing that causes physical damage to the park should not be done, even for entertainment purposes.
            I agree... ESPECIALLY for the Christmas party. So if it wasn't for my love of characters... I might have a different opinion on the parties. :cwink:

Comment

Originally posted by NatdRat View Post
              My worries are that any special event done too often ceases to remain special, no matter what disguise it's dressed in.

Might we some kind of extra-cost event every month of the year in the near future? I hope not.

I absolutely love MNSSHP for what it is and it's limited run makes it so the freshness remains year after year. But having these "parties" run right up against each other may very well (to borrow a phrase) cannibalize each other. Now the fact that WDW's base constituency is made up of vacationers and tourists may not impact attendance at either of these parties. That seems to be WDW management's attitude for a while now.
              Too bad the states don't have the budget or monitary distribution foresight that OLC has. Their special events are pretty much back-to-back with each other (give or take a few), and they still manage to be fresh and interesting, as well as fun. I think they are just rubbing salt in our eyes when you realize that these events don't cost anything extra, barring a few special events like Club Disney and the Dramatic DisneySea Concerts.
              WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

It is official, the Pirate and Princess Parties will be returning in August. The dates have not been set yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                  It is official, the Pirate and Princess Parties will be returning in August. The dates have not been set yet.
                  wait, disney is doing it the other way around? officially saying its coming, but we don't know when...

they should know the dates before saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                    wait, disney is doing it the other way around? officially saying its coming, but we don't know when...

they should know the dates before saying it.

Hmmmm lets see here, Soviet Union, Spain, Israel, Mount Fuji, Roger Rabbit Ride, Muppet Movie Ride, Beastly Kingdom, Monorail to Downtown Disney, Venetian Resort, Persian Resort.

These were all things announced too by Disney with no official dates.

In regards to the Pirate and Princess Party, it has been announced to teh Cast that the parties are returning in August on select nights. The dates have yet to be determined.

One thing people need to remember, Disney World's hours can change at any moment without notice. It states that "hours of Operation are subject to change at any time"

Comment

the website also says its returning..

now if only we could get the Spain and roger rabbit attraction open, a decade behind schedule!

Comment

I hope it comes back, do to I have co-workers would like to attend the event.

Comment

Working...
                        X