X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Back in Anger?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHtGPSqt9Sg[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Look Back in Anger?

It's sad that some of those ideas never made it past the concept stage.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Sadly I'm sure they did keep us updated. DopplV was just telling me about this video too so thanks for linking it. So many great ideas for The Disney-MGM Studios... maybe someday they will become real now that Disney can do more with the Muppets. Sadly after Jim Henson's death they couldn't do anything so I know that is what stopped those part from becoming a reality.

Comment

What year was this program? It is interesting to hear that the Soviet Union was the most requested addition. I wonder if that request is the same today.
        "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
        - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by sealsm View Post
          What year was this program? It is interesting to hear that the Soviet Union was the most requested addition. I wonder if that request is the same today.

Comment

I remember watching that, and other Dateline Disney segments. I used to love when they would come on.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

I LOVE the idea of that Muppet moviemaking ride...It would be in keeping with the MGM theme, too, wouldn't it?
              They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

A Matterhorn?!?! I am glad that didn't happen. I like it in Disneyland. I miss Jim Henson THe Muppet Movie ride would have been awesome.
                "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Originally posted by sealsm View Post
                  It is my request for a new country. I think building a miniature Kremlin would look very cool. They know the Kremlin is cool, it is prominently displayed on the globe during Illuminations

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

Originally posted by naumoney View Post
                    It is my request for a new country. I think building a miniature Kremlin would look very cool. They know the Kremlin is cool, it is prominently displayed on the globe during Illuminations
                    Do you really mean the Kremiln or do you mean St. Basil's? (St. Basil's is the building with all the colorful onion domes).

From Wikipedia:

Saint Basil's Cathedral should never be confused with the Moscow Kremlin, which is situated right next to it on Red Square. It is not at all a part of the Moscow Kremlin. However, many publications do make the mistake of calling this structure the Kremlin. The misconception has inadvertently been reinforced by Western television journalists, who have often stood in front of St. Basil's during their reports.

Comment

Holy Crap, I just watched it. How depressing!

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
                        Do you really mean the Kremiln or do you mean St. Basil's? (St. Basil's is the building with all the colorful onion domes).
                        Wow, I'm a dummy. I always thought that was the Kremlin.) But that is what I meant.
                        Thanks!

Comment

well the soviet union has been a thing of the past for several years now. of course putin would like to bring it back but I don't think he will get his way. also with the instabilities in russia, I am doubtful there would be money to build. i must admit a russian restaurant would be interesting and would also wonder what kind of attraction they would put in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                            well the soviet union has been a thing of the past for several years now. of course putin would like to bring it back but I don't think he will get his way. also with the instabilities in russia, I am doubtful there would be money to build. i must admit a russian restaurant would be interesting and would also wonder what kind of attraction they would put in it.
                            No attractions, just shops and a restaurant, like the U.K, Italy, Germany and Japan.

Comment

No attractions, just shops and a restaurant, like the U.K, Italy, Germany and Japan.
                              Whoa! Let's not be too sure of ourselves there.

From the Opus Archives...read the caption from an early Eisner/Wells era photo from a "Team Disney" brochure given at one of those dog and pony update shows to Cast Members (used to love those things):

As you can read, both an AA show a la American Adventure, and a ride through were planned at that point. I had seen some of the work they had done on all that back then. Looked pretty interesting.

Most all of the stuff I ever saw had it called "Russia" even while the Soviet Union still existed. Although I also saw reference to Soviet Union on occasion...though I think it may have just been confusion on the part of some. Or perhaps they temporarily renamed it Soviet Union in some attempt to get government sponsorship at some point? That I just don't know.

Comment

That same article was also seen in the Disney Magazine.
                                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                                  Whoa! Let's not be too sure of ourselves there.

From the Opus Archives...read the caption from an early Eisner/Wells era photo from a "Team Disney" brochure given at one of those dog and pony update shows to Cast Members (used to love those things):

As you can read, both an AA show a la American Adventure, and a ride through were planned at that point. I had seen some of the work they had done on all that back then. Looked pretty interesting.

Most all of the stuff I ever saw had it called "Russia" even while the Soviet Union still existed. Although I also saw reference to Soviet Union on occasion...though I think it may have just been confusion on the part of some. Or perhaps they temporarily renamed it Soviet Union in some attempt to get government sponsorship at some point? That I just don't know.
                                  Yeah....that was then...would be nice...what do you think Jay Rasulo and current WDW management would do today? :croll:

Comment

Yeah....that was then...would be nice...what do you think Jay Rasulo and current WDW management would do today? :croll:
                                    Oops. Sorry about that. I may have misread the question and your answer. I thought your answer was to what they had planned for it back then. Not what likely would be built today. Apologies.

Comment

Yes...I'm looking back in anger. Well, disgruntledness at least. I was working there when all of this was going on. It was an exciting time.

Comment

A whole pavillion of "Where Dreams Come True" swilry do-dads?! *screams in excitement at the thought!* . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                        X