This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansion Refurb Confirmed

Mansion has just been confirmed to go down for rehab from June 6th through Sep 12. Just fyi!

Re: Mansion Refurb Confirmed

Where did this official confirmation come from? Not that I don't believe you because I've been hearing it for a long time, just wondering where the official confirmation is?

Comment

Found it. Just pull up the operational hours for June and it shows...

OPERATIONAL UPDATES
      • The Haunted Mansion: Closed for Refurbishment [June 6, 2007 to June 30, 2007]

If you look at each month it shows the Mansion being in refurb.
      Here's a link ot the July page for an example.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...&date=20070701

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
        Where did this official confirmation come from? Not that I don't believe you because I've been hearing it for a long time, just wondering where the official confirmation is?
        Not a problem. Disneyworld.com of course!

Comment

Finally! It's about time!
          "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
          - Walt Disney

Comment

Thank the Disney Gods for this rehab. It doesnt matter that they are doing this during the busy season. That ride is in need of attention BIG TIME. The audio on most of the doombuggies is muffled and a lot of distortion comes in. Most of everything is out of sync, especially the graveyard area. This ride has been in need for improvement for many years now. I can't remember the last time I rode this without it stopping because of some technical difficulty.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

Supposedly, Haunted Mansion is the first in a long line of Disneyland level refurbishments at Magic Kingdom. According to rumor, it is hoped that in a few years Magic Kingdom will be on par with Disneyland in terms of quality, upgrades, and attraction upkeep!

Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain will hopefully be next.

Comment

While it is a bummer that many people on their summer vacations won't get to enjoy it, I think we should try and keep the complaining to a minimum. I mean, part (key word being part) of the reason that WDW is so hesitant to give good, length refurbs, is because their visitors are so unforgiving compared to the other parks. Plus, any more there's never a low season at WDW, especially MK.
                - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                  Supposedly, Haunted Mansion is the first in a long line of Disneyland level refurbishments at Magic Kingdom. According to rumor, it is hoped that in a few years Magic Kingdom will be on par with Disneyland in terms of quality, upgrades, and attraction upkeep!

Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain will hopefully be next.
                  Then they need to close POTC and gut it and rebuild it to make it on par with DL's and DLP's with two drops, the missing scenes, and a Blue Lagoon restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by tbminnie View Post
                    when are you going to be there?
                    End of July, beginning of August.

Comment

Yeah there are but

A) I wasn't planning on returning to WDW anytime soon after this trip.
                      B) HM is one of my top three most favorite Disney attractions and...
                      C) Like I said I haven't been on the Florida version in more years than you can imagine.
                      Maybe if you stay at the values this trip you can afford to go back sooner and see it changed.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                        Maybe if you stay at the values this trip you can afford to go back sooner and see it changed.
                        It's not a matter of affording.

Comment

they have been slowly working on HM for some time now. everytime I have ridden it, I see something upgraded or fixed. but I think they have to go down in order to replace the sound system and whatever major stuff they want to do. POTC is fine in my view. it doesnt have to be exactly like DL, as a matter of fact I like how even the attractions we have at WDW are a bit different from the DL ones otherwise no need to go to any other parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                            they have been slowly working on HM for some time now. everytime I have ridden it, I see something upgraded or fixed. but I think they have to go down in order to replace the sound system and whatever major stuff they want to do. POTC is fine in my view. it doesnt have to be exactly like DL, as a matter of fact I like how even the attractions we have at WDW are a bit different from the DL ones otherwise no need to go to any other parks.
                            I don't know about POTC...it's almost universally derided at the worst version ever, a shortchanged version...when they built the one in Paris, they did new creative things, while still keeping some of the old...MK's pirates was an unplanned rush job. I mean, it's missing whole scenes!

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
                              I don't know about POTC...it's almost universally derided at the worst version ever, a shortchanged version...when they built the one in Paris, they did new creative things, while still keeping some of the old...MK's pirates was an unplanned rush job. I mean, it's missing whole scenes!
                              It's not really missing anything, because they were never included in the first place, you must have something first, before you can lose it . POTC at Magic Kingdom is kind of a lasting tribute to what happens when Disney acts impulsively on guest criticism. Not only did the quick build of POTC give us a smaller and more cliffs notes version of the great DL attraction, but it also killed the Western River Expedition.

I for one would be happy to just see a sound upgrade and some more AA's. I guess I would also like to see the talking skull and crossbones come back, but in DL form, not the tacky caves form. I'm not really sure where they could put it to make better theatrical cohesion, but I'm sure WDI could come up with something.

Overall, I'd like to see Space Mountain get a major upgrade before POTC. Even though Pirates is short, it's still fun and is a good draw. Space Mountain is fun too, but it's sorry state of theming is really pathetic.
                              In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
                                I I guess I would also like to see the talking skull and crossbones come back, but in DL form,
                                You've got to be kidding me, that was taken out????? Dear God, what are these people on?

Comment

Originally posted by sealsm View Post
                                  Finally! It's about time!
                                  You stole what I was gonna say!

Comment

It's about time, but is kind of sad that it's going to be closed the entire summer. Right now it's scheduled to open back up September 12, two days before the rumored start of Not-So-Scary, so they're really pushing it.

Glad to see that though... love the ride, but it definitely has seen better days.
                                    WDW College Program Alumni
                                    May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
                                    May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
                                    Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorwingel View Post
                                      It's about time, but is kind of sad that it's going to be closed the entire summer. Right now it's scheduled to open back up September 12, two days before the rumored start of Not-So-Scary, so they're really pushing it.

Glad to see that though... love the ride, but it definitely has seen better days.
                                      Even if it closed a different time, there would still be tons of people complaining. It's a lose-lose.

Comment

Thank God, I'll be there before it goes down...missing the HM would be so sad. I LOVE that ride. It's been my fav since I was little. NOw, I REALLY want to go back at the end of this year to see it new and shiny.

Comment

Working...
                                        X