X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mansion Refurb Confirmed

Originally posted by Rugrats2001 View Post
    then decides on 90 days notice that they will take down a major attraction NOT on the verge of failure, for the entire summer, AFTER the vast majority of guests have made non-cancellable, non-changeable plans.
    What do you define as verge of failure? Besides, Disney actually tried that approach and it resulted in a man being killed on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland. Maintenance followed Pressler's "Ride these rides to failure." The Haunted Mansion has essentially become a walk-on. It is a joke. The audio is barely audible. The graveyard is so dark you can barely see anything except the skrims they are trying to hide. Everything at Disney is always subject to change. Maintenance can't always be planned half a year in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
      Maintenance can't always be planned half a year in advance.
      true, but this was planned ahead of time most likely.. i would be surprised if it was planned prior but had to get a bump... which bumped back other attraction's rehabs...

Disney doesn't like closing more than one e-ticket attraction at a time, and if they do/.. they get complaints.

(waits for space to close and hear the mass complaints that it was closed during their visit.. and get the cast to remind them Disneyland's was closed for how many Years..)

Comment

I'm sure getting work started on The Haunted Mansion has been on the table for some time. I would hope Disney recognizes that with Walt Disney World it is best to announce sooner rather than later. Based on that I think the dates were only just recently settled on, but I could be giving them too much credit.

Comment

It's either do it now, or do it later. I'm all for now.

Comment

Well this sucks. While I am happy for the refurb, I am planning to go in July and it'll be closed by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathius View Post
              It's either do it now, or do it later. I'm all for now.
              I thought this was later? The Haunted Mansion has need work for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
                All I can say is.....talk about out of left field. Care to explain?
                We're having some issues with the integrity of the building at Peter Pan's Flight... mainly the roof. Nothing to be alarmed about, but a rehab will happen very soon.
                -Dr. Nigel Channing
                "We don't know anything... that can't be imagined."

"Keep Moving Forward"

Comment

hmmm maybe the termites got a bit hungry.... pan hasn't been down for a major overhawl for some time now. actually i remember the last time in the early 90s to add fiberoptics into the ride i think...

Comment

It has nothing to do with termites. It has everything to do with pirate ships that hang from the roof.

Why don't you hang a pirate ship from your roof and see if your house survives!?
                    -Dr. Nigel Channing
                    "We don't know anything... that can't be imagined."

"Keep Moving Forward"

Comment

hah hah I always thought that MY vision and hearing was the problem when riding Haunted Mansion! Let's hope they put in speakers you can hear, and stronger black lights!

And please, Dear Lord... let Space Mountain be next!
                      It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

I'll be in WDW June 23-30 and it's disappointing to hear that HM will be closed

Why are they doing the refurb in the summer?
                        sigpic
                        "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Comment

Originally posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
                          Why are they doing the refurb in the summer?
                          The Haunted Mansion has needed work for some time now. My guess was that the green light was finally given and this was the soonest it was felt could be done in terms of getting everything together and giving people some heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                            And you would be saying the exact same thing about it when you waited in line for it and got in a Doom Buggy to find it had no audio.
                            Not on the verge of failure? Well to each thier own I suppose.
                            How hard would it be to have an electrical crew go in after closing and swap out the audio components on, say, 10 or 15 doombuggies each night until they are all replaced? I'm not looking forward to HM 2.0 - I like the way it has been since it was new. It isn't Madden 2007 or Halo 3 - it is a timeless classic that in no way needs 'updating' to new visual technology or effects, just basic maintenance and audio clean-up. Lasers, LEDS, advanced holograms, etc., aren't the way to go. It is supposed to be fun - not convince you that ghosts are real.

rugrats2001

Comment

Its not cost effective to work in little spurts for extended periods of time. Plus, they also need to clean, replace worn parts, fix up the scrims that have stretched over time, etc
                              Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                              Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                              Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Rugrats, you may want to do some research on Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. We're looking at a new audio system, and possibly the floating Madame Leota and Constance. That's about it for new items. The scrims need to be replaced and the AAs are far too easy to hear moving.

Comment

I know it is necessary... but it makes me sad since I am coming to Disney this summer with a first timer.. and I really wanted to show her this ride pretty badly. I hope they complete by August but it looks unlikely, we will just have to come back again to ride the updated ride.

Disney: true inspiration!

Comment

The state of the attraction is hardly anything worth showing a first timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugrats2001 View Post
                                      How hard would it be to have an electrical crew go in after closing and swap out the audio components on, say, 10 or 15 doombuggies each night until they are all replaced? I'm not looking forward to HM 2.0 - I like the way it has been since it was new. It isn't Madden 2007 or Halo 3 - it is a timeless classic that in no way needs 'updating' to new visual technology or effects, just basic maintenance and audio clean-up. Lasers, LEDS, advanced holograms, etc., aren't the way to go. It is supposed to be fun - not convince you that ghosts are real.
                                      I have to completely disagree with you. The ride does need upgrading of technology, Even just to keep it fun. It's not fun when you can see the strings holding up the instruments in the Seance room or when you can see shadows and ruffles on the scrim in the graveyard. And the expanding room isn't fun when you can see all the paintings unrolling, and they're damaged and bent.
                                      The whole thing needs work, the lighting is so bad, you can see everything you aren't supposed to see and can't see half the stuff you're supposed to. In addition, everything is in crap condition, even the vehicles. The one I was in yesterday was whipping back and forth every time it turned. I am a child of disneyland, when I came here I was severely disappointed. (You can't see the ceiling and walls there!) This refurb is one of the best things to happen here in a long time, and if they add some effects, thats good too, little kids today aren't impressed.
                                      and if you are a CM, you'll recognize me as the guy running around yelling "June 6th!" to every CM. (Yes, I did that)

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
                                        It has nothing to do with termites. It has everything to do with pirate ships that hang from the roof.

Why don't you hang a pirate ship from your roof and see if your house survives!?
                                        the building would survive just fine. but like i said before it's been over 10 years since pan went down for major work. at the time they did it they replaced the track and updated some of the effects. I love pan but i think it needs to be updated in many ways like adding aa's instead of "statues" and having tink fly through scenes and even have a bit of pixie dust twinkling through. but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                        X