Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

How do you say it?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you say it?

    Walt Disney World, Disney World, or Disney? What's your favorite way to say it?

    Being a lifelong Disneylander I like to use the term "Disney World", as opposed to Disneyland. One's a land, the other is a world. However I notice that a lot of Floridians use the term "Disney", which I'm not crazy about, as here in CA Disney can refer to the actual Studios.

    What's your favorite? Any other favorite names?


  • #2
    Re: How do you say it?

    I say "Disney World" to people familiar with the various Disney Parks. If I'm talking about WDW to people who don't know much about Disney, I'll sometimes say "Disney World in Florida". A lot of people I know don't understand the difference between DL and WDW, only that one is in Florida and the other in California.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How do you say it?

      I say Disney World also.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How do you say it?

        I always say Walt Disney World, well always is an overstatement. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry when I'm talking I will just say Disney World, but I try

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How do you say it?

          I call the one in Florida "The World" and the one in California Disneyland or D-Land.
          susi

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How do you say it?

            I too say "Walt Disney World". In my mind "Disney World" is the Magic Kindom ("Disneyland East"), EPCOT, the industrial park, and the Airport of the Future.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How do you say it?

              Originally posted by Pacha View Post
              I say "Disney World" to people familiar with the various Disney Parks. If I'm talking about WDW to people who don't know much about Disney, I'll sometimes say "Disney World in Florida". A lot of people I know don't understand the difference between DL and WDW, only that one is in Florida and the other in California.
              Can you believe that anyone could confuse the two?? Although, the native Californians in my family all think that Disneyworld is only the Magic Kingdom. Like the whole property (all 43 sq miles) is Disneyland, only in Florida.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How do you say it?

                Disney World.



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How do you say it?

                  I say Disney World. If I ever say it, which is um....never. But if I said it out loud to someone I would say Disney World.

                  If I type it, it's WDW.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How do you say it?

                    How do you say it?
                    It rhymes with spit.

                    Or twit.

                    Or quit.

                    Thats how I say "it".

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How do you say it?

                      if I am talking about the whole resort it's walt disney world, if I am talking about a specific park it's Magic kingdom,MGM,Epcot,or animal kingdom

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How do you say it?

                        The Walt Disney World Resort. :cwink:


                        And yes, I'm a geek and I say "resort" often. :geek:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How do you say it?

                          Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                          Walt Disney World, Disney World, or Disney? What's your favorite way to say it?

                          Being a lifelong Disneylander I like to use the term "Disney World", as opposed to Disneyland. One's a land, the other is a world. However I notice that a lot of Floridians use the term "Disney", which I'm not crazy about, as here in CA Disney can refer to the actual Studios.

                          What's your favorite? Any other favorite names?


                          Disney World when I am talking about the whole thing - resorts, theme parks, water parks, downtown disney, golfing, etc.

                          Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, etc etc when talking about particulars


                          -dave
                          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How do you say it?

                            Dizzy World

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How do you say it?

                              Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              Dizzy World
                              HA! Dizleyland or, Dinneyland.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: How do you say it?

                                I usually just say 'Disney World'.... but from time to time, I say Walt Disney World.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: How do you say it?

                                  I usually call it Disney World around most people, but around my family and friends I just call it Disney since they know I never go to Disneyland.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: How do you say it?

                                    I am a Disneylander myself. I hear people sometimes refer to Disneyland as the Magic Kingdom which is correct, but more accurately it should be referred to as Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom. Being the only park for 46 years people do not feel a necessity to refer to it exclusively as the Magic Kingdom -- that is more like a nickname (that, and the Happiest Place on Earth).

                                    Personally I rarely refer to Disneyland as the Magic Kingdom, but I do refer to the Disneyland-like park at WDW as the Magic Kingdom.

                                    Going back on topic, I say either Walt Disney World or Disney World.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: How do you say it?

                                      I say MK, Studios, Dak, Epcot, Poly, Contemp, Flo, and most importantly, the institute.
                                      -Dr. Nigel Channing
                                      "We don't know anything... that can't be imagined."

                                      "Keep Moving Forward"

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: How do you say it?

                                        Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                                        Can you believe that anyone could confuse the two?? Although, the native Californians in my family all think that Disneyworld is only the Magic Kingdom. Like the whole property (all 43 sq miles) is Disneyland, only in Florida.
                                        I hear you on that! Heck, a good number of people I know go to WDW every year and don't know the true name of the place. They say stuff like, "Going to Disneyland resort in Florida again" or "Going to Disney Florida this year". )

                                        I've learned to not let it bother me and not to correct those people - don't need to know much about Disney to enjoy the Disney magic, right?

                                        Anyway, back OT...

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X