This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan's "Meet the World" at EPCOT

Why was the "Meet the World" attraction never built for the Japan pavillion? It was planned and they even built, I think, the beginnings of show building for it. These big doors.....

What happened?

Re: Japan's "Meet the World" at EPCOT

I beleive it was budget more than anything else. But, maybe someone who knows more concretely can say for certain.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Re: Japan's "Meet the World" at EPCOT

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
      Why was the "Meet the World" attraction never built for the Japan pavilion? It was planned and they even built, I think, the beginnings of show building for it. These big doors.....

What happened?
      They may have planned on a "Meet The World" attraction at some point, but by the time they built Japan the concept was for a much bigger and different attraction. The show building you mention was indeed built and is still there. And it is MASSIVE in size. Much bigger than they would have ever needed for Meet the World. I seem to recall both a Mt. Fuji ride and also a ride through...but they might have been one and the same (an attraction that started off ride-through and ended up thrill ride). I recall seeing a concept drawing for a bullet train segment in something for the Japan pavilion. Might have been a segment for the ride-through.

Not saying Meet the World might not have been part of the plan also. Just pretty sure it was never slated for that huge show building (used as warehouse space now).

I've got some stuff in the Opus Archives on it...but no idea when I might stumble upon it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X