This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images from EPCOT's Illuminations

Well on the last trip.. I tried experimenting with trying to get some photos of the Illuminations show. First, I'm doing everything you could possibly do wrong, so the fact I get anything is quite impressive Small Point and Shoot Camera, no Tripod, and experimenting with exposure and ISO settings to get something.

Because I had no tripod, and was only trying to use my chest or the rail as a stabalizer.. I wasn't able to get most of the higher aerials in the shots. So most of my shots are of the fountains, the globe and the lower shells. Trust me, there is more higher aerials that I didn't get in the shots. But for anyone who hasn't seen this show, these might be some teasers for you.

The whole photo set (well not all the ones I took.. that would be really boring ) are at http://crackaddict.com/~flynn/disney/epcot

Ok, here are some highlights

The start of the show includes the infamous flame barge. Of course, taking photos of a fire, at night = impossible for a hack like me, but here's a shot. To give you an idea.. take a look at the buildings/trees in the background to the left and look at how illuminated they are. When the barge goes off.. you can even feel the heat blast.

Aerials over the fire bursts

Fountains and flares burning on the water's surface are also elements seen throughout the show

The globe has made it's entrance. It starts the show on the edge of the lagoon near the American Adventure and makes its way out to the middle as part of the show

Colors in the fountains along with some aerials

Fountain bursts are also heavily used

Colors.. and the arching shooting stars

Some pulled back shots to get the aerials in

Action shot!

The globe opens to its 'flower' mode

The torch in the middle of the flower even becomes a launch point!

Build up to finale..

And here is a sequence of shots from the finale

Enjoy! The shots don't do the show justice.. but for those who haven't seen it themselves.. this helps a bit to understand some of the shot elements. More photos again at http://crackaddict.com/~flynn/disney/epcot
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: Images from EPCOT's Illuminations

Great pictures! I really like how you got the rainbow effect of the lights to photograph so nicely.

Comment

It looks to me like you did a great job of getting those shots. My pictures didn't come out that good.

Where were you watching the show from?
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
        Great pictures! I really like how you got the rainbow effect of the lights to photograph so nicely.
        thanks!

Word of advice for others though.. never try to photograph a fireworks show if you are looking to enjoy the show Focusing so much on trying to frame and time shots really keeps you from being able to watch it all.

The fountain element is unique in the wdw shows and I'm glad they photographed well. There are more of the fountains on the linked images and more I didn't upload either. Mostly of the same shots tho. I was using continuous shooting mode to try to get some that would be in focus.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
          It looks to me like you did a great job of getting those shots. My pictures didn't come out that good.

Where were you watching the show from?
          Thanks Dusty. I like watching off the bridge or plaza in front of Italy. Typically you can get a spot on the bridge pretty close to show time which gives you can unobstructed view. The negative, no place to sit. The plaza below the bridge has more areas to sit, but fills up earlier. That night, we walked right up, but you can see there were people to right of us. Here's a shot illustrating where I'm talking about.
          (from local.live.com)

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

Your photos brought back great memories for me. I was wishing that the soundtrack was playing while I was perusing your great photos. You may have a modest camera there, but your results are excellent.

Thanks for posting.
            Rick

Comment

Fantastic shots *sigh* makes me miss Epcot soooooo much.
              HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Great photos!!! I need a trip to WDW! I usually go to DL a couple of times each year.

Comment

These are amazing pictures!
                  You're right about not being able to enjoy the show while you are firing the trigger or filming the show. I had a perfect vantage point sitting on the fountain on the Venetian Island. I was trying to videotape the show but it came out terribly since I was not paying attention to the camera. The show is to overwhelming to do anything else but watch in awe.
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                  Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Working...
                  X