Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

    I just upgraded my family from Caribbean Beach to the Boarwalk for our 8 night stay in June. I really like the location and I have stayed there before without the kids. Has anyone stayed there with kids? Did you find the hotel to be family friendly?
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill




  • #2
    Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

    Hmmmm...I've never stayed there. This site, which is usually very reliable, says that it is family friendly...

    http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_bw.htm

    "The promise of entertainment and fun on the Boardwalk is great for families, or even fun-loving couples."

    Hope this helps! If not, I'm sure some Micechatter will chime in and give you an answer based on personal experience. Enjoy your trip!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

      We have stayed there as a family and it is very family friendly and fun. I think your kids will really enjoy it whether you are just taking in the atmosphere at night, renting a family bicycle, playing games, etc. When we went you could take your kids and there was a castmember leading like a kids fun dance party (I'm sorry I don't know what it was called exactly!) and it looked like fun.

      I'm sure when you check in they can give you all the information on the many things you can do! Enjoy your trip!
      Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
      https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

        We haven't stayed there but one of our best memories of our trip last summer was renting a surrey bike and riding around the Boardwalk, defintely fun. And one of the mini golf places, I think its Fantasia Gardens, is very pretty close to Boardwalk. Plus, the pool looks like something the kids would love!!



        Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

          We are thinking the location will be great for the kids, especially the older ones. We have ages 2,3,7, and 10 going. There are 10 people total going on the trip. I think the younger ones will like the lights on the boardwalk. I know the Boardwalk has a convention center so I wasn't sure if the clientelle was more business oriented or family. I didn't pay attention when I went with the hubby a couple years ago.
          "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

            Originally posted by tbminnie View Post
            We are thinking the location will be great for the kids, especially the older ones. We have ages 2,3,7, and 10 going. There are 10 people total going on the trip. I think the younger ones will like the lights on the boardwalk. I know the Boardwalk has a convention center so I wasn't sure if the clientelle was more business oriented or family. I didn't pay attention when I went with the hubby a couple years ago.
            Mine were almost 8 and almost 12 when we went last summer. They still talk about the surrey bike ride and the mini golfing I think you'll have a blast!



            Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

              Originally posted by tbminnie View Post
              I just upgraded my family from Caribbean Beach to the Boarwalk for our 8 night stay in June. I really like the location and I have stayed there before without the kids. Has anyone stayed there with kids? Did you find the hotel to be family friendly?

              All the Disney hotels are family friendly. However, I think that Boardwalk will be even better for you than Caribbean Beach. At Caribbean Beach, only the "Islands" near "Center Town" have easy access to food and the big pool. The others need to walk quite a distance or take a bus. You won't have those problems at Boardwalk, as everything is right there. Plus, you are walking distance to both MGM Studios and Epcot (or you can take a boat). The pool and game room at Boardwalk are also very nice.

              Here is a fun family trip. Take the boat to Epcot, have breakfast, then walk to the front of the park and take the monorails to Magic Kingdom. It is one of my favorite magic journeys at that resort. From resort to resort without any buses (I actually like to do this starting at MGM - boat to Epcot - Monorail to Magic Kingdom)
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

              Find us on Facebook:

              .

              How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Boardwalk Inn- Family Friendly?

                Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                All the Disney hotels are family friendly. However, I think that Boardwalk will be even better for you than Caribbean Beach. At Caribbean Beach, only the "Islands" near "Center Town" have easy access to food and the big pool. The others need to walk quite a distance or take a bus. You won't have those problems at Boardwalk, as everything is right there. Plus, you are walking distance to both MGM Studios and Epcot (or you can take a boat). The pool and game room at Boardwalk are also very nice.

                Here is a fun family trip. Take the boat to Epcot, have breakfast, then walk to the front of the park and take the monorails to Magic Kingdom. It is one of my favorite magic journeys at that resort. From resort to resort without any buses (I actually like to do this starting at MGM - boat to Epcot - Monorail to Magic Kingdom)
                That sounds like fun! Once I took the bus all the way around and my hubby got off at the first stop and he beat me to the room.
                "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill



                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X