This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a resort hotel

My fiance and I have pretty much decided on WDW/Orlando for our honeymoon in October, and now the task has come down to deciding on what resort hotel to book but there are SO MANY choices.

We'll be there for a week, Sun-Sat or Sat-Sun unsure completely yet but what resort hotel would you recommend?

Re: Recommend a resort hotel

I think it all depends on how much you want to spend.

Obviously for a Honeymoon you would want to avoid the Values as they aren't romantic ... AT ALL.

We stayed at Carribean last year and are staying there again in May. We enjoyed it very much and if you let them know it's your honeymoon, they will most likely get you a quiet area. Same pretty much goes for any other hotel.

If you can swing the Deluxe, go for Animal Kingdom, get the balcony with the view of the animals. I also think the Beach Club or Boardwalk look very nice.

And if you want to go totally upscale, go for the Grand Floridian, Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge.

Comment

Hmmm the Animal Kingdom one sounds perfect

What about the Dolphin? How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
        Hmmm the Animal Kingdom one sounds perfect

The beds are great - if that is what you are interested in but the theming is non-exisant. It is just a nice hotel. For Romance I sugest POFQ or the Poly.
        "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
        I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

The Dolphin is not technically a "Disney resort", though you probably won't a better centrally located place with close access to both Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios and Magic Kingdom is just a monorail ride away from Epcot.

Comment

Originally posted by ragrobyn View Post
            The beds are great - if that is what you are interested in but the theming is non-exisant. It is just a nice hotel. For Romance I sugest POFQ or the Poly.
            POFQ?

Comment

POFQ?
              Port Orleans French Quarter

Comment

I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside next month. I heard it's quiet nice so I'm looking forward to staying there (even though it's only for one night).

Comment

id recommend the Grand Floridian if this is something special like a Honeymoon....you know youre still at Disney, but there is typically less children at a place like GF. In addition, GF is very classy and beautiful with that laid back Florida style....I love it....its got a certain romantic quality with the Disney touch
                  sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                  Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

don't stay at any port Orleans hotels. They have really bad service( from my experience ). I suggest Fort Wilderness Hotel.

Comment

yeah....Fort Wilderness has its charm...nice and secluded...heh heh

Comment

French Quarter is really nice. For a Honeymoon I'd say the Polynesian because I LOVE it! It's so gorgeous and the beach can be quite romantic at night.

Comment

I also reccomend the Poly. It can be very romantic especially at night. The Grand Floridian is also very high on the list (and also the pocketbook) and as another poster said, more adult oriented with a major focus on Victorian Era romance.

Comment

I really think for a honeymoon, the Grand Floridian would be the best and most intimate

Disney: true inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by prince_david View Post
                              I really think for a honeymoon, the Grand Floridian would be the best and most intimate
                              most certainly agreed!! a little pricey, but hey, it is your honeymoon !! g for the gold!! im plan on getting married at the GF !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X