This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty Square Riverboat Track

Wondering if anyoen has photos of it. Not the building Magic Kingdom photos the current real life photos. I cant find it. I dont know if it's in the center of the track or the side or where lol. But if you have them can you please post. And for those of you that dont know this, this is a disney secret Liberty Square Riverboat in WDW is run on a track.

Re: Liberty Square Riverboat Track

It's not reallly a track, it's a guide rail, and it's in the center of the Rivers of America.

Comment

I have seen it.
      Years ago the whole river was drained and yes, the guide rail/track is in the middle. I don't think we have pictures.

Comment

You'd have to be pretty stupid if you thought that giant thing could make those turns without a track. Same with Jungle Cruise. But in all seriousness, I think there are some pictures of that over at Dis Pics. Not sure what year the lake was drained though.
        -Dr. Nigel Channing
        "We don't know anything... that can't be imagined."

"Keep Moving Forward"

Comment

I think it was '87 or '88

Comment

Perhaps, but I know it has been done much more recently than that.
            -Dr. Nigel Channing
            "We don't know anything... that can't be imagined."

"Keep Moving Forward"

Comment

the boat could make the turns without a track guide rail without a problem. The track is there to make sure it follows a certain path and no maniac skipper would try and crash the ship. The one problem the ships have is no way of stopping after starting. they have to reverse their engines to stop and if anyone knows about ships that can take awhile. At Disneyland there is a track also. I think every ride theres a track of some sort Motor boat cruise when Disneyland had them, subs, rivers of America, autopia
              I was a few minutes away from Hong Kong Disneyland and didn't make it but got this cool picture though

Comment

yea but at universal most things are free roaming

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor View Post
                  the boat could make the turns without a track guide rail without a problem. The track is there to make sure it follows a certain path and no maniac skipper would try and crash the ship. The one problem the ships have is no way of stopping after starting. they have to reverse their engines to stop and if anyone knows about ships that can take awhile. At Disneyland there is a track also. I think every ride theres a track of some sort Motor boat cruise when Disneyland had them, subs, rivers of America, autopia
                  Well the Keel Boats and obviously the canoes never had rails.

Comment

no......their cars are on robotic arms......oh wait that is USH....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Facnyface View Post
                      yea but at universal most things are free roaming
                      the boats to take you to the hotels are free roaming...

the boats to take you to Jurassic park from port of entree were free..

otherwise.. track...

most theme park attractions have a track for safety reasons... even boat attractions.

Comment

i forgot about keel boats canoes and rafts at Disneyland. I have never been to a theme park outside CA. Being in a merchant marine academy myself i can tell you that i have deep respect for the skippers on the keels when they were around and the rafts. it is hard to dock a boat in any sort of wake
                        I was a few minutes away from Hong Kong Disneyland and didn't make it but got this cool picture though

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor View Post
                          The only track in the River is for the big boats to run on, that is all, period, this myth must die.

Comment

Originally posted by Facnyface View Post
                            Wondering if anyoen has photos of it. Not the building Magic Kingdom photos the current real life photos. I cant find it. I dont know if it's in the center of the track or the side or where lol. But if you have them can you please post. And for those of you that dont know this, this is a disney secret Liberty Square Riverboat in WDW is run on a track.
                            Photos here

http://www.disneygeek.net/progress/r...&image_count=5

keep clicking next at the bottom for more

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                              Photos here

http://www.disneygeek.net/progress/r...&image_count=5

keep clicking next at the bottom for more
                              I only see pictures from Anaheim in that photo set

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X