This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic boards at DTD

Next time you drive into DTD on Buena Vista Drive, look for new electronic boards newly installed at intersections, which are designed to help deviate traffic to certain areas of the DTD parking lot, depending on availability of space or crowded conditions in the parking lots. These boards will advise guests if any particular section of the lot if full, and guide guests to "turn here" is a section of the lot is still available for parking. Not sure how accurate these boards will be in relation to actual conditions... but just wanted to pass that FYI out.

Re: Electronic boards at DTD

Used them last Friday Night. It had been some time since we visited the "WORLD", so we did not realize they were new. Very good idea!

Comment

They have been up for a while. I actually started a thread about this a week ago. It is good to see that they are actually being used now instead of saying 'TEST TEST" for weeks.
      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
          Pictures!
          Here is one:
          http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5355yh6vp0.jpg
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
            Pictures!
            Gladly. There are two types, the small ones mounted on the traffic lights, and two big ones seen as you approach DTD from either side of Buena Vista Dr.

I personally do not think these signs will help make the traffic in that area any better.. simply because the parking lots at DTD are Disney's worst designed parking lots on Earth (with MGM's lot running a close 2nd), and also because most guests won't even pay attention to them. They could put up a naked Minnie Mouse up there and no one will look! Also, there are 12 stop lights too many in that quarter mile stretch of BV dr. The efforts are appreciated but I honestly believe Disney wasted their money on this, instead of spending it where it matters.... like rehabbing the MK for example?

Comment

Yes, they might not work but they it might be too early to tell. As for me, I think I'll still park in Q over by House and Circ anyway because they I don't have to "fight" my way in or out.Well, at least they are themed a bit though TDLFAN.

(I'm trying to think positive here...)

Comment

Only two of them are themed to look like the usual directional signs. All others are skinny ones mounted on the stop light poles.

Comment

Some more have been installed around the Blizzard Beach entrance.
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I wonder how long it will be before they put up a parking structure at DTD.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      Interesting. I wonder how long it will be before they put up a parking structure at DTD.
                      A long time since one is not needed. They just have to re-design the roads a bit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X