• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swan and Dolphin 3D Models in Google Earth Now

Re: Swan and Dolphin 3D Models in Google Earth Now

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

They should put a 3d WDW property on that map too.

Comment

With all of the amazing architecture in this country, I can't believe the Swan and Dolphin made #70.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
          With all of the amazing architecture in this country, I can't believe the Swan and Dolphin made #70.
          The Swan and Dolphin are unique examples of Post-Modern Architecture built on a grand scale. I completely agree with their inclusion on the list.
          In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Wow... I cant believe those lame buildings are on there.

Maybe if a put a giant statue of an anteater on my house Google will pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldDuckFan View Post

Maybe if a put a giant statue of an anteater on my house Google will pick it up.
              lmao!!! perhaps!!! is that a threat ?! :lol:
              sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
              Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
                  The Swan and Dolphin are unique examples of Post-Modern Architecture built on a grand scale. I completely agree with their inclusion on the list.

I don't know - I'm a huge architecture fan and I love old as well as modern architecture, but those buildings just look rather ugly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldDuckFan View Post
                    My thoughts exactly! I hate these hotels.
                    sigpic

Comment

I stayed at one of these hotels... and I remember almost nothing about the hotel.. perhaps that says something about it

Disney: true inspiration!

Comment

I'd never stay there, but I do have to admit the exterior architecture is pretty cool.

Comment

It's a shame that so many people rip on these hotels when as a person who has stayed at each "price range" at least once......had the BEST STAYS at the Dolphin. There may not have been Mickey Mouse soap but the AWESOME cast members made each stay enjoyable and one to remember. Now they were not perfect, but people rag on them without even truly checking them out.

When you step into the lobby of the Dolpin, it's simply amazing. Everything is laid out just right and the views from a majority of the rooms are pretty hard to beat.

Give them a chance people!

Comment

I just stayed at the dolphin for a week (4/15-421) with my wife and kids (17 & 18) and I enjoyed it. We happen to have a balcony on our room and it was enjoyable to sit and watch the boats come from Epcot and then to watch the high part of Illuminations at night from there also. The view was great and I really liked the lobby architecture. Picabu in the basement was well priced for a Disney dining experience. The only bad thing was the slide was closed in the pool area because they were repainting them and the hot tubs were not hot tubs, but more like luke-warm tubs. They ran about 85 degrees the entire week which is way to cold for a "hot tub". It was a fine experience to be there for the week. Now if they could do something about those fish on the roof....dolphin's don't have scales!!!....LOL
                            If you ever plan to motor West, travel my way, take the highway that's the best....Get your kicks on Route 66!!!

Comment

I stayed there for a business trip, and I was not expecting much... I am a GF/ Poly purist at hear. Well, I was suprised to find out that it was really really nice! The hallways in the guest room areas were themed to look like the beach (sand and towels on the carpet) and the entry to your room was a cabana. AND they have the Westin 'heavenly bed'- and I was pregnant at the time, so that meant a lot to me. The bed was SO much more comfy than any WDW resort I had stayed in. Also, views from all rooms are good- you either get Epcot or the boardwalk marina area.

In my experience the pool area was nice, with slides and themed rocks. I did not use the hot tubs though. I would def stay there again!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X