Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disney Institute...who remembers?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Institute...who remembers?

I miss that place....does anyone know why they shut it down? I wanted to build my own topiary:geek:
    Originally posted by Adelade
    Chica is featured nightly on the Playboy channel

Re: Disney Institute...who remembers?

The Disney Institute still exists as a professional development and training program for companies outside of Disney. Not nearly as much fun as building topiaries.

My employer may actually be sending me to a program at DLR in August.

More info is at www.disneyinstitute.com.
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

A good friend of mine was an instructor at the institute. She may have even developed some of the curriculum (it's been a while since the topic came up so I don't remember). She showed me the promo video one day that she was featured in. We had a good laugh at her expense since a. it was totally cheesy and b. she looked way different back then.

Comment

I still have the promo video. I really considered taking some of the courses back then, but I was young and didn't want to take classes on vacation.
        sigpic
        Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Disney Institute also runs the behind the scenes tours.

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
            Disney Institute also runs the behind the scenes tours.
            Which tour is this? I'm not familiar with it - is it only for professional development courses?

I remember the Disney Institute. I took a baking class there. It was lots of fun. What's wrong with wanting to use your brain and learn something on vacation? It was a fantastic idea.
            "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
            - Walt Disney

Comment

I believe they the consumer version never took off as much as they hoped, so they shut it down and built a D.V.C. resort at the main campus. As other poster have said, the institute still exists for companies, large groups, as well as some backstage tours in a limited capacity.

Comment

i remember it but can't say I ever went inside.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                  I believe they the consumer version never took off as much as they hoped, so they shut it down and built a D.V.C. resort at the main campus. As other poster have said, the institute still exists for companies, large groups, as well as some backstage tours in a limited capacity.

thanks, and yea, i have heard some rumors about the large companies thing. Do you know which DVC resort it is? is it Saratoga? I do wish they would open it back up to the public though.
                  Originally posted by Adelade
                  Chica is featured nightly on the Playboy channel

Comment

it's now saratoga springs. but they do run a tour that lasts all day with lunch included. It takes you all over the backstage areas including the centeral shops and wardrobe and a behind the scenes look at the american adventure in epcot. My husband's department went on it and he raved about how well it was done and how informative it was. the only drawback, no pictures except in the laundry room. it runs about 200 dollars to the general public if you have a free day and want to take it. you get a discount if you have an AP.

I believe that the Disney Institute was started because Mr. Eisner wanted to tap into the "learning vacation" market but like figment said it didn't really click with the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStitchChica View Post
                      does anyone know why they shut it down?
                      because not nearly enough people wanted to go to Disney for vacation and take classes. Never made much sense
                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

back in the late 80s early 90s there was something called an educational vacation became very popular. they still have them on cruises and such. you went somewhere and took classes maybe on pottery or painting or history of the area. but the fad died out and it never really caught on at WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStitchChica View Post
                          I wanted to build my own topiary:geek:

Why build? Now you can own your very own topiary in a fraction of the time it would take to build one. After all who has the time to clip and trim and love a bush like a Disney horticulturist:

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/...tegoryId=11910

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBlaster View Post
                            Why build? Now you can own your very own topiary in a fraction of the time it would take to build one. After all who has the time to clip and trim and love a bush like a Disney horticulturist:

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/...tegoryId=11910

Oh yes.. I've seen those!!!

Jeez, leave it to MiceChat to bring me to a site I purposely try to avoid... :croll:

Comment

Originally posted by sealsm View Post
                              Which tour is this? I'm not familiar with it - is it only for professional development courses?

I remember the Disney Institute. I took a baking class there. It was lots of fun. What's wrong with wanting to use your brain and learn something on vacation? It was a fantastic idea.
                              This is the backstage magic tour. Anyone can take it. I'm not sure if the Disney institute is responsible for all tours or just this one.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...MagicToursPage

Mikeland also did a great trip report on this.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ackstage+magic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X