This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Going On at POP-half-Century

Ok so i am going to the happiest place on earth yet unfortunatly i wont be staying at the happiest hotel on earth. This time we are going to be trying out the Pop Century value resort and before you say anything i already know that the other side of hourglass lake wont be ready for my trip but does anyone know when this resort will finally be finished!!!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Re: What's Going On at POP-half-Century

and it should have been a question as the type not news sorry about that

Comment

Its basically mothballed until they decide they need the capacity.

You can see it from the Resort, but its not distracting unless you go looking for it.

Comment

and you know i will

Comment

well... not to disappoint... but you see a brown building across the lake. That's it

Comment

There is more than one complete building, at least three. It is also quite a bit obvious to the rooms that face Hourglass Lake. The unfinished buildings were the first thing I saw every morning in March.

Oh, and Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. Walt Disney World is the Vacation Kingdom of the World.

Comment

Yes, its quite obvious there are buildings there... but its pretty plain and boring. You see it once, and go 'wow, wonder what that is' and move on.

It's not like its some ghost town MK. They are low rise brown buildings that if you didn't look close you'd think were just random office buildings except they have outside walkways/railings. Its about as interesting as self-storage parks.

You can actually see much more of them if you focus on it driving along victory rd through the trees (including the entrance to that part of the resort).

I'd post a picture, but they are on the other computer and aren't even worth powering it up to show you.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                There is more than one complete building, at least three. It is also quite a bit obvious to the rooms that face Hourglass Lake. The unfinished buildings were the first thing I saw every morning in March.

Oh, and Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. Walt Disney World is the Vacation Kingdom of the World.
                thanks for the reminder

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                  Yes, its quite obvious there are buildings there... but its pretty plain and boring. You see it once, and go 'wow, wonder what that is' and move on.

It's not like its some ghost town MK. They are low rise brown buildings that if you didn't look close you'd think were just random office buildings except they have outside walkways/railings. Its about as interesting as self-storage parks.

You can actually see much more of them if you focus on it driving along victory rd through the trees (including the entrance to that part of the resort).

I'd post a picture, but they are on the other computer and aren't even worth powering it up to show you.
                  thanks for the enthusiam

Comment

well if you are enthusiastic about seeing this... time to reset your expectations.

The reception desk at the hotel (which is pretty boring at Pop as well) will be infinitely more exciting then 'hunting out' the lost Legacy Years buildings.

Comment

well if you are enthusiastic about seeing this... time to reset your expectations.

The reception desk at the hotel (which is pretty boring at Pop as well) will be infinitely more exciting then 'hunting out' the lost Legacy Years buildings.
                      hahahaha trust me im going to Pop not expecting to walk into the lobby of the Floridian

Comment

A walked over there once, across - what the heck is is called, something bridge. There is a big planter at the end. That about sums up the excitement. It was more exciting looking for the lost RAT WORLD USGS survey marker at Pop, and thats missing too,

-dave
                        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

This is a shot I got of the front of the 'other' Pop resort from my last trip to WDW. I saw it everytime I was leaving from my room.

"Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

Comment

I walked out on the bridge as well (my building was the last right before the bridge) just to see. It's actually closer then it looks.. but again 'nothing to see here...'

Comment

Here you go.. this video will show you everything there is to see there.. up close.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSc1fG0ETeY[/youtube]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X