This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite thing about the Disney MGM Studios

What is your favorite thing about the Disney MGM Studios? I love the art deco style style, and all of the great building designs on Hollywood. Plus it has my first things in it, Muppets, Stars Wars, and Roger Rabbit.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Re: Favorite thing about the Disney MGM Studios

The outside of Star Tours amazed me. I enjoyed seeing the big AT-AT.

Comment

l liked the chinese theater but now theres a huge hat in the way
      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
        The outside of Star Tours amazed me. I enjoyed seeing the big AT-AT.
        Me too. I love the whole Emok village. It is alot better than Disneyland's outside for their.
        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I think I'd have to say The Great Movie Ride. There's just something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
            l liked the chinese theater but now theres a huge hat in the way
            Let get "Extreme Home:Make-Over" over there and take it down. "Move that Bus"

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
              Me too. I love the whole Emok village. It is alot better than Disneyland's outside for their.
              Disneyland's exterior works for the attraction's location.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                Disneyland's exterior works for the attraction's location.
                I guess, I just wish that there was more theme to it like an X-Wing or something. Yeah, I know in the studio, we are suppose to be on a movie set but it works.

Comment

The Sci-Fi Cafe rocks!
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

LMA is my favorite thing at MGM, followed up by Muppetvision 3-D, Mulch Sweat and Shears, and One Man's Dream

Comment

I've seen a lot of negative posts about MGM on message boards, but I love this park! I usually do ToT and RnRC first thing, then take my time through the day, ensuring i hit GMR and Muppets, and the rest is no pressure.

MGM, for me, is all about atmosphere. The shops used to be so well themed...sadly, they're pretty much all the same now (as in all the World), which takes away some of the fun for me. Although, one shop they can change is the "what purpose does this serve?" Planet Hollywood store. Oh, and make the villains store a villains store again, not a Nightmare Store (particularly when the park does not have any sort of show or attraction featuring NBC).

Um, how did my post turn into a gripe session? Sorry :blush:

Back to favorites, why I love this park enough to gripe about it...

...atmosphere. Best dining atmosphere out of any of the parks, IMO. Sci Fi and 50's Primetime are so fun, and so different from each other and any other WDW restaurant. Noticing all the little details in that park is a lot of fun. A great park to walk around, or sit and take it all in.
                      "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Comment

I love One Man's Dream (a museum about Walt Disney), The Great Movie Ride,Star Tours/Star Wars, Muppets 3-D, that Car stunt show, Fantasmic, and I want to say the Animation Studio. But since they downsize that one, it's not as awesome anymore, IMHO.
                        Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Star Wars Weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                            What is your favorite thing about the Disney MGM Studios? I love the art deco style style, and all of the great building designs on Hollywood. Plus it has my first things in it, Muppets, Stars Wars, and Roger Rabbit.
                            First of all, thanks for sucking up to me can calling it by it's actual name: The Disney-MGM Studios. :cgrin:

Now to answer your question, as I've said before, "it's my favorite park to do nothing in." This is because I enjoy the atmosphere (not just because of streetmosphere) but the art deco, the BGM, characters, and entire set up make a fun atmosphere that I really enjoy. I've seen the shows and been on the attractions many times (except for Backlot Tour, I think I can count that experience on one hand, heh.) So I still go there because I enjoy it, especially doing nothing.

Comment

I agree that the overall atmosphere is why I like going. I do miss all of the fun stuff that was there in the early 90's (the first time I got to go).
                              Now I enjoy seeing all of the Playhouse Disney characters (well, my daughter enjoys them ) and I think One Man's Dream is pretty cool.

This will sound kind of cheesy but I really enjoyed The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe experience. I loved going through the wardrobe and stepping out on to the "snowy" ground. Yes, I know it was just white padding on the floor and fake snowy trees but I thought it was a pretty cool (ha!) effect.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X