Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Recap for 9 fabulous days in the world

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recap for 9 fabulous days in the world

Here we go I have been back to normal for 2 weeks now and I am just getting back to reality. That is what I love about Disney, the ability to transport me to a wonderful place in my mind. So I have a LONG recap on our trip but I will break it down, maybe you will take away some of the wonderful tips I used.

Quick Overview:
    We stayed at the CBR which is beautiful!! Yes it is large but the landscaping is great, and the theming made me feel like we were in a tropical paradise.
    I used the unofficial guide touring plans, they helped but we did not follow them completely. I think we did good, we used lots of fastpasses, and did not stand in line for more then 20 minutes.
    We made it every morning to park opening, it was amazing how much you can do in the first 2 hours.
    We "tried" to not go commando but the family was really willing to go all day, we did try to get a little pool break, but that only happened maybe 4 days.
    We loved WDW thought it was great, but I think we are all Disneylanders at heart! :love:

This one time on Friends . . .:roll:

Re: Recap for 9 fabulous days in the world

Day 1 arrive at 6:02 am after a horrible red eye flight on US airway in an “old” plane. But who cares we were in WDW!!!!

Got to the CBR pre-checked in and put on new clothes and caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Being a DLer it was fun to see the differences but also it was neat that it felt familiar! Finally our whole party (7 family members) met up at noon and headed to Space Mountain. We had been collecting fast passes in the morning. I love that you can return later then the fast pass window in the ticket this trick saved us a TON of time. At 3 we left to get back to the hotel get into our rooms and receive our grocery delivery. We had ordered booze from Marge at wegoshop.com. It was fantastic we had margaritas and beer for the whole party, this little trick saved us a ton of money and made our afternoons at the hotel very relaxing.

We did some swimming, lounging, and napping and then we headed over to the AKL for dinner at Boma. The hotel is fantastic and the grounds are even better, while waiting for our table we got some time to talk to some of the CM about the savannah they are so knowable and willing to share. We LOVED the selection of food it was fun to try it all. After dinner we went out past the pool and got to try the night vision goggles, we did not see anything but it was really neat to look through them. It was a great first day!
    Last edited by DisneylandPlanner; 05-10-2007, 11:00 AM. Reason: messing with the pictures

Comment

Day 2 up bright and early and headed over to Epcot. The topiaries are wonderful!

Started in Future World on one of our favorite rides Test Track!! It was great my nephew loved it. We did Mission Space I did the green side and was glad I did it, it was fun but intense enough for me. I got to hear about the orange side from the rest of the family. We made our way to World Showcase for lunch in Mexico this was the busiest we saw the parks. I also found out why people at WDW do not enjoy churros like the DL group. They are terrible, disgusting cardboard with a ton of cinnamon and sugar glued to them. After lunch we explored Mexico, Norway, and China and then took a break before our birthday celebration at Rose and Crown!! We had a great dinner and server with Stephanie. The view for illuminations was fantastic; it was a great birthday dinner for my BIL! This was the tip of the day, I recommend the dinner reservation for illuminations.

We went to DTD it was busy and crazy with shirtless teen boys it was not what we expected so we got back on the bus and went to the hotel

Comment

Day 3 time for Disney Studios. We hit the big 2 right away rockin roller coaster and TOT what a way to get the day going.

Then we rode the Great Movie Ride which I loved, the CM were not the best in acting but the ride itself is great, I could only imagine if you got some really good actors how fantastic this ride is. We made our lunch reservations at

I volunteered for the backlot tour and got soaked but it really made the day fun. I recommend the Narnia walk through and . To end the day I learned how to draw Pluto which was fun, it did not look like Pluto but it was fun. We headed to Fantasmic and my sister got us great seats right in the middle about 5th row. I had made the decision to pass on the Fantasmic dinner package and after seeing the seating I was glad I did. We got there maybe a half an hour before the show and the theater was filling but there were plenty of seats to be found. It was a little misty down there but the show was really neat.

Comment

Day 4 finish up the 4 with Animal Kingdom. This park is really neat. We started in Dinoland with Dinosaurs and primeval whirl we were not really excited about either so we left Dinoland to never return. Then we hit Expedition Everest which was awesome you need to do it at least twice to understand how neat to is or you can do it 6 times which is what we did.

Africa was next were I danced with the drummers which was sooooo much fun!!

I recommend tapping your foot to the music and volunteering so you can shake your groove thing. We spent some time under the tree of life and loved the safari. The only thing I would have passed on was Lion King, but the line for the Nemo show was crazy!! I bet it is good but we did not see it. That night we went back to Epcot for dinner at the Coral Reef!! I had called ahead for the dive banner for my nephew they had a special menu for him with some pictures on it I sent them.

This just made our dinner so special even though we had our worst server. Our meal was great and what was really neat is when we left the park was empty so we got some great shots of the park. I recommend that you eat late and then you get to see the parks in empty.

Comment

Day 5 Time to go back to the Magic Kingdom.

It was awesome, it took us awhile to realize what was happening. But once we did we were so impressed. Then we went back to the hotel to get ready for our dinner at . . . . . California Grill at the Contemporary. There is a great photo location out by the pool with Mickey sitting on top of Mickey ears. We got a great group photo.

We had awesome, awesome, awesome dinner!!!!! We had the perfect view of the castle and the fireworks it was a very memorable night.

Also we had a great waiter Jeff he really went above and beyond. The whole night was perfect!

Comment

Day 6 2 of our party say goodbye today and 3 go to Cape Canaveral for the day.

So we spent the day in the World Showcase and at Disney StudiosBiergarten; the food was good, authentic, and full of meat! My husband loved the meat salad. J We were too late for the show I would have liked to have seen that. But our waitress was nice and very informative so it was a good evening.

Comment

Day 7 Today we start with EMH at Magic Kingdomand made it for the opening show which was fun. We made our way to Fantasyland and took in some of the rides before making our way to the Harmony Barber Shop.

My nephew got his hair cut and the decorated the back with a blue Mickey and spiked the top with blue and topped it off the pixie dust. It was awesome!! Another really good tip. After that we got on the boat and went to the Grand Floridian for the Mary Poppins character breakfast, she is my favorite! I got Mary all to myself, and I got to impress her with my ability to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards.

So this made my trip I got a ton of pictures with her and I also got to wear my practically perfect shirt, which she loved! Then it was off on the monorail to Epcot to meet figment and ride test track again. Then we took a break with a pizza, margarita, and a dip in the pool, ahhhhh perfect! Then it was time to get ready for dinner at the at the Polynesian. We took the bus to the MK and then the boat again. I loved riding the boat it was beautiful out and the sun was setting it was very romantic. Dining was very nice and dessert was even better! The Polynesian really is a pretty resort. We then made our way back to MK to watch Spectromagic. I do not know it I was tired or too freaked out but the white face things at the beginning but I did not like this parade as much as I thought I would. But we had a great view of the 11:30 show so we really got to see it. The park felt empty over in Frontierland. We did get a night ride on the jungle cruise before the parade and I think the jungle cruise is always better at night.

Comment

Day 8 Today we went to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure

Day 9 the last day L so of course we spent it at Magic Kingdom.

We had a great time. Got to do our favorites it was the ideal end. I recommend if you have a counter service left, we went to the Main Street Bakery; they have sandwiches in plastic wrap so we took them and ate them at the airport. The magical express ride was nice, but I was exhausted I slept the whole ride, that is the sign of a wonderful vacation!

Comment

Aw!!! Looks like you had a wonderful trip!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
                    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Awesome TR. Glad you had an awesome time!!!

Comment

Great report and pics! It sounds like you had a well rounded trip to the world.
                        I want my cake back!
                        sigpic

Comment

What a wonderful trip report, thanks for sharing.

Comment

what's the dive banner? and can anyone do it? Great report - thanks.
                            sigpic
                            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandPlanner View Post
                              There is a great photo location out by the pool with Mickey sitting on top of Mickey ears. We got a great group photo.
                              I have my picture taken at that statue every trip! It's fun to look back at all the different trips with this one structure. It's great to see someone else enjoy it, too.

I love the TR and pictures. Thanks for sharing!
                              "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                              - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X