Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Do you get blisters at WDW? How do you care for 'em?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you get blisters at WDW? How do you care for 'em?

I like to wear Crocs when I'm at WDW. Keep the feet cool and comfy.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

I have to say, whatever crocs lack in style, they MORE than make-up for in comfort. I bought a $130 pair of nike shox that were so uncomfortable, and I bought a $30 pair of Crocs. The Crocs were SO comfy, I could not believe it. They also don't get funky, and your feet will not sweat in them. I love them. I wish they made cooler styles for guys, like they have for women (mary-janes)

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
        Oh boy! I usually brought a pair of flip flops and wore them after my feet got blistered. I felt it gave them a chance to breathe.

Still, now I have NO IDEA what to do!
        At the very least get the moleskin and use it as a preventative measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
          I have to say, whatever crocs lack in style, they MORE than make-up for in comfort. I bought a $130 pair of nike shox that were so uncomfortable, and I bought a $30 pair of Crocs. The Crocs were SO comfy, I could not believe it. They also don't get funky, and your feet will not sweat in them. I love them. I wish they made cooler styles for guys, like they have for women (mary-janes)
          Crocs are definately the best, even if they're not stylish. But I prefer the normal 'beach' style over any.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

I also wore two different pairs of shoes throughout the week and never got any blisters nor did my feet hurt! That was a top I picked up here on MiceChat!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Instead of the normal moleskin which is very thin, Bandaid brand makes a moleskin that has a 1/4 inch foam backing to it that provides a bit of relief, I like to cut a hole out around the blister in it and use it to keep it from popping or getting worse.

Now that I'm Diebetic I carry a foot first aid kit with me which has the foam, a small folding scisors, some neosporin, a sterile lancit (one from my glucose test kit), and aclohoal whipes. I do a foot check if I notice any rubbing or discomfort about midday and try to stop it before it gets started.

Good shoes are the big thing, but you may want to simply take a seccond pair of socks with you in your pack. This will help in case your feet get wet from water rides but also for when you do a foot check or if a blister breaks you may want a clean pair of socks. Dry feet are happy feet at WDW!
              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Working...
              X