Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get blisters at WDW? How do you care for 'em?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you get blisters at WDW? How do you care for 'em?

Originally posted by Taggart View Post
    Or you can always wear a pair of these beauties:
    Be careful, that could make the kiddies taller for height requirements ... and then were in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Taggart View Post
      Or you can always wear a pair of these beauties:
      I never saw a pair of those in person (only drooled over them as a kid when they were prizes on Double Dare) until last year... now I'm far to big to even try them
      Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Oh gee.. what will be next? Pictures of all Micechatter's bare feet?? (yes, amuse me)

But for the love of God... don't let this topic get stinky.

Comment

TDLFAN... do not tempt me to post photos pf my pretty piggies!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
            I have had a blister problem at WDW every single trip since I was a young teen. I have tried alternating pairs of sneakers, wearing two pairs of socks etc etc.

This trip I was planning on buying some "Cool Max" brand socks and using Gold Bond powder.

I also was told to bring "mole skin" (small pieces of a felt-like material that you cover existing blisters with) although I have never used it before and it seems too odd to work.

Any other blister sufferers out there? Any suggestions to avoid 'em?

I have never had blisters from Disney. I wear sneakers (Cross-trainers) and cotton socks.

I do have Cool-Max socks. I use them when I hike. They work very well, as far as wicking away moisture, which can help with preventing blisters.

Moleskin also works great. I carry it when I do long hikes. You need to use it BEFORE a blister forms. You need to put it on as soon as you feel a "hot spot" forming.

-dave
            "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
            "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Lots of good tips! I would try 'em all at once, but I don't have enough feet.

Maybe I should do a poll.
              sigpic
              Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

The less I wear on my feet the less blisters I get. I used to follow all the advice that "you should wear a pair of really good sneakers" to spend all day in the park. Well sneakers gave me blisters and killled my flat feet.

I found a pair of amazingly cushy flip flops (by Sketchers). I wore them for ten days in the parks and never had a blister and was comfortable the whole time. Sketchers are gods gift to the flat footed!

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
                  The less I wear on my feet the less blisters I get. I used to follow all the advice that "you should wear a pair of really good sneakers" to spend all day in the park. Well sneakers gave me blisters and killled my flat feet.

I found a pair of amazingly cushy flip flops (by Sketchers). I wore them for ten days in the parks and never had a blister and was comfortable the whole time. Sketchers are gods gift to the flat footed!

Oh boy! I usually brought a pair of flip flops and wore them after my feet got blistered. I felt it gave them a chance to breathe.

Still, now I have NO IDEA what to do!
                  sigpic
                  Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

I spent a full week last July and never got a blister. I <gulp!> trusted my wife and wore the shoes she bought for me.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Black

They are kinda like Crocs, but not as weird looking for a 6'4" 300lb guy.
                    I wore them with sometimes with some cheap ankle cut socks, sometimes without (especially after a water ride). Never had a problem, although after we got back, it was weird trying to wear regular shoes again.

Comment

I think shoes definitely are a big part of it. I took some fitted New Balance shoes with me last time and nary had a problem.

Comment

I like to wear Crocs when I'm at WDW. Keep the feet cool and comfy.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

I have to say, whatever crocs lack in style, they MORE than make-up for in comfort. I bought a $130 pair of nike shox that were so uncomfortable, and I bought a $30 pair of Crocs. The Crocs were SO comfy, I could not believe it. They also don't get funky, and your feet will not sweat in them. I love them. I wish they made cooler styles for guys, like they have for women (mary-janes)

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
                            Oh boy! I usually brought a pair of flip flops and wore them after my feet got blistered. I felt it gave them a chance to breathe.

Still, now I have NO IDEA what to do!
                            At the very least get the moleskin and use it as a preventative measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                              I have to say, whatever crocs lack in style, they MORE than make-up for in comfort. I bought a $130 pair of nike shox that were so uncomfortable, and I bought a $30 pair of Crocs. The Crocs were SO comfy, I could not believe it. They also don't get funky, and your feet will not sweat in them. I love them. I wish they made cooler styles for guys, like they have for women (mary-janes)
                              Crocs are definately the best, even if they're not stylish. But I prefer the normal 'beach' style over any.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

I also wore two different pairs of shoes throughout the week and never got any blisters nor did my feet hurt! That was a top I picked up here on MiceChat!
                                Good morning, son
                                In twenty years from now
                                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                And I can tell you 'bout today
                                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                It was pain
                                Sunny days and rain
                                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Instead of the normal moleskin which is very thin, Bandaid brand makes a moleskin that has a 1/4 inch foam backing to it that provides a bit of relief, I like to cut a hole out around the blister in it and use it to keep it from popping or getting worse.

Now that I'm Diebetic I carry a foot first aid kit with me which has the foam, a small folding scisors, some neosporin, a sterile lancit (one from my glucose test kit), and aclohoal whipes. I do a foot check if I notice any rubbing or discomfort about midday and try to stop it before it gets started.

Good shoes are the big thing, but you may want to simply take a seccond pair of socks with you in your pack. This will help in case your feet get wet from water rides but also for when you do a foot check or if a blister breaks you may want a clean pair of socks. Dry feet are happy feet at WDW!
                                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Working...
                                  X