This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Century Resort

"What's it like to stay at a Disney resort?" I'm thinking about checking in the Pop Century resort with my Mother later this year before the Holidays.

Re: Pop Century Resort

Depends on your budget. But I think it's overrated. The hotels offer nothing different than what can be found outside WDW. You are only getting theming, location and free bus transportation to all areas of WDW, and since some people find that 'special', then... more power to them.

Comment

I have to agree with what TDLFAN says...to an extent. I guess I'd rather stay at a place on Disney grounds to take advantage of the bus service, the unique pools etc. than to stay at a similar place outside of WDW and not have those options.

Comment

For me it's a convenience and mental attitude thing. I feel more immersed in my vacation by not having to leave the resort after being in a park all day. While some hotels are very close to WDW it is just so much more convenient being on property and not having to drive to each park if you don't want to.
        Originally posted by larasound
        am I the burrito man?

Comment

Agree with evilqueenrocks. While outside hotels are really nice these days, the convenience can't be beat. You can take a break midday and go back to the resort for a swim or a rest. You could do this if you were on the outside but I am sure the time would be doubled. The atmosphere is on grounds making it so much more exciting also.

Comment

I am at a mid-point to both arguments. While I agree the rooms of the hotels are very overrated, the themeing keeps the atmosphere for me.

The bus service and Magical Express are priceless, and you get to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, which often offer walk ons to most rides.

Comment

It TOTALLY makes a difference. I would never consider staying off-property. It's a certain intangible, a feeling that makes it all so much special. Try it, you'll see. Plus, the value resorts aren't all that much more expensive than a Holiday Inn Express or Country Inn and Suites. I mean, if you like Travelodge (yuck) or Motel 6 (ick), I guess you could save a few bucks, but why? Extra hours of magic for resort guests, free delivery of the products you buy in the park to your resort, the buses to the parks (otherwise you have to pay for parking each and every day$$$). It's a no-brainer. We're trying out Pop Century in June; I can't wait.
              "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

Comment

Originally posted by petesimac View Post
                It TOTALLY makes a difference. I would never consider staying off-property. It's a certain intangible, a feeling that makes it all so much special. Try it, you'll see. Plus, the value resorts aren't all that much more expensive than a Holiday Inn Express or Country Inn and Suites. I mean, if you like Travelodge (yuck) or Motel 6 (ick), I guess you could save a few bucks, but why? Extra hours of magic for resort guests, free delivery of the products you buy in the park to your resort, the buses to the parks (otherwise you have to pay for parking each and every day$$$). It's a no-brainer. We're trying out Pop Century in June; I can't wait.
                I agree pretty much completely with petesimac on this. I have stayed at most of the restorts down at WDW. The one I won't stay at again is Pop Century. While I did feel the themeing is cute (especially to a nostalgia nut like me). I disliked it the most due to it being one of noisiest of the value resorts (All Star Movies was maybe noisier but not much). I didn't like it's set up at all and I also did not like the way thier restaurant is set up, it is the noisiest of all of the one's I have been at. But like petesimac said it does make a differance there really is a certain intangible feeling that makes it all so much more special. I too will never stay off property again (I used to a long time ago).
                Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                sigpic

Comment

I love the whole experience. I agree it is mostly a mental thing on my part, but it works for me. I like having one card for everything including purchases. I like buying stuff and having it sent to my room. I love the music at the resorts. I enjoy having the transportation ( an extra plus from POP because you don't share the buses with ither resorts!) I really like Magic Express. So for me it is worth it!
                  "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                  I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

The one card for everything is a plus indeed.

As far as the busses go, the Pop's bus seems to be slower than the rest and is always crowded... at least every time I've tried it.

Comment

Staying on property really is the best way to go. Yes, it is more expensive, but it's totally worth it. To me, it's worth it to spend the same amount of money and get a smaller place on property with bus service etc, then to get a suite off property. JMHO though...

I've stayed at Pop Century and, for a value, family-oriented resort, it's nice. I've also stayed and Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. I leave soon for Saratoga Springs. I'll let you all know how that goes. On our last trip we became DVC members. Be careful of those "Best Kept Secret" booths....

Comment

Originally posted by Taggart View Post
                        The one card for everything is a plus indeed.

As far as the busses go, the Pop's bus seems to be slower than the rest and is always crowded... at least every time I've tried it.
                        Actually, I found PC to have some of the best bus service around. You don't share buses like at the other resorts.

Comment

I guess it really depends on what time you go.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X