Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they still doing the 2nd Illuminations during EMH?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they still doing the 2nd Illuminations during EMH?

We are going to be at WDW in a week. I noticed that the 31st is EMH at Epcot. We won't be able to make the 9:00 Illuminations due to our dinner plans, but I was wondering if they were still doing the 2nd show during EMH or if that was a temporary thing.

Thanks.

Re: Are they still doing the 2nd Illuminations during EMH?

they were when I was there last week. Thank God. Cause the first show was packed and standing room only. Without the second show, we wouldn't have gotten to see it.

Comment

No, they weren't doing it last week. Although, the did do a nice little announcement before the burnoff (about 10:30) though and we got to see that. :geek:

Comment

There is no second showing. That was strictly a test run for the month of April. I will let you know if it comes back.
        -Bill

Comment

Since I'm going in July 4th week... I'mmmm betting it'll be back during that time period.

Comment

Eh, don't bet on it.
            -Bill

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. We will have to just get a good spot on Friday when we are there!!!
              *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by belle View Post
                Thanks for letting us know. We will have to just get a good spot on Friday when we are there!!!
                HAVE FUN belle & clinkers!!!! :cgrin:

Comment

I got to see the burnoff when I went last year. It was cool.

Comment

Don't count on the second show returning. From what I have heard, the crowds were very minimal and the WS shops would have been extremely fortunate to have made the amount that a second show costs.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Well I am hoping that at least they'll make an exception for the 4th of July week, when me and my party will be there. Give me a 2nd show!

Comment

Personally, having a second showing made little sense. Although I know it was designed to get resort guests to have dinners at full serve locations and shop while the first show was going on.

To me, there should be extended hours all summer ... at least 10, but preferably 11 (like in the old days that none of you kiddies remember) and have the show an hour later for all.

Some days in June and July there's still some light in the sky at 9 p.m.

Hopefully, Epcot's new VP will break from the assinine George Kalogridis/Karl Holz/Brad Rex model of closing the park year-round at 9.

For a park that's more adult and focused on food and beverage and shopping, it's absurd the place closes so early.

Can you imagine 8 a.m.-midnight summer hours for all of Epcot?

I lived them.

Comment

WDW1974 agree with you 100%. Keep the park open until 11PM. As you mention, you have adults that like to eat (which there are plenty of good eats for every taste) do a little shopping and end the evening watching fireworks. Now there is a rush feeling, not relaxed.

Comment

I would both like and dislike a later Epcot time, as a "comando" disney guy I welcome the early close of Epcot because it means I will get close to 8 hours that night, however I would never complain about more time at Epcot.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X